October 25, 2014 | 1107 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - No7 Advanced Hydration

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by jet00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This use to be my favorite face cream for years, but since it was given a different packaging etc it has never been the same again?
The cream has totally changed, its like some of the key ingredients were taken out, it now feels awful on my skin and just tends to sit on the surface.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by misscookie

I have a dry skin and I love this cream!! However, it is discontinued....I am so sad about it...anyone has dry skin and knows similar product like this?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Basilic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I actually really like this cream, it totally saved my skin this winter. The product itself is very good and I guess I got used to the scent, though I still think the glass jar isn't the most practical or hygienic packaging.

The Advanced Hydration night cream is nicely thick and rich without being greasy and has a lovely smoothing effect. It sinks in well and leave skin smooth, plump and soft. However, I find the scent rather strong - it reminds a little of ck1! - and I find it irritates ever so slightly. It does a pretty good job of hydrating and in the morning my skin feels good but I'm not sure it's worth £16. The packaging is not really to my tastes either. Overall, I'll probably try something else next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good night lotion. It is kind of watery not a cream though. Not greasy and make skin soft and smooth. It is one of those skin lotions that I always go back when I have skin problems. I only use this one in the fall and winter

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I used this for a while and it did soften and hydrate my extremely dry skin.
Then it stopped working as well, and so I started using vaseline at night, but found out that vaseline doesn't really hydrate, it just creates a barrier that locks in the moisture already in your skin. anyway, that wasnt working because my skin is so dry in the first place. ANYWAY so I went back to my boots advanced hydration night cream to take care of the flakies on my face and i had a really bad reaction to it. My face went all red, stung when I washed my face, and dehydrated my skin. SO, after all that rambling, heres the bottom line
-hydration=not great
-not for sensitive skin.
-kind of expensive for the amount you get.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by lucyem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this product to be just OK. My skin is very dry, especially now in the winter. I have been looking for a daily moisturizer with SPF. My first impression was that the smell was odd. A perfumy cold cream smell. It works very well on my cheeks and neck. But my forehead is greasy by afternoon. I will keep looking for something that works better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Samanna42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product saved my skin. Along with the Advanced Hydration Night Cream, the day cream completely transformed my dry skin. I have very dry, flaky skin that only gets worse during the harsh winter months and I had tried everything to hydrate my skin. Nothing seemed to be working until I tried this product. I noticed a difference after my first use and within the week my skin was no longer flaky and felt smooth, soft, and hydrated. I would definitely recommend this to anyone dealing with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I have never actually bought this moisturiser-i have received countless little pots of this product when they have been giving out free no7 gifts.
I used it on my whole face (i have a oily t zone and normal cheeks) and it made me reaaally oily in my t zone, so i would only use as a moisturiser for my cheeks which i find it does a good job at in the winter. Its quite rich, feels rather luxurious when applied, i am a fan of no7 products, and i think this is as good as dior hydraaction if not better. My only gripe is that all of the no7 pots are an awkward shape so its hard to get all of the product out when finishing the pot off. 1 lippie off for that! Other wise, a good moisturiser!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only use this on my cheeks, because I have combination skin, but I think it's pretty good. I find it quite thick and very hydrating, but it still absorbs nicely and gives a nice base for make up. Plus it has an SPF, which is an added bonus. I used it on my forehead a couple of times but it made me break out a bit, so it's definitely not for oily areas, however I do find it gives a great base when applied all over my face immediately before fake tan. It prevents that weird 'too brown' look which sometimes makes a tan really obviously fake. All in all, I think this is a good product, and not that badly priced considering how often they give out £5 off No 7 vouchers at Boots.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by smudgiegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is rich and emollient and does deliver much needed hydration to dry skin. Nonetheless, itís not quite enough hydration for me in the winter months. To be honest, I have had better success pairing it with a hydrating serum underneath it. After the serum is applied, it sinks in nicely with some staying power.

I will say that this product does not break me and makeup applies smoothly on top of it. So, these are some positive notes for this Day Cream.

As a recommendation to people with combination skin, donít apply this product to the oily areas of your skin! It will make those areas feel like an oil slick.