Bye-Bye Blemish - Drying Lotion

Active Ingredients: Sulfur (10%) (Purpose: Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Zinc Oxide, Salicylic Acid, Camphor, Aluminum Magnesium Silicate, Iron Oxide (CI 77491)

I ordered this product off of amazon after hearing the great reviews and am so happy with the results. I have been using it for three days by just putting it on zits at night after cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. For the past few months I have developed acne on my left cheek, I tried burts bees natural acne scrub, proactiv, changing my pillow case every night, body shop tea tree face wash and with no results, if anything it got worse. I was also getting really painful acne around my mouth and chin. Recently I have switched to using a gentler cleanser (body shop aloe gentle cleanser) and once a week using their tea tree scrub and found my skin to be happier and less irritated, but the problem not resolved. The bye bye blemish spot treatment in three days has cleared up my cheek acne, and chin acne. Also it cleared up all my pimples when I had my period, the worst time for my skin! Yes it is smelly but it lasts for only a few minutes and it dries quickly (it hasn't wiped off on my pillow or anything). Also I read other reviews that said this product wouldn't be good for travelling because it can't be shaken but I ordered it online and it was very shaken up but it only took a few hours to settle back to normal. All that is left is some red marks that I am hoping will go away with some vitamin e moisturizer. Will be buying this again but I feel like it will last for a long time.

on 1/31/2015 10:59:00 PM

This will shrink a big pimple in no time! & dry up pimples fast! Does burn a bit upon application.

on 1/29/2015 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is amazing. I ordered it last week when I was just about fed up with the hormonal, cystic pimples I'd get once a month. No matter what I did, the bump would stay for WEEKS and I'd walk around with scars. After using this product twice - my cystic pimple was brought to a head and isn't deep under the skin anymore. Nothing has ever done this for my skin, not even benzoyl peroxide. Yes the smell is strong but it's really not that bad. It stings for a few minutes and you're ok. As for scarring, I'll update this review and see in about 2 weeks if I'm left with another cystic scar. So happy with this product!!! :)

on 1/13/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am so glad that I purchased this. It has saved the day numerous times between my occasional adult pimples and my teens more frequent red spots. Easy to use -- just dip a Q-tip in the pink stuff and dot it EXACTLY on the spot. I would recommend putting this on whiteheads -- before popping them. If you put this on after you pop it -- it doesn't clear up as quickly. The pink stuff dries up quickly and then you wake up with a minimized pimple. Sorry for the gross description -- but this stuff really does work! I've heard that it's the same as Mario Badescu's drying lotion, which is twice the price. So, I suggest picking this one up!

on 1/2/2015 6:51:00 PM

I bought this to help a cystic pimple I had had for months. I used it once a day and it helped a lot - more than anything else and i had already had a cortisone injection! Definitely will repurchase.

on 9/7/2014 11:03:00 PM

This is the greatest thing ever. Also a great dupe for Mario Badescu's drying lotion, considering this is 10 dollars cheaper and probably works the same (I haven't tried Mario Badescu's product). Using this consistently will get rid of acne much much sooner than if left alone. You'll get better results if you apply it to an open pimple (aka pop it) so it can dry it better. The only thing is you can't really take it with you if you go on a trip or something, but there's not really any way to avoid it getting shaken up so that's not a big issue for me. If it gets shaken up just let it sit and it will go back to normal.

on 7/21/2014 5:29:00 PM

I had mild acne - few pimples on cheeks and temples - and more severe on chin as the pimples there tended to hurt. I've had these problems since several years back and noticed that its partly due to hormones (e.g. before the period) and stress. I've tried cleansers and moisturizers from several brands as well as gels and pills with antibiotics (prescription) which all worked so-so, i.e O.K but never really satisfied.

The regimen I'm using is based on products from Avène (for combo-skin) and ByeBye Blemish treats the pimples which are "on their way". Applying it before sleep I see a difference in the morning! I've used Avène for a couple of months now but new pimples keep to pop up so BBB is a really good complement. (Why I'm using Avène although it doesn't take care of the acne is because their products are gentle to your skin.) HOWEVER, I've only used it for a week.

