October 21, 2014 | 2018 users online

Palettes - The Body Shop - Eye and Cheek palette 01Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Vittoriak

Oh, this palette is fab! The shimmery brown colour is really intense, and the golden gray and golden colours are so sexy. Though I will not use the golden pink as blush (if only you want your face to be sparkling), I use it as eyeshadow too. This pink doesn't make my eyes look puffy. Now I really want to buy the green palette too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by fdardiente

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette includes three eyeshadows and one blush. Chocolate is a very rich dark brown with faint gold sparkles. Golden Grey is silvery with a hint of gold shimmer. Gold is more peachy than yellow. The cheek color, Golden Pink, is a very light coral shade.

The eyeshadows are shimmery but appropriate for daytime/work wear. Application is smooth and sheer and stays put for about 3 hours even on my oily eyelids (with a primer, I'm sure it would last much longer.) The blush is a little too sheer for my medium-tan skin, but works well as a highlighter or eyeshadow.

The packaging is sturdy, slim rectangular metal, and very cute. It includes a mirror and a long-stemmed sponge-tip applicator that can easily be replaced with a brush.

I purchased this for only $4 (original price $18.50) as part of their after-Christmas clearance. An absolute steal to the quality and richness of this product. Love love love. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2005 9:32:00 AM More reviews by ovrthemn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to TBS to get the shimmer cubes, but when I saw this palette with the golden cheek blush (so like the NARs Orgasm that I've been dying to try), I had to get this instead. (plus, I think it was only $1-2 more, and much cuter packaging). I must admit that I'm an eyeshadow novice (this is my first "shimmery" powder shadows I've owned!) but they're easy to apply (even for me!) and look really nice. I like the sheerness of the shadows as it kind of just leaves my eye shimmery without showing if I've messed up on my application. :) I wish the blush showed up a little bit more, but I guess I'll have to try out what the reviewer before me suggested, and use it as an eye shadow instead. (I'll keep using it as a blush anyway, as does seem prettier than what I've been using).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by hexuanhui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this palette! Its a body shop limited edition hol'05 palette! There are 3 eyeshadows and 1 cheek colour. The eyeshadow colours are gold, golden grey, chocolate and the cheek colour in golden pink. The cheek colour is more like a highlighter and not a blusher because i can only see the shimmers on my cheek. This cheek colour is my fav in the palette! Golden pink is a shimmery gold colour with rose undertones. It looks great as a wash over my lids or applied over my cheeks! I use the gold eyeshadow as a wash , golden grey in the crease and chocolate to line, brightens up my eyes! The shimmery silver and gold combination in this palette really reminds me of christmas! A must have for all!=)

Description from the body shop website:
Shade 01 Chocolate: Indulge in this rich, seductive brown loaded with warm bronze and golden shimmer. Shade 02 Golden Grey: A sophisticated, muted metallic gold shade, evoking the colors of the setting on a dull day. Shade 03 Gold: A pearlescent gold shade with pretty pink and gold shimmer, evoking the sun's rays on a crisp, cold day. Shade 04 Golden Pink: A delicate pink with glorious, golden shimmer.