December 22, 2014 | 1176 users online

Body Scrubs - L'Occitane - Verbena Body Salt Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by mayyami

The granules are too big and harsh. It's not easy to use because I find that it tends of slip off the skin and is very hard to keep on the skin when exfoliating.

It does smell nice though and my skin feels lightly moisturised after.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by redhotpaprika

PROS:
~ Very moisturizing
~ Pleasant refreshing scent
~ Effective at exfoliating

CONS:
~ Salt particles are too big
~ Very strong scent
~ Oily

OTHER THOUGHTS:
Overall I like the scrub because it leaves my skins soft and supple and I don't need to use a moisturizer afterwards. This product is a mix of salt and oil and since salt particles are pretty big and heavy, they tend to fall off the skin when scrubbing. Also though pleasant the scent is very strong and long lasting, I can smell it on my towels and sheets 24 hours after using the scrub that seems to be too much for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by CGE83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely scrub that leaves my skin wonderfully soft, moisturised and smelling beautiful. It's one of the coarser scrubs I've used and is probably best used after you've showered and dried off as the salt will pretty much melt if it comes in contact with water. As such, I do find that it is a bit of a hassle to use this compared to many other exfoliants on the market.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the salt to oil ratio seems to be a bit off as I seem to have half a jar of semi-dry salt left. Also, at AUD$55, this is by far, the most expensive scrub I've purchased. Though I get great results with this scrub, I would not be inclined to repurchase it because of the price and the hassle involved with using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Usagi182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The #1 plus about this product...it has significantly diminished my KERATOSIS PILARIS on the backs of my arms and legs.

Other positives:
- Baby smooth skin
- Great scent
- Will not make you slip and fall! (some scrubs I have used in the past are very oily and made my shower slippery! Eek!)

How I use the product:
- I use somewhere between a teaspoon and tablespoon amount every day
- I apply the first half of the mixture to the backs of my arms (the key is to do this when they are dry) I very gently rub the scrub...do not press hard!
- I apply the other half to the effected areas on my legs...same as arms...on dry skin, very gently
- I hop in the shower and rinse it off
- After my shower, I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by sfeng

I like this scrub. The scent is invigorating and fresh. There is a general amount of salt and you can get your skin baby smooth. I don't even need to lotion after I'm done with this scrub. The oils are enough to moisten the skin. Until I stumble on something else I like, I think this will be my go to body scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like a scrub that you can feel the grit without it being painful, have a mild pleasing scent, and does not have too much oil in it that stays on my skin. Read my other scrubs reviews if you like those things, too. I really love the scent of this - it is refreshing but not overwhelming. This does have a fair amount of oil in it, but for some reason it does not linger on your skin like a film, but leaves your skin soft. The grit in the scrub is pretty mediumish - not too gritty - not to smooth. So I love this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by terryanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A love this product but do not use it as an all over body scrub but rather on problem areas like feet, elbows, whatever. Or maybe I should say I do not use it on delicate areas like breasts and such. Best to use during a long, luxurious bath, as it is not a shower-friendly package (a glass tub).
I also do not use it all the time b/c of the price, however...
The scent, oh, the scent of verbena is like heaven, it transports me!!!
Rub it in wherever you want, lean back, and give the salt time to dissolve. Can leave on or then wash off with a gentle cleanser or just pat dry.
Best if accompanied with a glass of quality chardonnay.
Enjoy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 5:37:00 AM More reviews by nalasambi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised to read the negative comments here.
i uses this salt scrub once a week, I rub it over my dry body and i take a bath for 20 minutes
I love the smell of the salt dissolving in the water and the scrub leaves my skin so soft and clean. I feel like my skin is reborn
I bought the scrub in a L Occitance outlet shop near London for only 11 and the big chunky glass jar (which looks nice to me) will last around 6 months.
Love it and will defintely rebuy, but I fear since it has been shipped to outlet shop that it will be discontinued soon.....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why I haven't had much luck at all with L'Occitane scrubs, seeing what favorable experiences I've had with their other bath and body products. I have never been a fan of salt scrubs in general, prefering sugar polishes instead solely for the reason that the latter are a lot more 'scrubby' and do a more thorough job exfoliating. The salt particles in the Verbena scrub are simply too large to engender any effective exfoliation. They don't seem to do anything except slip off my skin. Secondly, this product is more oil than salt and leaves skin feeling uncomfortably greasy after use. It also tends to leave my shower area a lot more grimy and slippery than other scrubs I've tried. The scent too was disapponting, being more Thai lemongrass soup than lemon-verbena. Sharp and tangy, certainly, but without that citrus sweetness that makes verbena the summery delight that it is. The packaging is beautiful but very impractical. The scrub is contained in a heavy glass jar that while certainly very attractive, is in constant danger of slipping through clumsy fingers and shattering. Which brings me to my final gripe: the price. In Australia, this product retails for 55 AUD, considerably pricier than many scrubs on the market. My verdict? An aesthetically beautiful but imminently useless product. Save your money and give the other items in L'Occitane's Verbena range a go, especially the body lotion and body ice-gel. There are much better scrubs around that do a much better job at exfoliating sans the heavy price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by virginiagirl11

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just tried a Sephora sample of it tonight. Loved the scent, loved how moisturizing it was. The pieces of salt are very large and the scrub did sting on my legs a bit. It was a decent scrub and I felt refreshed and softer afterward. However, it didn't stand out as anything special to me and because of its rather high price, I won't be purchasing it. I'd use a sample again, though.