The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

on 6/26/2015 7:54:00 AM

I don't use hemp for anything else except for this hand cream!

on 6/14/2015 12:32:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have the worst case of dried cracked fingers. My fingertips split, crack, peel, and ache. I go through more band aids than anyone ever. I've been to the dermatologist who was of no help, I've used every hand cream OTC and nothing, I mean nothing works like The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. I had two deep cracks that were killing me so I googled best hand cream for cracked fingers and this popped up. I decided to take the plunge and after using it a day my cracks were 50% better and by day 3 they were completely gone and my hands aren't even dry and peeling. They are 100% normal! This is nothing short of a miracle for me. It's so great that on day 2 I ordered a travel size because I can't be out of the house without it. I use it twice a day now as a preventative to hopefully stop those cracks from happening. The only con in my opinion is the smell. I'm not a fan of it but it works so well I can overlook it. I can't speak highly enough of this product. It leaves a nice silky layer on your skin that protects.

on 6/1/2015 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Thoroughly moisturising for dry hands, feet, elbows and knees. It can be a greasy at first, especially if you use too much, but absorbs after a minute. I do like the packaging but it pierced while in my bag somehow, so I just keep it on my vanity now. I don't like the smell at all, and it lingers for a long time. The grassy scent is a big shame for me because my big drawing card to hand creams is the prettiest perfumes.

Although it's not the primary function as advertised, I love love love how this heals my calloused feet. I use it once a week on dry areas, more on feet as needed, especially in running season. It runs rings around TBS foot products.
When it first came out over a decade ago it felt much more slippery, so not sure if they've changed the formula over the years. I don't feel the need or benefit in using this on my hands every day over my l'occitane hand creams or TCFS formulas which are similar consistency, smell nicer and are less greasy, but that's not saying you can't use it as frequently and wherever you like :) I'd highly recommended people with dry patches and callouses give this a whirl if you can stand the smell.

on 4/18/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can't say enough good things about this product! It is a awesome thick hand cream that protects and heals even extremely dry and cracking hands. It is also great to moisturize cuticles with. I have knuckles that tend to crack and get extremely dry, which become very painful, but this saved my hands. I don't know why people dislike the smell so much, it's a nice herbal smell that doesn't last long on your hands either.This is the only thing that really worked for my hands, however it's a little expensive, like 20 CAD for a 100ml tube of this stuff but the body shop has a lot of sales which is a good time to stock up. I'm going to keep buying/using this until they discontinue it (I hope that it nevers!)

on 4/16/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is amazing if you have dry, flaky, itchy hands and elbows. My mum has extremely dry hands with some calluses and with continious use of this, it has really improved her hands and her calluses have reduced dramatically. This is great for working hands. Even after you wash your hands it lingers and moisterises.

on 3/23/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This past winter was brutal and I've gone through two other hand creams to get to this one: Neutrogena Norwegian formula something or other and L'Occitane 20% shea butter. Neither were very good at relieving dry skin in a Toronto winter. This stuff absorbs well and the effects last and it's literally green.

The only drawback to this is that cats seem to universally hate the hemp oil smell so they don't appreciate being pet after you apply it. Oh, and TBS is owned by L'Oréal. :'(

on 3/1/2015 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The best hand cream I have ever used. Last winter I needed something heavy duty because my hands broke out in huge red itchy rashes from the cold & dry air so I bought some HHP on a whim. Within a week my hands were back to normal and they haven't broken out since. I use this everyday (I put on a ton before bed) and I rub it into my cuticles and nails which has actually made my nails grow like crazy. I really like the packaging and use a tube squeezer to push everything out so none gets wasted. I actually have an open tube and 3 backups because I love it so much.

on 2/22/2015 2:22:00 PM

It would be moisturizing if I didn't have to throw it in the trash. Oh My God. This stuff smells so disgusting. And the small lasts as long as the lotion. I tried to give it to my husband who has very dry hands hoping the more masculine smell wouldn't bug him so much-I didn't mention the smell to him. After the first wear, he said to throw it away because the smell was just too much.

on 2/17/2015 5:37:00 PM

I have very dry hands especially in the winter. My hands feel like sandpaper and they get a whitish powdery feel, and scales! I can't count the number of cuts I've had because my skin gets so paper thin and crackly. This is the only product that really made a difference! I love the thick cream, which stays on for a long while even after washing. I love the smell--it's more herbal than flowery, more medicinal, which somehow makes me feel it's more of a workhorse as opposed to just being a beauty product. My only beef is the packaging. I'm okay with the tube, but i don't like the little screw top, it's difficult to manage.

on 2/12/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the best hand cream I have ever used! I live in Finland and during winters, my hands get very dry and I often have cracks on them. I bought the Hemp Hand Protector based on the reviews here, and I'm definitely not disappointed. The cream is pretty thick and it takes sometime to absorb, but after absorbing, my hands feel so soft. Hemp also heals bad cracks well, which usually don't heal with normal hand creams. I have even made my boyfriend hooked on this stuff and he's pretty picky about cosmetics.

The only thing that I don't care about that much, is the smell of the product. It reminds me of some kind of medicine cream. However, this hand cream is so moisturizing, so that I can ignore the smell.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products