July 31, 2014 | 1979 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Colour in Rouge Coromandel #473

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So many bright/warm reds look a little flat, and somehow, a little tawdry to me. This beautiful cool orange red (I don't think it's a true warm color; it wouldn't look nearly so flattering on my "crab claws.") has invisible golden-yellow shimmer tha keeps the color from being totally flat and it's absolutely beautiful, retro and modern at the same time. It might even have dethroned RBL's Chinoise as my favorite bright red. One coat of this is good, two is ka-pow! Removal is a bit of a beast - orange seemed to be all over my finger tips immediately.

Usually Chanel chips on me within one day. I'm not sure if this color is better somehow, or if the Revlon Colorstay base coat actually worked this well, but I only got tip wear after five days. Outstanding. If I ever run out, I will re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by crisup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! This is my favorite red. It's a red with a warm undertone. I always buy it again when it finish. The quality is excellent, it is opaque and has a good life. The color is very intense. Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I love true red polishes and blue based reds, they do not work for my skintone (neutral to yellow NC25-30). This shade is the pefect orange toned red. I do not like glitter polishes, and I am not a big fan of polishes with shimmer, either. This polish has a fine gold micro-shimmer that is not noticable unless looking at it under light (it is much more shimmery in the bottle than when applied). I always wear a top coat, however, this polish is gorgeous without a top coat as it dries to a semi-gloss finish. Wear time is not the greatest (which I have found is the case with all Chanel polishes that I have tried). There is slight wear to the tips (especially without a top coat) within one to two days, and noticable chips within three. The shade is worth it, though, and I have not found any other orange based reds that compare. People have said that this is a coral shade. It is not coral. It is a lovely orange based red. Unique, classy, and elegant. I have yet to find a "dupe" for it. Love it ♥

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG nail polish shades. It is the perfect red with a slight orange cast and subtle shimmer. I love it as a pedicure. My only problem is that Chanel polishes do not have great quality. I definitely think OPI makes far superior polishes. It is just I haven't yet found a clone of this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I was walking by the Chanel store on payday, and decided I deserved a treat, so I bought this nail polish. I was feeling kind of bad about spending $30 on nail polish, until I tried it! This is a great product.
I usually only put colored polish on my toes, and clear on my fingernails, because I have trouble making colored polist look neat enough on my fingernails. But I was just in the mood for red fingernails, so I decided to give it a try. I was surprised at how smoothly it went on! My nails actually came out quite well! Love the color, too!
From now on, it's only Chanel polish for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by nudibelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

orange based red..very bright very vibrant..the bottle shows a shimmer but u dont see it on ur nails.. great color for a pedicure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by lolita80

Very beautiful orange-red polish. The sahde exists both as a lip colour (laque) and as a nail polish. I own the latter. Was looking for a non-cool, non-bluish tint of red for a while, cause most reds do turn blue\cool in some lights. This one never does. The quality is great, big3-free, staying power is good and I need just one coat (though two is even better) - it`s so creamy and fabulous.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color is beautiful...a red creme with a hint of garnet. It's similar to Essie's Garnet. However, the wear is not that great on me. For the price, I expect a better performance. I give the color a 4, but the performance and price make it a 2 lippie product for me. Swapped this one away. China Glaze, OPI, and Essie all perform as well or better for a much more reasonable price.