Model in a Bottle

2.7

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me just say I'm all about the makeup setting sprays. I have combo/oily acne-prone skin and prefer a full-coverage foundation, but there is nothing more IRRITATING than having your flawless face rub, sweat, and smear off during the day. That being said I have tried many setting sprays (skindinavia, nyx, UD), but this is by far my favorite. This spray feels a bit sticky or hairspray-esque shortly after application, but after a few minutes that feeling disappears and you are left with a natural-looking and natural-feeling face. I wouldn't say this is "matte" as the bottle suggests-- I think it just reinforces the finish of the foundation you have on under it, if that makes sense. This product makes my face (foundation, concealer, blush, contour, highlight, brows, eyeshadow, and even LIPSTICK) last until I choose to take it off AND controls my oily t-zone. The price for this product is very reasonable, but I do have one complaint-- the packaging. Even after reformulating and switching the bottle over to a plastic one instead of the old glass one, this bottle still sprays sooo poorly! I have to spray a couple spritzes out into the air before spraying the product onto my face because the first couple "spritzes" are more like heavy streams of huge droplets that I am afraid will ruin my makeup and make it look spotty. Naturally, this bothers me because I am wasting product because of the bad packaging :( BUT, all other issues aside, I really like the product itself for its makeup-prolonging qualities.

on 3/23/2015 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have really oily skin and I have a hard time with my foundation staying in place. I've tried different primers, toners and nothing helps. I tried Model in a Bottle and I'm not gonna lie I was a little shocked when I first sprayed it on my face. It stung pretty bad and smelled strong. Once that passed I continued getting ready for my day and usually by the time I'm done I'm already very oily, but I was matte and I felt really clean and pretty the rest of the day. I HATE when I first spray it on my face but It's definitely worth it. My skin isn't sensitive or prone to breakouts so I would be careful with this product if you are. I think this is a great solution if you have extremely oily skin. I got a lot of compliments on my makeup :) That's always a plus!

on 7/30/2014 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF! I am a makeup artist with super duper sensitive combo skin (with a touch of psoriasis on my cheeks). I used to have to touch-up my makeup several times a day...NOT ANYMORE! I do my makeup once, spray this stuff on (4 sprays) and I don't think about it for the rest of the day! I no longer have to worry about getting makeup on other peoples clothes when I hug them either! I have given away several bottles of this stuff to friends and they love it too!

2 things:
1) yes, it stings a tiny bit (however, it might be my super sensitive skin), but it's not bad at all!
2) be aware of your surroundings when you spray this...it tends to stick to mirrors, phones, glass, etc. and is hard to get off. It also has a lite hairspray effect when it gets on your hair. It's not bad, though. Honestly.

Try it, you won't be disappointed!

On a side note: I've tried UD de-slick and was disappointed. I also tried the setting sprays from Victoria's Secret and e.l.f. and was no where near as impressed as I am with the Model in a Bottle.

on 12/21/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to like this because it was a gift from my sister but unfortunately I did not. Let me start off with the packaging. It looks cute but when I tried to spray it on my face the nozzle did not "spritz" the product it gushed it out in a straight stream and it sprayed way too much, perhaps a defect so I transferred the product on to a different bottle and it did not set my make up or make it last longer. It also smells like hairspray. Its like I sprayed hair spray on my face...not good. I would not recommend this product

on 8/1/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Ordered on Amazon after seeing a youtuber who liked it. Amazon considers this "hazardous" which I think is just for shipping purposes or something, but still scares me. I have used Urban Decay's all nighter and De-Slick and was hoping this would be better as I think the UD's break me out. I used the spray about three times and each time was not good. It did nothing. Did not create a matte finish and stung. Yuck.

on 6/18/2013 11:53:00 PM

I ordered this on Amazon after hearing great reviews on it, not to mention the cute bottle it comes in, I was sold. I was so excited to try it out. I wanted to love it SO badly, but besides the fact that is burned my eyes SO badly, it really did nothing for me. Obviously I closed my eyes and sprayed very minimally, waited a few seconds before opening my eyes and it just completely burned so bad. Maybe it's just my skin but I ended up giving it to my sister and it seemed fine for her.

on 6/13/2013 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this setting spray in the matte finish a while back. When I sprayed it the irritation it brought to my skin was ridiculous. I felt stingy and dry. I get that it's supposed to make me oil-free, but the fact that my skin felt tight was not right. (I rhyme on the daily) I get that this is supposed to be an alternative for higher brands, but I rather just dish out the money for a more expensive one.

on 3/30/2013 1:40:00 PM

I wanted to love Model in a Bottle so much. SO MUCH. I ordered it from Amazon, and the screw-top was busted so I only received about half of a bottle. The package was so sticky and smelled to the high heavens of this product, ick! It reminded me of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume. Anyway, I ended up pouring the remaining half of the bottle into a dollar-store travel spray bottle. I never used the glass bottle and its nozzle since the bottle was so sticky. I've heard that Model in a Bottle is similar to unscented aerosol hairspray... which I supposed makes up for its kind of tacky texture. It didn't smell as bad when I let it sit for a few days and finally decided to use it. I used it yesterday when I decided to put this product to the test on a mini shopping trip. I left at 12:30pm and came home five hours later. My face looked pretty flawless after the first hour. However, no sooner after the first hour did my face start getting the shinies, even though Model in the Bottle claims to be a mattifier! I was so mad, since everyone claims this product to be an all-day miracle and I left my blotting sheets and powders behind after putting my trust into this stuff. So, for the remainder of my trip, I looked horrible. I tried blending the make-up in, but the product is sticky and holds the make-up in place to the point where my streaky foundation did NOT budge. It looked like my make-up was almost bleeding. I wasn't sweating nor did I get wet. So, needless to say, I am super disappointed after spending a good $15 on this stuff.

Love! This stuff works. I spray a few pumps after I apply my makeup before I apply mascara. My makeup lasts and lasts until I wash it off in the evening. No touchups! Blot maybe once in the mid afternoon. I've had no problems with the pump. Sprays a fine mist that covers my whole face. Took one lippie off for smell and it does burn the eyes a bit. Just keep them closed for about thirty seconds after spraying and you'll be fine. I choose to apply mascara after since I have a tendency to not have patience and not let my mascara dry properly.

on 2/4/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I AM IN LOVE! I ordered this online from the model in a bottle website and was disappointed when it arrived in the mail. The bottle would not spray....I looked at it closer and the tube that sucks up the product had a hole in it. Not impressed, but not a big deal. I just went to the dollar store and picked up a new spray bottle.
The product itself is honestly AMAZING. I have gotten compliments on how my makeup looks after a long day at school, when usually even with a primer and foundation it was melted off by the end.
I have SUPER oily skin in some spots, and dry patches in other areas, this product keeps me shine free ALL DAY, and believe me I've tried everything and this is the only one that works!
PROS:
Keeps your makeup lasting ALL DAY!
Drys quickly
Doesn't leave your face feeling heavy or sticky
Does not dry out face
Controls oil like no other product
CONS:
Burns a little bit when you first spray
Smells strong at first but fades quickly

I would recommend this product 110%