October 30, 2014 | 1736 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Waterproof XXL

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by WorthlessWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is really the worst mascara I've ever owned. Very uncomfortable to wear and almost impossible to remove. Does not work well with contact lenses either.

It is dry, does not cover well and when I had put it on my lashes they would turn extremely hard. It felt like my lashes were stabbing my waterlines, it hurt so bad. It was a nightmare to get off too. I lost a lot of lashes because of this mascara.

The application was weird. The primer would go on first, but it would dry extremely fast and make your eyelashes white. Then you would apply the second, coloured layer. However the second layer never really fully covered the white primer. Applying several coats of mascara did not work either, because my lashes became even harder and gave me even more pain.
I never even knew there was such a thing as painful eyelashes before I tried this product!

This product is so uncomfortable and bad that it makes me wonder whether they even tested it thoroughly before selling it. Honestly, this mascara should only be sold as a torture device.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this because I was intrigued about using a mascara primer (this was before discovering Christian Dior's primer) and I was getting a hankering to try something new. I also picked this up because there was a slew of Maybelline products on the cheap at Big Lots and, unfortunately, I can rarely resist marked down make up...no matter what the brand.

I tried this a few times before giving up because it is, in a word, terrible. The primer dries super fast (which isn't a bad thing, but you better be quick in applying your mascara) and really didn't add any length that I could see. The mascara itself is just dry city. I've tried some dry mascaras in the past, but this is the definition of dry mascara. As a result, I end up with weird, spider-like crunchy lashes. Not attractive and not at all the look I'm going for.

I thought that perhaps I had gotten a old batch because it was at Big Lots so (like a fool) I went out and got XXL Bold which I paid FULL price for thankyouverymuch and still got the same dry results. That pretty much made up my mind about all Maybelline mascaras - they're not for me no matter how cheap they may be.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Chloeclover

Not the worst but not the best. Definitely holds the curl but smudges like crazy... And it's not waterproof at all after rinsing my eye with water for a few minutes the mascara tends to smudge and the curl disappears. Basically functions as a non waterproof mascara :/

EDIT: But it looks fabulous, just purchased the Etude Dr. Mascara Fixer which makes this smudge-proof.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by edavis27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this mascara. I use a lot of mascara regularly and usually never have problems. Being a huge mascara junkie and wanting to try something new for kicks picked this up. I thought the primer thing was the neatest until I tried it.

First of all, the primer flakes and it gives you those spidery lashes, even in just one coat!! So, after fixing the primer for a good 15 minutes i finally had my lashes how I wanted them and them moved on to the mascara. Bad idea.

I applied it and even though the primer was spare on my lashes and had set for a good 20 minutes, the mascara was mixing with it and making a grey color. not only that it gave me those nasty lashes that look so huge and fake and clumpy and spider like. absolutely the worst!

Save your money, don't buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Charlsmum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got some of this today, $10NZD online. I actually think its pretty damn good. Easy to apply, I had no probs with the primer, I only put on two coats and it has made my lashes longer and thicker (I do have pretty good long eyelashes to start with though). I would say that you need to complete one eye at a time though, to prevent drying too quickly as it seemed that it might get a little tricky to add the extra coats otherwise.

I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this I guess 5 years ago, when I was in the 8th grade, and I hated it so much! I found the formulation was way too dry. I still remember how the actual mascara part didn't correctly conceal the white color of the primer. This stuff is also really hard to take off, and I would lose a lot of lashes as a result. On the bright side, my lashes did look really long, but I can only give this mascara one lippie because who in their right mind wants white lashes?! Not worth a single penny in my book!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jade98765

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this mascara only once so far, so if something changes and I end up disliking it I will edit, but so far its been great. I bought it at Winners for 5 bucks and I would have paid more for the quality. It gives me great length and pretty good volume, and doesn't clump my lashes too bad.

It's not my HG mascara, but its worth a shot.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by AnnabellaBean

Worst waterproof mascara ever!! I bought this for a wedding to last through the heat and potential tears, and I had bad raccoon eyes all night!! I didnt even wear makeup on the bottom lid. The primer was pretty good, but the mascara was awful. I dont even need eye makeup remover to get it off, cuz most of it is on my lower eyelids by the end of the day. Will not buy again. I usually prefer Loreal mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by reneelet

I will always remember this mascara as being way too difficult to remove. I wouldn't be able to reapply it for days because the old stuff was still stuck to my lashes. The results were nothing spectacular, but the two-step process wasn't worth the extra minute it takes to put it on. Other Maybelline mascaras are at least as good, and only take one step.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product was just meh for me. Nothing spectacular. Very hard to wash off even with eye make up remover. If you need it for the waterproof quality then for sure this would be great for you, but every day use is a bit much. This mascara did not hold curl for me nor did it volumize in any way shape or form so it goes up for swap. I tried to like it, but it is a no go for me since I need volume not just length.