Duac Topical Gel

4.1

Each gram of Duac Topical Gel contains 10 mg (1%) clindamycin, as phosphate, and 50 mg (5%) benzoyl peroxide in a base consisting of carbomer 940, dimethicone, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, edetate disodium, glycerin, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, purified water, silicon dioxide, and sodium hydroxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Helps with my moderate acne, nothing cystic but I get red bumps on my forehead and this helps to keep it nice and breakout free. It is a bit drying but I just don't use it everyday - I use it for 3 nights in the evening, and then a hydrating serum on the 4th and then begin again. Only other con is that it contains Benzoyl Peroxide which helps to eradicate acne BUT also apparently prolongs scarring, hence I only use it on active acne and put my scarring medicines on the other bits of my face

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Seriously good stuff. When retin-a's effectiveness began to decline on me, I got prescribed duac to take in the morning. Helps a lot with my acne. Just wished it wasn't so drying, but you win some, you lose some. I'd rather have dry skin than acne any day.

EDIT: (12/24/15) I actually had to go on birth-control when both acne topical treatments began to decline on me, but the more worrying thing is that I think I'm mildly allergic to clindamycin topical since I'm very allergic to clindamycin oral and my face has been unflattering red ever since I started using Duac half a year ago. The docs n I are trying to find a better solution for me but in the meantime, I'm sticking with this since they gave me freakin' alcohol pads as a solution. Maybe next time I'll get a better solution.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This (in conjunction with 25mg of spironolactone once a day) has completely eliminated any breakouts or blocked pores from my skin. I have PCOS and have always had hormonal breakouts constantly on my chin since a young teen, despite by skin not being oily in the slightest. I take care of my skin meticulously, and despite the rest of my face looking radiant, clear and smooth I always had at least one painful spot around my chin or jawline. Using these two products my skin is breakout free and glowing. I use the Duac most nights as the last step in my regime. Applying a thin layer only to the chin (over moisturiser) prevents any dryness or discomfort and allows the cream to keep my problem area in check.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I use this as a spot treatment. I loved Benzolac (Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%) for the purpose, but I ran out of the tubes I brought from home and it's not available in here in Malta. BP is sold under brand name PanOxyl in here, but it has been OOS on this island for months (I kept checking to 6 different pharmacies).

3 weeks ago, a huge cyst started boiling on my left nostril. Skinoren doesn't cut it, although it works on smaller TTOM zits. I found out that Duac is distributed in Malta, so I called a local pharmacy and they told me I'll need a prescription (and not necessarily from a derm) since it contains antibiotic (clindamycin). I got it immediately since I was leaving to see my boyfriend and old friends and family in the Netherlands for a week in a couple days and the cyst was already starting to look red.

I applied it every night and also took 400mg ibuprofen 3x a day. Just within a day, the pulsing on the cyst started to die down and it completely disappeared on 2nd day. Crisis averted!

It needs to be stored in the fridge. It costs much more than my regular BP, but I only need it occasionally and it works wonders on me. Am glad to find a staple spot-treatment!

Before using duac i had very oily skin and very bad acne all over my face and i mean ALL OVER. Nothing worked.

I have used duac for around 4 months and it has improved my skin so much. I didnt notice a difference until after about 5 weeks but by week 8 almost all of my break outs had gone. The breakouts however have left light marks on my face which the duac does not help but the actual acne itself has pretty much gone. I get the odd break out now and again but nothing even close to what i did before. I apply it at night before bed 5 days out of 7.

I have had people make compliments about how much my skin has changed and improved which is really nice to hear having suffered terrible skin for so long.

To avoid getting dry skin i put a very light layer on my skin for the first 3 weeks i mean like a tiny layer to get my skin used to it and then slowly increased it.. I didnt get dry skin doing it this way.

