April 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Concealers - Almay - Wake Up Call concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by graciem4298

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

FIRST OF ALL, the only reason why I said I would not buy again is because I rarely buy products twice. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice product and covers undereye circles. However I just feel that it dries under the eyes, ad that is sooooooo unacctractive. It makes me look tired and old so you MUST apply a a lot of moisturizer/primer before you apply the product. And do not put powder over it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this concealer very much. I'm used to stick or pot concealers, so I was surprised to see this working. I dab it on the red spots around my nose and mouth and occasionally on the outer corners and underneath my eyes...You just need a tiny bit so a tube lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jnunes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I was unsure about the coloring because it is a little yellow, but I've found that if I blend a miniscule bit of foundation over it, it works beautifully. I have very dark undereye circles and while I admit this product does not make them go away completely, it does lighten them quite a bit. I also use on blemishes occasionally, and I find it does the same. I suggest trying all products by buying them at Rite Aid first because if you don't like it, you can return it (keep the packaging and the receipt). Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2006 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mlagirl

this stuff is just okay. It doesn't blend great for me, but it is good enough that I will use it until it runs out. Not a HG. I think the wake-up claim is a bunch of B.S. though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mariska

I always get tempted by drugstore concealers. This was cheap, but a waste of money. The yellow tone was a little too much and somehow made my eyes look smaller. I tend to have dark circles and I think it made the skin under my eyes look grey. I *looked* like I had concealer on which isn't a good thing. I had no problems with stinging or anything like that. I wear contacts so I'm pretty sensitive about stuff going past my lashes. Maybe the shade is okay for others, but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2006 5:10:00 PM More reviews by gillian1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Average, I really cannot say more than that. On the plus side this concealer does contain and adequate SPF 15 but I find the palest color too yellow for my skin tone and it feels very heavy and thick to apply and sure enough by the end of the day this does have a tendency to cake around the eye area. There are far superior concealers out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by awful_cherry

It stings my eyes like crazy! Seriously, my eyes water so much that it washes away anyways, along with the rest of my eye makeup. The colors are all a bit yellow, which annoys me -- cool-complected people do exist! Supposedly yellow concealers help conceal purple circles, like grean concealers help conceal red blemishes, etc etc -- imo that's a load of crap. They need to start making concealers that come in skinlike shades rather than these weird hues of yellow, because in my experience it always looks best to have one that matches you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Decent colors, except these are sort of runny concealers. They aren't as matte as I like. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

Don't even waste your money and your time!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by billnye

This is the BEST concealer I have ever used and I have tried them ALL!!!!!!!
Let me clarify- this is the ONLY concealer that I can actually use all over the face that won't break me out. It is fluid and yellow based and I love every bit of it. I will scream if they discontinue this.