October 22, 2014 | 1154 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Dove - Dove Nourishing Hand Cream 24hr Nutri-Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this one for years now. Even when there was the night cream of this version I used it. My hands are very dry (due to my job) and this is the only one that keeps them hydrated and soft. I use it 3 times a day. I love the texture, it's rich but absorbs quickly. The scent is the pure Dove scent which I adore! It's a pitty that they discontinued the night hand cream...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

I don't like this hand cream at all. At first it worked great. It moisturized and did its job. As I started using it more frequently it actually started to dry my hands out. At first I didn't know what was happening but I realized it was this cream because when I put it on, it absorbed well but it dried my hands out in a matter of minutes, needing to be reapplied. Needless to say, I won't be buying this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I bought this on sale about a week ago. I can't honestly say I needed a handcream but I was in a "girly" mood and was buying a lipstick and moisturiser, so just sort of snuck this in as well because it was cheap.

Firstly, the good - absorbs quickly and doesn't have too strong a pong.
The bad - this really doesn't seem to moisturiser my hands, in fact it makes them look drier. On paper the ingredients look fantastic, but in practice it really does make the skin on the back of my hands look as if all the moisture hsa been sucked out, and I have no idea why.
Oh well, such is life. It was less than the price of a cup of coffee and I'm bound to find someone who likes it that I can pass it on to.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by prettyinhotpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is OK. I actually like the strong scent which is odd since usually I hate perfumed lotions. I like to buy unscented but I rather enjoy this floralish/clean scent. It doesn't smell like drug store lotion scent, if I didn't know better I would think it was a legitimate perfume's accompanying lotion for hands.
Why only 2 lipsticks? It absorbs qucikly but does not moisturize well at all. My skin is dry all over and once wet, my hands as they dry get tight if I don't put lotion on immediately. I literally have to apply at times another lotion after using this lotion b/c my palms/top of hand feel like all the moisture has been sucked out of them. This is a horrible lotion.
I much prefer Vaseline Intensive Care or Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion which I often use for by body but absorbs easily w/ no greasy feel so it's there and it can be used on hands.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised that this hand cream doesn't have the usual Dove fragrance to it. This "cream" (I think it is more like a lotion) has a clean, long-lasting fragrance that may be overwhelming to some, but is starting to grow on me. This cream absorbs almost instantly, and leaves my hands soft and happy. When I use L'Occitane at night, and this during the day, my hands stay soft and supple, even my cuticles look great! Would definitely repurchase since this is one of the best hand creams I have used! UPDATE: 6/9/07 - Took 2 lippies off. This is just not as moisturizing as I first thought, even in the humid Missouri weather I live in. This is a nice cream for a standby, but I have other favorites out there that I will definitely reach for before this one. (philosophy, l'occitane, etc.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I was going through my L'Occitane to quickly at work. It is a good work lotion - it dries quickly and it is not greasy at all. However, it took a couple of applications to get it work well, and the effect washed right off with the first wash. I'll probably keep it at my desk, as it works for what I need it to. I will agree it is not a cream, but a lotion. Classic Dove scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have heard a lot of comments on Dove products lately, and I really love the campaign for real beauty idea, so I decided to support Dove and give it a try. I'm soooo glad I picked this hand cream out of a million in the drug store. This is absolutely the best and I mean the BEST hand cream I have ever tried! It dries quickly, smells good, and the best of all it makes your hand so smooth and soft!!! I can't stop touching my hands, I know it's weird but I just can't stop. And my nails and cuticles definitely got stronger and better. I will keep buying this product, also recommend it to everyone out there who's looking for a perfect hand lotion for the winter. Overall-two words, JUST PERFECT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

very nice handcream : ) nourishes and dries quickly--which is what i look for most in handcreams.

*Update:* i've recently received more Crabtree & Evelyn handcreams as a gift and i've decided to switch back to C&E. It's just no comparison for the scent, etc. To those wanting to buy this handcream, make sure you can take the smell first.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2005 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It makes your cuticles look perfect and I have yet to find a hand lotion that was able to do that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 11:29:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A new product from Dove with excellent ingredients. Contains glycerin, sweet almond oil, linoleic acid, ceramides 1, 2 & 3; panthenol, vitamin A & E, and the antioxidants green tea and grape seed extract. It goes on with a greasy feel but absorbs in nicely. For Dove, it is a mild to med scent but still too strong for me. I will keep using it because it makes my hands, feet and yes, my neck, soft and moisturized. I paid $3.99 for 2.5 oz.