October 24, 2014 | 1650 users online

Styling Products - Oscar Blandi - Jasmine Oil Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this serum on the basis of the reviews here and on Sephora. I was so disappointed with this product. Virtually everyone raved about the scent and that's the thing I found the most offensive. It has an extremely strong and very sharp pungent odor that was a deal breaker for me because I don't want my hair smelling like that. It didn't have any positive benefits and in fact seemed to make my hair look lifeless and dulled my shine even though I used a tiny amount. It definitely was too heavy for my fine to medium slightly dry hair. I paid $35 for 1.69 oz at Sephora but would never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by misskittycity74

Love this! Smells amazing; doesn't way hair down. Adds great shine. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Estheticqueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best hair serum around.... Better then morracan oil! Received a sample of the jasmine oil serum last week and could not believe I've never tried this. My hair is colored w/high and low lights (blonde /brown) and this serum makes the blonde highlights "pop" ..awesome shine and feels silky smooth. I've used morracan oil for 2 years, but ditching it now for this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by dpetals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very fine dark hair and this worked to a certain extent. It smells great, it really moisturizes the hair, the hair is easy to manage. (PS - did i say that it smells great?)
But but but, I don't think it is actually fixing the problem of dry unruly hair. The second you don't use it, you're back at square one.

They really need to do something about the packaging, it started spilling after awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I just received this as a gift from a friend who purchased two for the price of one on Amazon, and I first tried it about a week ago.

First take: I have waist-length hair, and a lot of it, although it's very fine, and after using a dime-sized blob in damp hair, my hair instantly felt a little silkier and looked a little shinier. My hair is in good condition (thanks, genetics) so I didn't see a huge improvement. A week later, it's still doing as good a job it did on the first day. Since it does have silicones in it, I'm rinsing my hair with a citric acid solution once a week for deep cleansing. Will continue to monitor this product.

I don't really feel like this serum does anything more than drugstore serums, though. The only thing that really sets it apart is, as a few other reviewers have expressed, the amazing jasmine smell, but you can easily duplicate that with some concentrated jasmine perfume oil or essential oil. The smell also fades very quickly for me.

All in all, I was pleased with but not impressed by this product. I'll finish using the bottle I have, but because of the price ($35 for 1.7 fl oz, which is a standard perfume bottle size, wtf?) I will not repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Bainsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Absolutely fantastic serum to add shine manageability and tame frizzy hair. I live in a tropical cilimate where fizziness is a huge problem and I have been buying a bottle from sephora every 6 months as this is my HG serum for my Asian hair. The other bonuses with this serum is the gorgeous unmistakable scent and the fact that it in no way weighs your hair down. Yes, very expensive but used over 6 months its definitely worth it. Will keep buying this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by ativan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty disappointed. I bought this based on MUA reviews, and was expecting my hair to look sleek, shiny, and healthy. There is some shine, but my hair actually looks more dry and damaged after I use this. I find that Paul Mitchell's skinny serum is much better at doing what I want this to do, and it's about half the price. As others mention, this smells nice, but scent isn't really a factor for me in buying products. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because it seemed to work okay when I applied it to damp hair and let it air dry. With heat, however, it's a fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

I am on my second bottle of this and I actually rotate serums, depending on what I am doing with my hair - anyway, I LOVE this hair serum. It smells amazing, spreads evenly throughout, and a little goes a long way. If you straighten or blowdry after.. ahhh the smell comes out even more (due to the heat, of course!). Comes in a pump bottle, easy to use and the newer one I have bought locks, so no spill! Usually sells for around 20 at Sephora - but will last you FOREVER. My second bottle has lasted over a year using it a couple times a week. WIll buy over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by yellowmell0jell0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I ever got by without this product! I've been using this product over the past year, and i absolutely ADORE it. I use this religiously on a day to day basis. I live in a costal area where moisture is always in the air, and with that moisture comes a frizzy, crazy mess on my head. The smell is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, and a little goes a long way, which makes product last for a pretty long time.It's the only product i really use on my hair. I love that it has an all in one purpose, it offers heat protection, conditions your hair, reduces and repairs split ends, AND it tames frizzzies. My hair has never looked so healthy and manageable! Although it is very pricey, and the bottle seems so small, it's totally worth it. I would recommend this to anyone, and I would repurchase this in a heart beat, in fact, i have repurchased this! I LOVE this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This has become HG for me over the years! I love the scent of this serum, it is not overpowering but does linger for a while. A tiny drop is all I need to smooth out the frizz of my ends, which means that a tiny bottle lasts me forever. I've already repurchased twice and it is completely worth every penny!!!