April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Model in a Bottle

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this because it was a gift from my sister but unfortunately I did not. Let me start off with the packaging. It looks cute but when I tried to spray it on my face the nozzle did not "spritz" the product it gushed it out in a straight stream and it sprayed way too much, perhaps a defect so I transferred the product on to a different bottle and it did not set my make up or make it last longer. It also smells like hairspray. Its like I sprayed hair spray on my face...not good. I would not recommend this product

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ordered on Amazon after seeing a youtuber who liked it. Amazon considers this "hazardous" which I think is just for shipping purposes or something, but still scares me. I have used Urban Decay's all nighter and De-Slick and was hoping this would be better as I think the UD's break me out. I used the spray about three times and each time was not good. It did nothing. Did not create a matte finish and stung. Yuck.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by alixloring

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ordered this on Amazon after hearing great reviews on it, not to mention the cute bottle it comes in, I was sold. I was so excited to try it out. I wanted to love it SO badly, but besides the fact that is burned my eyes SO badly, it really did nothing for me. Obviously I closed my eyes and sprayed very minimally, waited a few seconds before opening my eyes and it just completely burned so bad. Maybe it's just my skin but I ended up giving it to my sister and it seemed fine for her.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Nancyazc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this setting spray in the matte finish a while back. When I sprayed it the irritation it brought to my skin was ridiculous. I felt stingy and dry. I get that it's supposed to make me oil-free, but the fact that my skin felt tight was not right. (I rhyme on the daily) I get that this is supposed to be an alternative for higher brands, but I rather just dish out the money for a more expensive one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

I wanted to love Model in a Bottle so much. SO MUCH. I ordered it from Amazon, and the screw-top was busted so I only received about half of a bottle. The package was so sticky and smelled to the high heavens of this product, ick! It reminded me of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume. Anyway, I ended up pouring the remaining half of the bottle into a dollar-store travel spray bottle. I never used the glass bottle and its nozzle since the bottle was so sticky. I've heard that Model in a Bottle is similar to unscented aerosol hairspray... which I supposed makes up for its kind of tacky texture. It didn't smell as bad when I let it sit for a few days and finally decided to use it. I used it yesterday when I decided to put this product to the test on a mini shopping trip. I left at 12:30pm and came home five hours later. My face looked pretty flawless after the first hour. However, no sooner after the first hour did my face start getting the shinies, even though Model in the Bottle claims to be a mattifier! I was so mad, since everyone claims this product to be an all-day miracle and I left my blotting sheets and powders behind after putting my trust into this stuff. So, for the remainder of my trip, I looked horrible. I tried blending the make-up in, but the product is sticky and holds the make-up in place to the point where my streaky foundation did NOT budge. It looked like my make-up was almost bleeding. I wasn't sweating nor did I get wet. So, needless to say, I am super disappointed after spending a good $15 on this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Love! This stuff works. I spray a few pumps after I apply my makeup before I apply mascara. My makeup lasts and lasts until I wash it off in the evening. No touchups! Blot maybe once in the mid afternoon. I've had no problems with the pump. Sprays a fine mist that covers my whole face. Took one lippie off for smell and it does burn the eyes a bit. Just keep them closed for about thirty seconds after spraying and you'll be fine. I choose to apply mascara after since I have a tendency to not have patience and not let my mascara dry properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

I AM IN LOVE! I ordered this online from the model in a bottle website and was disappointed when it arrived in the mail. The bottle would not spray....I looked at it closer and the tube that sucks up the product had a hole in it. Not impressed, but not a big deal. I just went to the dollar store and picked up a new spray bottle.
The product itself is honestly AMAZING. I have gotten compliments on how my makeup looks after a long day at school, when usually even with a primer and foundation it was melted off by the end.
I have SUPER oily skin in some spots, and dry patches in other areas, this product keeps me shine free ALL DAY, and believe me I've tried everything and this is the only one that works!
PROS:
Keeps your makeup lasting ALL DAY!
Drys quickly
Doesn't leave your face feeling heavy or sticky
Does not dry out face
Controls oil like no other product
CONS:
Burns a little bit when you first spray
Smells strong at first but fades quickly

I would recommend this product 110%

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by melissa1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

These comments are really wrong! The only reason the product isn't spraying properly is because you aren't pressing down completely and without hesitation. If you hesitate when spraying, it comes out kind of like a squirt gun. But, if you spray it quckly all the way it sprays like a mist and sets your makeup perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by sarahslowman

I bought this to try out before my wedding in September (yes, it's still several months away, but what can I say? I'm a planner). I've only used it a couple of times and I've noticed a significant difference in how long my makeup stays. I still have to use oil absorbing sheets in my t-zone towards the middle of the day, but the overall look of my foundation and blush looked great, and it's GREAT for eye makeup. Two things I've noticed in the other reviews that might be helpful:
- I found Model in a Bottle on Amazon for $11. That's the price of a good bottle of hairspray, so it's worth trying out. I think I even got free shipping thrown in...
- Get someone else to spray it on your face. I've done it myself several times and I feels a little heavy on my face; I had a friend in town to go to a St. Paddy's Day parade and she sprayed it on my face and it felt much better and my makeup stayed put all day--- and outside in a parade in the deep south-- that's saying something... Just be sure to keep your eyes closed until it feels dry on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by discoredhd

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm shocked to find such poor reviews of this product. I love it. You have to make sure to spray pretty far away from your face so it doesn't get sticky....but I've noticed that it works better than Urban Decay's. It makes my makeup last all day. I'm a fan. I do have sensitive skin and haven't noticed any problems, been using it about a month.