Black Opal True Color Creme Stick Foundation

4.1

Active Ingredients Octinoxate 5%, Octisalate 3%, Oxybenzone 3% Other Ingredients Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ozokerite, Nylon-12, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 7/17/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I'm a Beautiful Bronze in this product. This is a full coverage foundation, trust me when I say, this product is definitely my complexion it is so exact almost like a second skin(I'm not exaggerating). I was excited about that, it goes on so smooth BUT I had an issue rubbing it in, I had to use my fingers and that was a complete turn off and mad messy. Sigh, anyway eventually when I got it on I couldn't stop starring at myself in the mirror because this foundation just looks impeccable. Yaaaaaas!!!!! I was digging it. HOWEVER and this is a huge however after applying it and I had it on for maybe like a hour or so, I look like a complete greasy peanut butter and not the dewy misty look that could maybe get a pass, no not that type, I was mad greasy, its crazy. I do have oily skin so maybe this foundation is not for that skin type, so I had to put it down for awhile and try new things.

Just last night I tried it again, this time applying it with a DAMP BEAUTY BLENDER and it looked so damn good but I remembered the oil issue, so I then applied some L.A Colors Mineral Pressed Powder. Maaaaan I tell you it seem as if that has done the trick because I wasn't sweating one bit, I was a very very very happy camper. Because it has such a good coverage I couldn't just give up on it like that ya feel me?

on 5/27/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this foundation stick and loved it at first. However now that I'm working on trying to finish it I've realized what I love it for and dislike it for. The Pros: It's very inexpensive, had a really good match for women of color undertones, is a good high coverage foundation. The Cons: doesn't last for more than 6 hours and starts to get really oily. I was surprised because I'm not that oily. I'm more dry to normal. It's a good foundation, you just have to figure out what you need it for. Long lasting? I say skip. For something of convenience and no more than 4-6 hours, go for it.

The color matched good and the coverage was great but this foundation is very very oily! Not even after a hour I was a grease ball I would've only gave this 1 lippies but this works very well as a cream contour so that's what I'll continue to use it for..

on 12/10/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The color was beautiful! However after a few hours I am an oily mess. No matter what I use to matte and absorb the oil before I put the BO on and after I set it (IE: setting powder, setting spray, primer) I'm still an oily mess. I've tried everything! It will be my run to the store or out for a few hours makeup.

For women with normal or dry skin this will be perfect!

on 11/8/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I saw some reviews & videos on YouTube about this & decided to try it out even though I don't normally get full coverage foundation but I actually like it. It doesn't seem too heavy & makes my skin look so smooth & hasn't broken me out or anything. I got it in heavenly honey & will continue to use it during the fall/winter months.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nice but doesn't maintain its matte finish. You will need to top with powder. For those trying to decide between Carob and Suede Mocha shades, Carob has neautral undertones and looks a tad bit muddy. Suede Mocha has a slight reddish undertone and is a better match for me.

on 6/4/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let me start by saying, your enjoyment of this product will depend on how you use it. I really like it, and it will be my foundation of choice for the foreseeable future.

I am NW45, with combination skin- a very oily t-zone. I use Hazelnut and Truly Topaz (contouring). If you have oily skin it will melt off through the day and become patchy. To combat this, you must use a good primer- I use milk of magnesia. I went on holiday to sunny Greece for my sisters wedding, and I used this combination throughout my stay, including for my mom and I as a bridesmaids, with great lasting results.

The coverage is perfect. I have acne scars, and all I need is this- no concealer, nothing! Give it a try with a good primer, and remember a little goes a long to avoid the cakey look.

The bad point about this, is the transfer. Maybe use a setting spray or powder to solve this?

on 3/7/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've tried black opal foundation stick before, but it didn't work for me. I tried it again today after two years. I think I must have had the wrong color back then. The reason why is because I looked absolutely flawless today. I wore the color nutmeg. I blended with my elf powder brush. And wow. I received so many compliments today. I feel do happy because my self esteem was sinking. I have tried so many foundations and this is the only besides Mary Kay full coverage foundation that has worked for me. This foundation makes you look glamorous. It comes in a black tube. It very portable. Actually I don't care if it's easy to carry because once I put my foundation on that's it for the day. Lol. I wore it with out a primer to test the durability of the foundation. It's seven something right now at night. I applied at 12 pm. I wonder how out hold up in the summer in texas weather.This foundation has broad spectrum. I didn't notice any oxidation. Which is weird for a foundation for woc with sun screen but great lol. Thanks to black opal. The texture is the foundation is thick and creamy. Depending on the amount of foundation you apply to could get away with light to medium coverage. If you apply like me it s going to be full coverage.lol even though I don't have nothing to cover lol. I just love the look. I'm a nc45 or nc50 and nutmeg matches perfectly. I wear be bronze 600 in marykay. Nutmeg is yellow undertone. Hazelnut is red nw45. Hope you guys give it a chance.update 3/10/2014. It's been a couple of days and this foundation is in hg status. I'll give my self a month to make it official. Now, I've been wearing this foundation with a primer. Rimmel London stay mate primer and today I cried and this make is now TEAR FREE. No running at all. Did blot once. Applied at 1pm its 7 something and my face is beat. Lol even though I fell asleep this foundation looks great StILL. I hope this review helped anyone debating to try black opal.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Gorgeous shades that apply evenly, and smoothly. The product does not cause break outs. I use a setting power or otherwise it would fade in a few hours. I'm NC 45 and wear the shades topez and nutmeg ( one cool one warm tone shade). To highlight and contour I picked honey and bronze. I recommend picking up a few shade as they work for a variety of purposes.

on 12/19/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I'm not a huge foundation wearer, but I love to wear it on nights out and when I perform.One of the reasons I don't wear foundation is because of my extremely dry, sensitive skin, it seems everything on the market is geared toward oily skin and because I can never find a true yellow undertone except MAC and I'm not shelling out all of that dough for foundation I wear 5 times a month. So after many nights glued to youtube makeup tutorials where this foundation was recommended and after the glowing rec of a makeup artist friend of mine, I decided to give it a try.
I went to 3 different stores before I found a Rite Aid that had the stick foundation in stock. It is always sold out from what I understand, but I am so glad I persevered and found this little magic stick. I am in the catchall category of MAC's NC45 so my mua friend suggested I try Truly Topaz and it matches my skin tone more than any other foundation I've tried. I love the creamy texture, as it does wonders for my dry skin, my skin is so dry that I actually have to use a good facial lotion underneath; no primer. When I have breakouts from dry skin, this covers it great, and covers my bad nose piercing scar better than any concealer I've used. You do need to set it with powder, though. Even with my dry skin, it will still transfer, so I do a light coating of a translucent powder. And since a little goes a long way, I suspect that I will have this tube for a long minute. Well worth the 10 bucks.

Popular Stick Foundations