October 1, 2014 | 1814 users online

Top/Base Coats - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last Quick Dry-Ultra Gloss Top Coat

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by prettycherish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this top coat pretty much exclusively. First of all, it is cheap (less than $2) and secondly, it really makes my nail polish last. Of course, you must let your color dry completely and then add the top coat. Once that is applied, it dries quite fast, which is good for me since I tend to do my nails really late at night for whatever reason.

I have also used this to place gems and glitter on my nails, since I do them exclusively. It works great for placing gems and when putting it over them, they do not dull in their shine.

I love this stuff. I use my hands a lot, whether it's at school with gloves (dissections) or the dishes (no dish-washer) and my nails can last anywhere from 7 to 10 days, no joke. My toenails can last 2-3 weeks, excluding growth.

Another top coat I have is the Sally Hansen Hard Nails, and honestly, this wet-and-wild performs much better even though it is cheaper!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stock up on this while its on sale not because it is expensive but because I use this obsessively. Its the perfect top coat. I hate spending 9 dollars on an OPI or other brand for clear polish. This dries relatively fast and it dries hard. I have zero tolerance for a gummy or sticky finish. In order to avoid dragging you must apply with a heavy hand. I know it will seem like a lot and you'd be scared that it won't properly dry but it does. Its pretty shiny but not the shiniest. It helps prolong my mani/pedis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

I got this from drugstore.com for $1.99 mainly because I needed that much more in my cart to get free shipping on some OPI polishes, and I'm so glad I did. It makes my mani last longer and dries very quickly. You can't beat the price either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm very impressed with this little topcoat! Let me tell you why.

The price is great, of course. It does dry fairly quickly. It's dry to the touch after 5 minutes, and completely dry in just a little over half an hour, I think. Maybe 40 minutes, tops. I usually do my nails before bed, and I was able to sleep and not wake up to any sheet marks. The finish is nice and shiny, could possibly be a *little* shinier, but maybe that's just me. ^_^

It *does* color drag on most polishes, at least, most of the ones I own. I found that the trick to avoiding this, however, is to coat pretty thickly. Don't be afraid of having too much on the brush. Too little and you'll start color dragging. It does self-level quite nicely. I thought I had a huge glob on one nail one time and it flattened out on its own as it dried and was perfect. I also had a small dent in the polish once, then used this tc, and was surprised that I couldn't find the dent the next day. It smoothed the dent out by itself. Nice!

The cons are that it does do the 'tip-pulling' thing that everyone talks about, and it doesn't seem to prolong manis much. I've usually got chipping within 24 hours. The shinyness seems to dull pretty quickly, too.

I honestly think this stuff is just as good as more expensive ds topcoats, like Sally Hansen and such. If you're on a budget, give this little gal a try, you might just like her! And if you don't, it's not that big of a hit in the wallet. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by colourfulapple

- Gives my nail a nice glossy finish.
- Keeps the color from chipping.
- Cheap

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lilaznm0nkey

This top coat does "drag" the nail polish. Since it drags the nail polish, I usually use this as a touch up kind of top coat or I put a clear over my nailpolish, then this top coat. It works AMAZING. Dries very quickly, very very nice price and is very shiny! consdier checking it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by JadedRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color me pleasantly surprised! I love that it's quick dry, and it adds an incredible shine to manis/pedis. The first time I used it one of my classmates asked if I had just gotten my toes done! Wear is decent -- you could probably squeeze 5 days out of it without major chipping, though tip wear would definitely be showing by then. I'm definitely going to grab more of this in case WnW discontinues it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lilsuelaine

I adore this topcoat! it dries quickly, and depending on the polish i use my mani can last up 3 days virtually chip free. and i'm an artist so i use my hands all the time. for the price, this topcoat is unbeatable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! I always do my own mani/pedi's & I haven't used a top coat in awhile (because I use OPI & Essie & they stay on pretty long) but I have been wanting more of a shine to my manicures & this is perfect!! My nailpolish hasn't chipped in over 3 days (that's long for me) & they are still super shiny! Super cheap, go get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by HereKittyKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after a friend recommended it, and I was very surprised. I am a Seche Vite and expensive polish kind of girl, so sometimes I look down on drugstore polishes. This top coat really exceeded my expectations. It is very shiny, and dries almost as quickly as Seche. I would say that it is more likely to show scratches, but for $1.99 I could buy a new bottle and just use a coat everyday. So far it's been really thin (I'm about halfway through the bottle) and the brush is really long and I feel like I will be able to use more of this than my Seche Vite.

Overall: A cheap alternative to Seche Vite for those who are on a budget.