I would recommend that you try this product. Obviously it wont work for everyone i didnt think it would work on my skin as i tried everything in the book but it actually did. So would definately recommend a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have tried this product twice and both times I have had the same, terrible results: dry peeling, almost red raw skin (even when applied over moisturizer) and actually an increase in the breakouts, often far more severe than the usual surface acne I get. A massive thumbs down, I'm afraid!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had mild to severe acne at 14 covering my forehead and it was really affecting my confidence. In his teen years, my brother had pretty bad acne and after his doctor prescribed Duac, it practically vanished. So after having enough of bumpy skin, I went to the doctor and got my prescription. About a week after the first application, I was amazed. The pimples I had were like boils, and quickly reduced in size with Duac. They were almost completely gone in three weeks! Be careful to follow the instructions as with all topical treatments; however, I experienced little to no drying and no stinging ever. I always applied moisturiser afterwards, just in case. However, you need to be on the ball with treatment. I'm now 16 and my acne flared up (not as badly as before) and I once again got Duac and it dramatically changed the appearance of the pimples. I've had one more flare up along my cheek bones and one or two on my chin so decided to get Duac again, however my doctor for some reason wouldn't allow me to and instead prescribed a bogus gel that only dries out my skin and have yet to improve my acne! Duac is undoubtedly the best product to use if you experience mild to severe acne. Good luck!

I turned 30 in September. Around the summmer last year before my 30th my skin started breaking out. I have been on the pill since I was 18. My gyno changed my pill three times in hopes of clearing up my skin - nothing worked. I decied to go off the pill in hope my skin would clear up. It did not. I went to see a dermatolgoist and she prescribed me Duac. I am on my 6th week of Duac and there is no improvement. My forehead did get incredibly worse the first few weeks as well as around my chin, now I have really small pimples on my forehead, temples, upper cheeks, hairline, chin and jaw. Pretty much it's everywhere. Some are red and some are skin color. I had called my derm a few weeks to tell her my skin was breaking out worse and she told me to stay on it until my 2 month appointment. I have two more weeks until my appointment. I really do not want to go on an acne medication. I am hoping she has another topical for me to try. Acne at this age is really depressing. I'm trying very hard to not let it get me down. I would love to wake up tomorrow morning, look in the mirror and see my clear beautiful skin is back!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have never had acne before, I'm 23 and randomly my skin went from perfectly clear to absolutely awful in about 3 weeks. Its really really bad on both sides of my cheeks and a little on my forehead. I got prescribed this cream by a doctor and Iv'e been using it 5 weeks and it got a little bit better for a few days then went straight back to being bad. It also itched like HELL. Now my face is super red and my spots are so bad again and I don't know what to do. I'm so so so scared it's going to scar now because it's been so long now. I followed the instructions perfectly, put it on religiously every night and I don't know why it's got such great reviews yet for me it's been a waste of 5 weeks. It's really starting to get me down now it's so noticeable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This stuff works wonders for my crazy acne prone skin. While on this product it keeps the oil under control and my face doesn't look like a slick mess at the end of the day. I couldn't begin to tell you how long I have been suffering from acne. I remember it started in the 4th grade with minor break outs and just never went away. I'm now in my early 30s and I finally have it under control! The only problem is if I stop using this product for long periods of time the acne does return, though it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. I have tried loads of other acne medications without success until this and my doctor doesn't want to switch me to something else since this is working. I'm hopeful someday I won't need anything to control my acne and it will just go away.

However since I am using it and I have been using it for almost a year I will say in the beginning my skin was very dry and flaky from this. I was actually then prescribed retin-a micro after bringing this up on a follow up doctors appointment. From the beginning I noticed nothing happening. So if you're new to using this I say give it a bit of time. I didn't notice any changed till about 2.. almost 3 months into using this. For the longest time I just noticed severe drying of my skin and thought is this really worth it? I have to say the wait was worth it. My skin doesn't dry out anymore even though I use this product twice a day with a benzoyl peroxide cleanser. Currently If I am on track with my routine and use this twice a day, there is nothing I can put on my face to cause a break out. I love it! I don't even get hormonal break outs anymore.. most of the time. I think every 3-4 months I might get one on my chin or temple and it goes away completely within 5-6 days.

Popular Face Skincare Products