October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Stick - Black Opal - True Color Creme Stick Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice but doesn't maintain its matte finish. You will need to top with powder. For those trying to decide between Carob and Suede Mocha shades, Carob has neautral undertones and looks a tad bit muddy. Suede Mocha has a slight reddish undertone and is a better match for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by MikaB

Let me start by saying, your enjoyment of this product will depend on how you use it. I really like it, and it will be my foundation of choice for the foreseeable future.

I am NW45, with combination skin- a very oily t-zone. I use Hazelnut and Truly Topaz (contouring). If you have oily skin it will melt off through the day and become patchy. To combat this, you must use a good primer- I use milk of magnesia. I went on holiday to sunny Greece for my sisters wedding, and I used this combination throughout my stay, including for my mom and I as a bridesmaids, with great lasting results.

The coverage is perfect. I have acne scars, and all I need is this- no concealer, nothing! Give it a try with a good primer, and remember a little goes a long to avoid the cakey look.

The bad point about this, is the transfer. Maybe use a setting spray or powder to solve this?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried black opal foundation stick before, but it didn't work for me. I tried it again today after two years. I think I must have had the wrong color back then. The reason why is because I looked absolutely flawless today. I wore the color nutmeg. I blended with my elf powder brush. And wow. I received so many compliments today. I feel do happy because my self esteem was sinking. I have tried so many foundations and this is the only besides Mary Kay full coverage foundation that has worked for me. This foundation makes you look glamorous. It comes in a black tube. It very portable. Actually I don't care if it's easy to carry because once I put my foundation on that's it for the day. Lol. I wore it with out a primer to test the durability of the foundation. It's seven something right now at night. I applied at 12 pm. I wonder how out hold up in the summer in texas weather.This foundation has broad spectrum. I didn't notice any oxidation. Which is weird for a foundation for woc with sun screen but great lol. Thanks to black opal. The texture is the foundation is thick and creamy. Depending on the amount of foundation you apply to could get away with light to medium coverage. If you apply like me it s going to be full coverage.lol even though I don't have nothing to cover lol. I just love the look. I'm a nc45 or nc50 and nutmeg matches perfectly. I wear be bronze 600 in marykay. Nutmeg is yellow undertone. Hazelnut is red nw45. Hope you guys give it a chance.update 3/10/2014. It's been a couple of days and this foundation is in hg status. I'll give my self a month to make it official. Now, I've been wearing this foundation with a primer. Rimmel London stay mate primer and today I cried and this make is now TEAR FREE. No running at all. Did blot once. Applied at 1pm its 7 something and my face is beat. Lol even though I fell asleep this foundation looks great StILL. I hope this review helped anyone debating to try black opal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Gorgeous shades that apply evenly, and smoothly. The product does not cause break outs. I use a setting power or otherwise it would fade in a few hours. I'm NC 45 and wear the shades topez and nutmeg ( one cool one warm tone shade). To highlight and contour I picked honey and bronze. I recommend picking up a few shade as they work for a variety of purposes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by zarashair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge foundation wearer, but I love to wear it on nights out and when I perform.One of the reasons I don't wear foundation is because of my extremely dry, sensitive skin, it seems everything on the market is geared toward oily skin and because I can never find a true yellow undertone except MAC and I'm not shelling out all of that dough for foundation I wear 5 times a month. So after many nights glued to youtube makeup tutorials where this foundation was recommended and after the glowing rec of a makeup artist friend of mine, I decided to give it a try.
I went to 3 different stores before I found a Rite Aid that had the stick foundation in stock. It is always sold out from what I understand, but I am so glad I persevered and found this little magic stick. I am in the catchall category of MAC's NC45 so my mua friend suggested I try Truly Topaz and it matches my skin tone more than any other foundation I've tried. I love the creamy texture, as it does wonders for my dry skin, my skin is so dry that I actually have to use a good facial lotion underneath; no primer. When I have breakouts from dry skin, this covers it great, and covers my bad nose piercing scar better than any concealer I've used. You do need to set it with powder, though. Even with my dry skin, it will still transfer, so I do a light coating of a translucent powder. And since a little goes a long way, I suspect that I will have this tube for a long minute. Well worth the 10 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product years ago and although I no longer use it, I feel compeled to do a review. Although this is marketed to women of color, it can be hard to find a match. The undertones in these shades are very strong-meaning overtly yellow or red. any attempt at neutrality (rich caramel) comes across as muddy. My complexion is tan with neutral undertones, not too much red or yellow. For reference, the best match I have found at the drugstore is Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation in N& Classic Tan.
So Truly Topaz was a tad too dark, and far too yellow. Rich Caramel was a tad dark as well, and too muddy looking. Although I wore Truly Topaz for a while, I finally realized it was off. The texture of the foundation is a thick and creamy and it goes on smooth. It can get oily in the T-zone very quickly, and it can look greasy if you have oily skin, as I do. However, it worked wonderfully on my best friend, whose skin is dry. The wear time was not long for me, and I had to reapply throughout the day. The coverage is easily full, but the product is so versatile that it can be sheer to full, or anything in between.
I received lots of compliments on it, but they were from makeup novices...so, consider the source. I think this is definitely a winner for dry skinned women, if you can find a shade match. Finding a match should not be hard. My skin is just hard to match. If your skin is not too oily, and you want that "beat face", then these foundation sticks should be a good starting point. They did not work for my skin type, but this is an excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by leeyathatsme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation been using it since forever, I did use mac full coverage for a while, tried graftobian HD ( too greasy) but went back to this. this foundation will give you a flawless look, covers blemishes/hyperpigmentation, and very versatile as far as coverage for lighter coverage swipe less for full coverage (which i prefer) swipe more, works great year round, even in summer, just set with powder ( i use ben nye mojave line). its available almost everywhere including your local BSS which is always a plus when i run out. Usually 8-10 bucks stick last AWHILE. Compliments galore!!!!! for my sisters wedding a professional celebrity makeup artist did her makeup, when i walked in she asked me what foundation i was wearing i hesitantly said Black Opal, she then proceeded to show me her stash of black opal and told me she uses it all the time and luvs it. Get it and try for yourself ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by minkidiva

