Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Naturally Derived Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

on 7/20/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Love this hair serum. I bought it in the travel size to try first and loved it so much that I bought the full size. The smell is beautiful, just like real jasmine, not the fake scent you sometimes find. I apply 2 pumps to my middle of my back length hair and it does a wonderful job of keeping the frizzies away. Sometimes I blow dry my wavy hair straight and this serum works as a heat protectant and shine booster and sometimes I air dry and it works as a frizz tamer. The added bonus is my hair smells wonderful all day long. I would definitely buy this again.

on 5/26/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Started out with the Pronto Dry Styling Heat Protect Spray & loved it. Then saw the line on clearance at Kohls. Snapped the full size up for under $10. I have long fine hair but lots of it & single process color. My hair is quite healthy as I use salon products & rarely use heat appliances. The serum smells divine; very floral but sadly, the scent does not linger. It comes in a lovely glass pump dispenser bottle. I used about 4-5 pumps. At first I used this on washed, damp hair & let it air dry. I had mixed feelings about the results. Although it made my hair unbelievably soft to the touch, I had flyaways & some frizz. A week later, I applied it to washed, damp hair & blew out the front & top portions & wrapped the rest in a bun & blasted it with heat. The result is shiny, frizz free hair with volume.

on 3/23/2014 4:39:00 PM

I bought this serum on the basis of the reviews here and on Sephora. I was so disappointed with this product. Virtually everyone raved about the scent and that's the thing I found the most offensive. It has an extremely strong and very sharp pungent odor that was a deal breaker for me because I don't want my hair smelling like that. It didn't have any positive benefits and in fact seemed to make my hair look lifeless and dulled my shine even though I used a tiny amount. It definitely was too heavy for my fine to medium slightly dry hair. I paid $35 for 1.69 oz at Sephora but would never repurchase.

Love this! Smells amazing; doesn't way hair down. Adds great shine. A little goes a long way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The best hair serum around.... Better then morracan oil! Received a sample of the jasmine oil serum last week and could not believe I've never tried this. My hair is colored w/high and low lights (blonde /brown) and this serum makes the blonde highlights "pop" ..awesome shine and feels silky smooth. I've used morracan oil for 2 years, but ditching it now for this!

on 2/22/2013 4:34:00 AM

I have very fine dark hair and this worked to a certain extent. It smells great, it really moisturizes the hair, the hair is easy to manage. (PS - did i say that it smells great?)
But but but, I don't think it is actually fixing the problem of dry unruly hair. The second you don't use it, you're back at square one.

They really need to do something about the packaging, it started spilling after awhile.

on 1/14/2013 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just received this as a gift from a friend who purchased two for the price of one on Amazon, and I first tried it about a week ago.

First take: I have waist-length hair, and a lot of it, although it's very fine, and after using a dime-sized blob in damp hair, my hair instantly felt a little silkier and looked a little shinier. My hair is in good condition (thanks, genetics) so I didn't see a huge improvement. A week later, it's still doing as good a job it did on the first day. Since it does have silicones in it, I'm rinsing my hair with a citric acid solution once a week for deep cleansing. Will continue to monitor this product.

I don't really feel like this serum does anything more than drugstore serums, though. The only thing that really sets it apart is, as a few other reviewers have expressed, the amazing jasmine smell, but you can easily duplicate that with some concentrated jasmine perfume oil or essential oil. The smell also fades very quickly for me.

All in all, I was pleased with but not impressed by this product. I'll finish using the bottle I have, but because of the price ($35 for 1.7 fl oz, which is a standard perfume bottle size, wtf?) I will not repurchase when I run out.

on 1/2/2013 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Absolutely fantastic serum to add shine manageability and tame frizzy hair. I live in a tropical cilimate where fizziness is a huge problem and I have been buying a bottle from sephora every 6 months as this is my HG serum for my Asian hair. The other bonuses with this serum is the gorgeous unmistakable scent and the fact that it in no way weighs your hair down. Yes, very expensive but used over 6 months its definitely worth it. Will keep buying this product.

on 11/12/2012 10:09:00 AM

I'm pretty disappointed. I bought this based on MUA reviews, and was expecting my hair to look sleek, shiny, and healthy. There is some shine, but my hair actually looks more dry and damaged after I use this. I find that Paul Mitchell's skinny serum is much better at doing what I want this to do, and it's about half the price. As others mention, this smells nice, but scent isn't really a factor for me in buying products. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because it seemed to work okay when I applied it to damp hair and let it air dry. With heat, however, it's a fail.

on 10/21/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am on my second bottle of this and I actually rotate serums, depending on what I am doing with my hair - anyway, I LOVE this hair serum. It smells amazing, spreads evenly throughout, and a little goes a long way. If you straighten or blowdry after.. ahhh the smell comes out even more (due to the heat, of course!). Comes in a pump bottle, easy to use and the newer one I have bought locks, so no spill! Usually sells for around 20 at Sephora - but will last you FOREVER. My second bottle has lasted over a year using it a couple times a week. WIll buy over and over again.