September 2, 2014 | 2095 users online

Shampoo - SAMY - for damaged hair

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think Samy is one of those cult products that doesn't get enough hype, but those that try it are hooked! Three months before getting married I fried my hair, like clumps falling out, end of the world, crunchy hair. My hair stylist tried everything to save what she could, but it was really all in vain. I'm not kidding you when I say this shampoo and conditioner saved my hair. By the time of my wedding the crunch was gone, my hair still.had damage that a professional would notice, but the softness and shine was restored and no one was the wiser on my wedding day. I ended up having to wear clip in extensions and my hair perfectly blended in with their fake high shine. I love the sulfate free aspect, because I don't have to use an anti residue shampoo once a week. It doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy, which is one of my biggest issues with shampoos. I've turned all my friends onto it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lkwojtowicz

I bought the one in the hot pink bottle for four bucks at a local supermarket, and the smell is divine! Leaves my hair straight and smooth and not weighed down. The conditioner is even better. Feel like chucking Carol's Daughter shampoo straight in the rubbish after using Samy.

Con: Has SLS. Shoots.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

i just bought this today after reading all the great reviews here and im not sure how glad i am that i did. i usually have straight hair but after using this shampoo and conditioner, my hair dried curly which completely kind of freaked me out. my hair smelled just like i came from the salon and it feels moisturized. the bottle is practical and a cute hot pink. i would def repurchase, but ill prob just straighten my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 11:54:00 AM More reviews by franticog

I have repurchased this shampoo/conditioner set for smooth hair (the one in the hot pink bottle) about 4x now. I love the clean, fresh scent and the way my hair behaves - I don't even need styling products when I use it. No static either. Nuff said!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this free with October's CVS Extra Bucks! I laughed at the other poster's
comment, about this smelling like Agree from the late 70's early 80's! She
is right! I love the scent. The conditioner's scent isn't as strong, but used
together, you can smell it all day! The shampoo is good, not that it does anything dramatic, but it's worth it for the scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought the Moist shampoo, conditioner, and hair serum combo for about $16 at Costco. i LOVE using this, but not every day. if you use silicones in your hair, this neutralizes them and removes the silicone build-up. your hair will feel softer and smoother than it has in a long time, and it feels this way after only one use. the reason i wouldn't use it every day is because my hair is very long and silicone products make my hair retain moisture and keep it shiny. i use this after about 1 1/2 to 2 months of using my regular shampoo and conditioner... for about 2 weeks to ensure that i've washed my hair enough to get all the silicone build-up off. i'd repurchase this. the serum is crap, BTW.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by back2happiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to laugh when I first used this shampoo because it smells just like the old Agree shampoo and conditioner from the '70s and early '80s. The shampoo has no waxes or buildup and it left my extremely dry hair with more of a squeaky clean feeling than I would have liked but it wasn't too bad. The emergency conditioner really helped to moisturize my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2005 8:52:00 AM More reviews by RobsGirl4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A good shampoo, but it could be a lot better. Love the packaging, very cute and modern. I wanted to try this forever after seeing it Cosmo, but could never find it since moving to the South with my boyfriend. While out on a late night shopping trip at Target the other night with my boyfriend, I finally found it while exploring the shampoo isle for my regular Pantene choices, and ran into this. I was so excited! The shampoo itself comes out in a *very* thick, clear gel and smells very fresh, crisp, clean and almost a little floral, but it becomes a little over powering when lathering up. It definitey cleans very well, but I found that it overly cleansed my hair because during rinsing, my hair became a little too "squeaky" as I rinsed the shampoo out. It does smell good and rinses easily and is a great deep cleanser, but I would recommend this for a clairifying shampoo rather than a moisturizing shampoo. I was impressed with this shampoo and it definitely deeply cleansed my hair and was amazing for clairifying purposes, but I love Pantene much better and need a lot more moisture than this offers for my long, naturally wavy hair that I blow dry and flat iron on an almost every day basis. All in all, a great shampoo, but this is better for normal hair than dry or damaged hair like mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great d/s product for dry, damaged hair. Nice hot pink bottle. Great fragrance -- crisp, clean, floral. Makes my hair soft, smooth and healthy. I have coarse, frizzy, wavy, color processed hair.