I love this foundation stick!! Been using this for 5+ years It goes on so smooth and the color nutmeg is my perfect match! When I just started using this I use the beautiful bronze but some how I looked too dark so I switched to the shade above it and perfect!!. It last me all day but I have to touch up every 3-4 hours because I live in jamaica where its very hot and I sweat a lot so I don't mind. I've stopped using this every day just around my dark areas, then I just dust the black opal loose powder, and I look natural for work or when I'm running errands.

Pros:
Dries quickly to a velvet soft finish.
Convenient, easy to use.
Full coverage.
Can be used as a concealer on the days u want light coverage.
Can last up to a year.
Price is reasonable.
Doesn't make u gray or ashy.
Flawless finish.
It has spf15
It last a great while

Cons:
I think it breaks me out.
Can't be worn every day even though it has spf as it clogs pores.
Can't be worn over moisturizer as it can turn greasy.
Does oxidize a bit.
Does have to be set with a powder.

I will forever love this foundation as it unless they change the formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by nikky2206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this foundation!!! For the longest time I used Sue Devitt foundation because its super lightweight and moisturizing, but I've also used Giorgio Armani, Lorac, Smashbox, Clinique, Laura Mercier, Mac and more. I now use a mix of Black Opal Stick Foundation in Hazelnut and Mac ProLongwear NW45. I love how the Black Opal color is so vibrant and rich. The stick makes it so easy to apply on your skin!!!! I place it on my skin and then blend it with a moist flat top brush.

I have dry skin, so I always moisturize with Ponds lotion and then Johnson's baby oil gel. Afterwords I put this foundation on and it looks so smooth and effortless! I love that its a medium to full coverage but it doesn't look or feel super heavy. And it looks great in photographs. No ashiness, no gray cast in pictures. Just a beautiful, rich brown shade. This is the most inexpensive foundation I've ever used on my face, I never use drugstore foundations, and yet this is one of my favorite foundations I have ever used!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While stalking the shelves of the Rite Aid next to my office as I regularly do, I came across this little gem...

After quickly MakeUp Alley-ing and You Tube-ing it, I realized it was something I absolutely needed in my life.
Let me tell you that this is BOMB DOT COM!!!

Full, flawless, impeccable coverage!
I bought three shades. Kalahari Sand, Truly Topaz and Hazelnut.
When I use the 3 shades, it gives me that perfectly contoured/highlighted 3 dimensional face.

This foundation is multi functional as it serves as concealer and foundation.
I wear the lightest shade as a concealer and highlighter, which BTW does not cake up.
The last two shades work as foundation and contour.

The packaging is a convenient twist up tube which allows better dispensing control.
The lasting power on me is an entire work day and then some...approximately 8-8!

Please note that you MUST prime and set this product as it can transfer and crease if you don"t.

The finish is dewey, but with a setting powder can be semi-matte. This has not irritated or broken me out.

The ladies at work compliment my skin when I wear this which is a good sign that I got it right this time! LOL.

I will continue to purchase this :)