Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Alkyl Polyglycoside, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 3 Distearate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride

Been using this with my Clarisonic for over a year now. Great basic cleanser, great price. No need to buy higher end product. This is thorough and leaves skin balanced.

so i tried this and found out that ingredients that starts with coco- break me out.ive learned that they are derived from the fatty acids of coconut oil and i think anything that is coconut oil related just never fails to break me out. this face wash contains those ingredients and in a matter of 12 hours gave me 3 cystic pimples and i just couldnt believe it having based it on the positive reviews.

pros: affordable
cons: breaks me out in a matter of hours.

i ask myself why i always try to change my routine when i no longer have acne problem, so it was a mistake to try this one when the cetaphil cleanser and mandelic acid toner from muac are all i need to be a hundred percent clear.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of the best cleansers I have ever tried. I just wish Canada would start carrying this line again. I try to stock up when I travel to the U.S, but it has been difficult to find lately. I only use this cleanser at night to remove anything the Clinique TTDO has not removed so 1 bottle lasted over a year for me. I also like that this does not make my face feel dry or tight after cleansing and removes any last trace of makeup left along my hairline.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've actually gone through a bottle of this 2-3 years ago and never got around to writing about it, so here goes...

I think it's actually better that I'm writing now, after using a much more expensive ($28) Boscia face wash that was basically the same (except Boscia tests on animals and AH doesn't--I didn't know that) I'm ready to switch back, since AH is still king, after reading reviews on Ulta, Sephora, and Amazon.

They're both super-basic face washes. No unnecessary bells or whistles that probably won't work anyway... salicylic acid, AHA, retinol and/or whatever else they put in the face wash (according to Paula Beugon) won't have contact on your face long enough to have an effect, which I agree with.

Something that was a perk though, was the fact that the face wash is gentle enough to remove eye makeup. It's written right there on the bottle. The money I saved when I still used this!

Excellent cleanser. Removes makeup, sunscreen, and does not dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. Staple in my routine, will continue to repurchase and recommend to others. Doesnt irritate or cause redness, no tightness, and preps skin for serums and lotion. My skin is soft and supple every morning and evening.

Tip: I use the Burts Bees Royal Jelly Cleanser to clean my makeup first!

The first time I used this my face felt SO smooth afterwards. It's great if you need to remove stubborn make up - doesn't sting your eyes at all and takes everything off with ease.

However as a daily face wash it's not strong enough for me. I don't have acne but I do have stubborn blackheads which this doesn't clear. I like to have it to take my make up off but need something with a deeper cleanse as a daily face wash.

I might try it again as a night wash and see how that works.

I used to like this cleanser in my early 20s, but I tried using it again recently and it does nothing but irritate and dry my skin. After a few uses I start to break out terribly. Perhaps my skin is more sensitive now than it used to be, either way I would not recommend this cleanser as anything more than a brush cleaner.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I'm on my third bottle of this and I love it. I wash my face with it while I'm in the shower and it makes my skin very smooth and soft without drying me out or being harsh at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am trying out Alpha Hydroxy products recently. This was the second product I purchased from their line. My first was a 10% aha facial lotion. It didn't cause any breakouts and helped to minimize the look of blackheads on my nose and cheeks. I wad impressed enough to then buy this facial cleanser after that had purchased another cleanser that worked, but felt harsh.

This facial wash ia gentle and cleans well. It doesn't irritate my eyes. It doesn't get super foaming, but I don't really require my cleansers to lather and foam. I just require that they remove makeup. This one does that. It also pairs nicely with the AHA lotion at night and my Kaolin/glycerin day lotion.

Overall, I am impressed with this product. I will continue to try out products from this line. I don't know why it took me so long to try Alpha Hydroxy, but I am so glad I did!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

PROS: Cleans everything off. Doesn't dry me out or over moisturize me.

CONS: Doesn't work the best with Clarisonic. Need to pause a lot to foam it back up, otherwise it loses substance.

OTHER: It smells exactly like pHisoderm, another pH balanced cleanser. Maybe they use similar balancing ingredients. The one I'm reviewing has alkyl polyglycoside, though the official site says it should include Decyl Polyglucoside. They must have reformulated it. I will try the newer one in time.

OVERALL: I'd buy it again. It's a good cleanser, I can't find much fault with it.