August 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

Treatments (Face) - Bye-Bye Blemish - Drying Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by qelic

I had mild acne - few pimples on cheeks and temples - and more severe on chin as the pimples there tended to hurt. I've had these problems since several years back and noticed that its partly due to hormones (e.g. before the period) and stress. I've tried cleansers and moisturizers from several brands as well as gels and pills with antibiotics (prescription) which all worked so-so, i.e O.K but never really satisfied.

The regimen I'm using is based on products from Avène (for combo-skin) and ByeBye Blemish treats the pimples which are "on their way". Applying it before sleep I see a difference in the morning! I've used Avène for a couple of months now but new pimples keep to pop up so BBB is a really good complement. (Why I'm using Avène although it doesn't take care of the acne is because their products are gentle to your skin.) HOWEVER, I've only used it for a week.

Pros:
+Cheap
+Working
Cons:
-Smells bad

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by scarlett10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was going to buy the MB Drying Lotion, but found this instead and I am so glad I did! I had my first ever cystic acne, so I ran to Ulta to pick this up even though I read that it only works/ works best on open white heads. I just needed to try something, anything to help with the cystic acne.

Packaging: It's in a glass bottle and it's getting redundant to say this, but I'll say it anyway: do not shake it! You just dip your q-tip or brush into the pink part and apply it to the problem area. Some are complaining about the packaging, but I honestly can't see how it could have been packaged anyway else.

Scent: It's strong, considering it has 10% sulfur, but it goes away once it dries. I can imagine how it would be a slight problem if you're applying it somewhere under your nose, but it dries fairly quickly so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for long.

Application: If you don't have a high pain tolerance, it might sting like crazy when you first use it, since you have to apply it to an open acne so it can dry it up. It was alright for me since I have a high pain tolerance. Just two seconds of stinging and it went away. You have to apply it at night since it leaves a pink mark and I felt conscious about sleeping and it rubbing away on my pillow, but it stayed on for the most part.

I've read that it didn't work on some people who tried it on a cystic acne, but fortunately it worked for me! It took about three days but who cares? It's gone and I couldn't be happier! I'm hoping I don't have to use this product in the near future because I obviously wouldn't like acne, but I know that if I do, I can just pop this on and it'll disappear! Thanks MUA!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

For the past few months, I've been trying to get rid of some extremely stubborn whiteheads. I had a couple of small clusters (4 just under my hairline and another 4 just above my left eyebrow, and two small ones on my right cheek) I've tried a variety of acne treatments. First, I tried several different salicylic acid treatments. I tried 1 by Clean and Clear that didn't really do much of anything. Next, I tried a Neutrogenia 2% Benzoil Peroxide solution. Again, didn't really do much of anything. Next, I tried a 10% Benzoil Peroxide solution. It did get rid of a couple of the smaller whiteheads, but it started really irritating my skin. My skin is extremely allergy prone. It wasn't an allergic reaction, but more redness and dryness.

So I was poking around Ulta and saw this product. I had never even heard of it. But I had a $3.50 off coupon, so it cost me less than $6.99. I was pretty skeptical. Especially since I saw that it was a sulfer solution. I was concerned that the smell would be horrible (sulfur usually smells like rotten eggs) I had never even heard of using sulfer for acne. It also sounded odd. I didn't know what to think when I first saw the bottle. There was some clear liquid and a pink solution. There was a strong temptation to shake the bottle. But the directions clearly say not to shake it. I followed the directions. I applied it directly to the whiteheads just before bed and let it dry. I was also concerned that I would look like a weirdo with this on my face. But once it dries, you can barely tell I have it on my face. It dries super fast. I usually put it on right before I go to bed. I brush my teeth in the downstairs bathroom and by the time I go back upstairs, it's already dry. Once it's dry, it doesn't budge. I haven't had any problems whatsover with it rubbing off on my pillow.

