Almay Wake Up Call concealer

2.5

on 1/14/2015 12:44:00 PM

I've been using this product for a couple years now and have finally decided not to buy it anymore. The plastic container always breaks causing a hole and the concealer comes out of the side. This happens every time I buy it but I continued to use it because it was cheap. I've upgraded today to something better after researching online. I got the Sephora brand under eye concealer. It's $7 more but definitely worth it!

There are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. After 3 attempts, I give up.

I purchased the medium shade, because it looked the most peach, and a slight peach tone is usually best for me personally when correcting my dark circles. The colors look deceiving in the tube and store lighting. Upon application, using a tiny amount, it was so orange. Like, oompah loompa, fake bake tan orange. I cannot see this color looking good on anyone. Unless this was a bad tube?? Bizarre Went in the trash.

My sister had the light version and she seems to like this product, so I tried hers. We both have darker hair and light skin so I thought this might just work. It was a tad too light and cool toned for me and dried looking slightly yellowish and ashy so it just made my undereye look worse. I applied foundation over it and you could still tell it didn't cover anything nor did it blend with my slightly warmer complexion. Washed it off. If you have a cool toned, fair complexion with only slight under eye issues, this might be an option.

Went to Walgreens, decided to pick up the light/med shade. Ok, much better color wise Unfortunately, the product is not thick or pigmented enough to cover or correct as well as the Pixie corrector, or the Laura Mercier and Bobbie Brown stuff. Also, after 2 hours or so, I noticed it dries/oxidizes darker and settles into little lines, make it look worse. You would think it wouldn't do that since it's a light, liquid formula. Disappointing. This was the best color match but it did not wear well at all.

You might be asking "why did she keep trying this?!" well, my sister really liked it and I liked the idea of the pen style applicator. I currently use the Pixie jar from Target and it does work well but it's not quick and easy nor is it moisturizing at all. I really was looking for an everyday, on the go concealer. Typically, I enjoy Almay products but this one was a dud.

on 8/7/2013 1:40:00 PM

FIRST OF ALL, the only reason why I said I would not buy again is because I rarely buy products twice. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice product and covers undereye circles. However I just feel that it dries under the eyes, ad that is sooooooo unacctractive. It makes me look tired and old so you MUST apply a a lot of moisturizer/primer before you apply the product. And do not put powder over it.

on 2/7/2007 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this concealer very much. I'm used to stick or pot concealers, so I was surprised to see this working. I dab it on the red spots around my nose and mouth and occasionally on the outer corners and underneath my eyes...You just need a tiny bit so a tube lasts forever.

on 4/8/2006 1:45:00 PM

At first I was unsure about the coloring because it is a little yellow, but I've found that if I blend a miniscule bit of foundation over it, it works beautifully. I have very dark undereye circles and while I admit this product does not make them go away completely, it does lighten them quite a bit. I also use on blemishes occasionally, and I find it does the same. I suggest trying all products by buying them at Rite Aid first because if you don't like it, you can return it (keep the packaging and the receipt). Good luck!

on 2/13/2006 9:21:00 PM

this stuff is just okay. It doesn't blend great for me, but it is good enough that I will use it until it runs out. Not a HG. I think the wake-up claim is a bunch of B.S. though.

on 1/17/2006 1:27:00 AM

I always get tempted by drugstore concealers. This was cheap, but a waste of money. The yellow tone was a little too much and somehow made my eyes look smaller. I tend to have dark circles and I think it made the skin under my eyes look grey. I *looked* like I had concealer on which isn't a good thing. I had no problems with stinging or anything like that. I wear contacts so I'm pretty sensitive about stuff going past my lashes. Maybe the shade is okay for others, but not for me.

on 1/12/2006 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Average, I really cannot say more than that. On the plus side this concealer does contain and adequate SPF 15 but I find the palest color too yellow for my skin tone and it feels very heavy and thick to apply and sure enough by the end of the day this does have a tendency to cake around the eye area. There are far superior concealers out there.

on 11/30/2005 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It stings my eyes like crazy! Seriously, my eyes water so much that it washes away anyways, along with the rest of my eye makeup. The colors are all a bit yellow, which annoys me -- cool-complected people do exist! Supposedly yellow concealers help conceal purple circles, like grean concealers help conceal red blemishes, etc etc -- imo that's a load of crap. They need to start making concealers that come in skinlike shades rather than these weird hues of yellow, because in my experience it always looks best to have one that matches you.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Decent colors, except these are sort of runny concealers. They aren't as matte as I like. I wouldn't buy again.

Top Rated Almay Products