Pros:
+Cheap
+Working
Cons:
-Smells bad

on 2/22/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was going to buy the MB Drying Lotion, but found this instead and I am so glad I did! I had my first ever cystic acne, so I ran to Ulta to pick this up even though I read that it only works/ works best on open white heads. I just needed to try something, anything to help with the cystic acne.

Packaging: It's in a glass bottle and it's getting redundant to say this, but I'll say it anyway: do not shake it! You just dip your q-tip or brush into the pink part and apply it to the problem area. Some are complaining about the packaging, but I honestly can't see how it could have been packaged anyway else.

Scent: It's strong, considering it has 10% sulfur, but it goes away once it dries. I can imagine how it would be a slight problem if you're applying it somewhere under your nose, but it dries fairly quickly so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for long.

Application: If you don't have a high pain tolerance, it might sting like crazy when you first use it, since you have to apply it to an open acne so it can dry it up. It was alright for me since I have a high pain tolerance. Just two seconds of stinging and it went away. You have to apply it at night since it leaves a pink mark and I felt conscious about sleeping and it rubbing away on my pillow, but it stayed on for the most part.

I've read that it didn't work on some people who tried it on a cystic acne, but fortunately it worked for me! It took about three days but who cares? It's gone and I couldn't be happier! I'm hoping I don't have to use this product in the near future because I obviously wouldn't like acne, but I know that if I do, I can just pop this on and it'll disappear! Thanks MUA!

on 2/22/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

For the past few months, I've been trying to get rid of some extremely stubborn whiteheads. I had a couple of small clusters (4 just under my hairline and another 4 just above my left eyebrow, and two small ones on my right cheek) I've tried a variety of acne treatments. First, I tried several different salicylic acid treatments. I tried 1 by Clean and Clear that didn't really do much of anything. Next, I tried a Neutrogenia 2% Benzoil Peroxide solution. Again, didn't really do much of anything. Next, I tried a 10% Benzoil Peroxide solution. It did get rid of a couple of the smaller whiteheads, but it started really irritating my skin. My skin is extremely allergy prone. It wasn't an allergic reaction, but more redness and dryness.

So I was poking around Ulta and saw this product. I had never even heard of it. But I had a $3.50 off coupon, so it cost me less than $6.99. I was pretty skeptical. Especially since I saw that it was a sulfer solution. I was concerned that the smell would be horrible (sulfur usually smells like rotten eggs) I had never even heard of using sulfer for acne. It also sounded odd. I didn't know what to think when I first saw the bottle. There was some clear liquid and a pink solution. There was a strong temptation to shake the bottle. But the directions clearly say not to shake it. I followed the directions. I applied it directly to the whiteheads just before bed and let it dry. I was also concerned that I would look like a weirdo with this on my face. But once it dries, you can barely tell I have it on my face. It dries super fast. I usually put it on right before I go to bed. I brush my teeth in the downstairs bathroom and by the time I go back upstairs, it's already dry. Once it's dry, it doesn't budge. I haven't had any problems whatsover with it rubbing off on my pillow.

I've been using this for the past 5 nights. I noticed a difference after the first use. The longer I use it, the better it works. It has made a noticeable difference in my whiteheads. 3 of the 4 below my hairline have completely disappeared, and the last one is almost gone as well. As for the ones above my eyebrow, they too have shrunk in size and disappearing as well. Same for the one on my cheek. I have no clue how this stuff works, but it definitely does. This stuff is great for whiteheads. As I said before, my skin is extremely allergy prone, but I have had no problems whatsover with this product. I forget I even have it on. It doesn't irritate my skin or make me itch. It is suitable for sensitive skin. If I can use it, anyone can use it. I very rarely get zits, so I can't really say how it will work on that, but on whiteheads, it works great. I can't recommend this product highly enough. It truly is magic.

Popular Treatments (Face)