I've been using this for the past 5 nights. I noticed a difference after the first use. The longer I use it, the better it works. It has made a noticeable difference in my whiteheads. 3 of the 4 below my hairline have completely disappeared, and the last one is almost gone as well. As for the ones above my eyebrow, they too have shrunk in size and disappearing as well. Same for the one on my cheek. I have no clue how this stuff works, but it definitely does. This stuff is great for whiteheads. As I said before, my skin is extremely allergy prone, but I have had no problems whatsover with this product. I forget I even have it on. It doesn't irritate my skin or make me itch. It is suitable for sensitive skin. If I can use it, anyone can use it. I very rarely get zits, so I can't really say how it will work on that, but on whiteheads, it works great. I can't recommend this product highly enough. It truly is magic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I like this product. I originally bought the Kate Somerville EradiKate and I went back and forth with it, but I think it was from other things I was using that caused problems. I got this as a cheaper replacement once I decided I liked what it did, and I'm happy so far. :) It's cheaper but exactly the same. I use a small paintbrush that I have specifically for this use instead of a q tip because it's less absorbent and less wasteful. :) I feel like this runs out faster, though. I used both pretty frequently. But I don't find it to be any less effective and since it's so much cheaper and I had a coupon, it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical when I came across this at my local Ulta. it was on sale for 6.99 (regularly 9.99) so I figured I'd give it a shot since it seemed like the MB drying lotion I've heard so much about. I've tried like, literally EVERY acne product and nothing seemed to work on my sore, cystic acne & blemishes so I didn't have high hopes for this. but I was AMAZED at how quickly it worked! I had a veryyyy sore and tender zit right under my nose and I dabbed this stuff on it, went to bed, woke up and it was just a flaky flat spot instead!!! I've never had a product work like this for me. I definitely am a believer now and this is my new HG acne treatment. I seriously cannot get over how AMAZINGGGG this stuff is!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by molotovcocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will never go without this stuff again, it is magic. I've always struggled with stubborn acne, some of it cystic, and I've tried every overnight spot treatment you could think of. People are always singing the praises of using the Proactiv refining mask($20) or the DDF sulfur refining mask($40), and I've tried both with fairly successful results, but nothing this amazing. This can shrink a huge, under the skin pimple overnight, and as for smaller blemishes, they disappear overnight. The formula stays on all night and doesnt rub off, as many spot treatments do, because it is in liquid form. As someone who yas struggled with acne for the last decade, I am never quick to positively review a product and find most acne combating products dissapointing and only mildly effective. This is the only acne treatment I have ever sworn by.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by harmony888

In order for this to really work fast, you have to get rid of any liquid inside your pimple; even if it doesn't come to a head, try to get rid of any puss if possible. Once you apply this it will dry it very quickly.

Prescription vs. Byebye Blemish:

I popped one pimple and used my Rx Differin and Aczone. Pimple stayed pudgy and red even after 3 days.. I popped another pimple 3 days later, used Byebye blemish, and the pimple was flattened, NOT red and dried so fast! By the next day it healed so much faster! What a difference. I tried Byebye on, without popping a pimple and it did absolutely nothing.

If your pimple doesn't come to a head, dab peroxide on it, if it doesn't come to a head, it's hormonal and deep, you can try to use those M3 patches that draws the puss to the surface without breaking skin or leaving scars!! I'd use a stronger salicylic content to shrink stubborn pimples instead of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by obrienm5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome! Just dab some on a pimple before bed or even during the day if you're just going to be around the house. The pimple will shrink considerably overnight and will usually be gone within 3 or 4 days, unless it's really stubborn. My only grip with this is that the alcohol in the bottle runs out way faster than the sulfur. But if you just add some alcohol to the bottle once it gets low, problem fixed! I got mine for free at Ulta because I had some points to redeem, but I believe it was around $11 or $12. I'd say it's worth a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by sheal

This stuff is awesome. Dries my pimples out and fast. If you apply it as soon as you feel a pimple coming on it usually stops the pimple in it's tracks. Bought my bottle at ULTA. It was only like $8. A must try!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is in my occasional zit arsenal, sitting next to the Neutrogena 2% benzoyl cream.
I reach for Bye Bye Blemish when I have the kind of pimple that is deep, sore, and doesn't seem like it will come to a head anytime soon, if ever. The nasty cyst that I'll notice creeping up. I dab this on at night (and during the day, rubbed in well so it's not visible) and by the third night,the spot has begun shrinking and flattening- something it wouldn't do if left alone. The benzoyl peroxide products tend to just make a dry patch on these types of cystic zits but don't shrink them like this stuff does. It is not a miracle and I've never had it make a zit disappear overnight, but it does work, and I always have it in hand.