March 2, 2015 | 1985 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 9:05:00 AM More reviews by smokingcaramels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

While I don't like the original formulation of their chapstick, this is great. It's so smooth and doesn't dry my lips out. Stays on for awhile, longer than other chapsticks I've used. I really think it helps to heal my chapped lips as opposed to pretty much every other lip balm I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2015 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm on a recommendation from a friend and I am sorry I went ahead and bought it. This lip balm is very waxy (which is what I dislike about EOS) but this lip balm does feel very smooth and creamy on my lips which I like. I really can't stand the smell of this stuff either. It smells like wax and some other camphor-like smell. It wouldn't be too bad if the smell dissipated but it doesn't, it lasts! So I definitely would not repurchase this lip balm but I will try other lip balms from Burt's Bees to see if they're any better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2015 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product at all. I felt that it only gave me temporary gratification, but does not work well long term. This balm takes effort to apply to my lips, the texture of it is thick and not very moisturizing, so I find myself having to really work it in, for my lips to feel moisturized.
I also don't like how at the end of the day, I would find clumps of the balm all over my lips. It doesn't really moisturize, just sits on my lips and clumps a few hours after application.
I also found that after oxidizing, this product has an odd smell. And lastly, it made my lips dryer than they were before, and now my lips are peeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 2:02:00 AM More reviews by mimislamb

Love this. It smells exactly like raw natural honey. Probably my favorite flavor out of all their lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Saskia21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

My go to lip balm.I love this!!
Delicious honey scent,love the waxy almost matte consistency as I hate greasy lip balms that are more of a lip gloss and are rubbed off as soon as you apply(messy and never seem to hydrate the lips),but not this baby it lasts and lasts,and is non greasy enough to be worn under lipstick.
It plumps the lips and is fine for my sensitive skin.Also I like the cute yellow honeycomb style tube packaging,great for popping in the handbag with no mess,lasts a long time too.
Not tested on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Danielle312

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bees is the best lip balm you will ever use... HANDS DOWN!!! It is has all the moisturizing properties you want in a lip balm...moisturizing, non-greasy, non-sticky, ect...with a variety of flavors that you will love. It has the qualities I always wished Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers would have had besides just the flavors. I have been using Burt's for about thirteen years now and swear by it. I have only ever had chapped lips when I ran out of it and did not repurchase after a few days. I have used Carmex, Blistex, and Chapstick in between just to try out a tasty flavor they have...I always end up tossing it and going back to Burt's because that stuff ended up making my lips dry and crack. This Flavor is another gem to that line. It has all the good qualities mentioned above. This has an interesting taste/smell to it. I was expecting a huge sweet honey scent to it, but it smells like an herbal tea that has a lot of honey in it. It is still good and works like a charm, so I would still say to give it a chance and try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2015 3:42:00 AM More reviews by ada18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Rating this product simply on its delivery of moisturizing and softening the lips, 4 stars. It does have a tough grainy texture, however it softened my dry chapped lips and made them pump. It is a very waxy lip balm indeed, no slip or oily texture in this one (I prefer the waxy texture as it clings to your lips). Now, the smell...yes I too was taken aback by it. I was honestly expecting something borderline fragrance-free with a tinge of sweet honey? Nah. Too me this has a sharp almost floral kick alongside a baby powder/slight honey note. The floral note in this one closely resembles lilac IMO. Anyways, good lip balm with an odd scent, and the scent being the only reason I wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 5:43:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love most Burt's Bees products, but this is garbage. The texture is not smooth and it has this foul, sour smell (like vinegar or sweaty feet). It's not good at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by SilvaEgle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Warning: EWW DISGUSTING! I consider myself pretty picky when it comes to lip balms and for a good reason... Another lip product I'll never use. My sister took it. I can't stand this lip balm. The smell, the taste, the texture. The original Burts Bees is the Bee's Knees... But this, just NO. Don't waste your money this ish nasty.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

I've got very very sensitive lips. The smell is blah and my lips got all red and itchy. It took me two weeks to heal them. But I'm VERY sensitive..