November 27, 2014 | 1589 users online

Conditioner - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Jason Natural Sea Kelp Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You will want to take my review with a grain of salt as I was only able to use it once for co-washing. Based on my one time usage, here is what I found:

Pros:
- very emollient/great slip/easy to massage into scalp and pull through strands
- cruelty free
- great value considering the size/cost (ordered the 32 fl oz bottle with pump from vitacost.com)
- hair dried shiny and fluffy (in a good way) --- i let my hair air dry

Cons:
- THE SCENT: my nose is so extremely sensitive and at first whiff, I thought it smelled so amazing like a fancy spa. But the scent eventually bloomed and it just got way too perfumey and almost kind of musky for my liking. And it definitely lingers in your hair after it has dried.

The one and only con was the reason why I was only able to stand using the conditioner once. The scent plagued me for the two days I didn't co-wash again and I had to use shampoo the next time I washed my hair to make sure I washed out the scent completely before I could go back to co-washing with my normal go-to conditioner (Aussie).

If the scent is not an issue for you, this is a great conditioner to try.

I may possibly give the Jason Naturals fragrance free conditioner a shot but the reviews that I have read are so mixed. The search for an economic sized cruelty free conditioner continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by meganhowdy

my favorite conditioner ever in history for smoothing and hydrating without being heavy AND I've been professionally doing hair for seven years. love the smell and texture and the cute turquoise packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Camstar1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am really disappointed in this Jason conditioner. I have had such good experiences with their creams (aloe vera 85% moisturising cream), that I thought that the same good experiences would be numerous with their shampoos and conditioners. Anyway, after waiting and searching for ages for this in the UK, I found a bottle for 8 Pounds (GBP) at a local natural store in Blackfen, and from there my woes began.

When I use the Sea Kelp Conditioner my (4C afro caribbean natural) hair would curl up unendlessly causing knots. I can't really say that my hair has been well moisturised afterwards either, as I always need to co-wash for several days on end following a deep condition with this conditioner. This conditioner does not allow for detangling either.

The thickness is really promising that the conditioner will deliver a lot, but the dull scent and poor moisturising properties of this conditioner have yet to fulfill.

I am disappointed, and will return to using my amazing Tresemme naturals moisturising conditioner full time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price: Not bad for the quality of the product and the amount you get in a bottle- around 6-7 bucks at Whole Foods.
Packaging: Jason's packaging is the same as most other "natural" products'- plain, modest, and never has that cosmetic flashiness. I don't mind at all. I honestly kind of like the shape of the bottle, but the label design and font are a tad cheesy.
Consistency: Oh man. THICK. Kinda hard to squeeze from the bottle, but totally worth it once it's out. It's a plain whitish color- nothing fancy, and kind of a relief knowing there's no artificial dyes in there.
Scent: I don't know if you could even call it a "fragrance." It's... not really earthy, but... natural, kind of ocean-y, but without the salt or fishy smells... It's clean, fresh, soft, powdery... Almost comforting... Well, I love it, and it smells even better once it dries in your hair. It's so subtle and pleasant. It makes me feel like a mermaid.
Ingredients: Yummy! Lots of great natural stuff in there, like sea kelp- DUH- aloe, kukui, and some awesome A, C, and E vitamins. HOWEVER. There are very tiny amounts of both wheat protein and dimethicone. Both of these ingredients are what keep me from using this stuff every time I wash my hair- the protein more than the dimethicone. REMEMBER, they're both extremely small amounts (towards the bottom of the long list of awesome ingredients)- but if your hair is iffy with proteins like mine, make sure you have an alteration of other conditioners, no matter how much you like this one.
Performance: Oh, lovely. Just lovely. It provides amazing slip, melts my tangles, and keeps my hair moisturized ALL DAY. Detangling my hair once I'm out of the shower is a breeze. Any lingering fragrance is so sweet and subtle, and it makes my thick, thirsty curls ridiculously shiny and bouncy.
Overall: Though it hasn't happened to me (since I rotate my conditioners all the time), keep an eye out for any protein or cone buildup. Co-washing with Jason Sea Kelp conditioner is always a delight and keeps my curls happy and healthy.
**UPDATE**
After using this for a while it started to "meh" out on me. It doesn't handle frizz very well. It's still great, but I ditched it for Jason's Aloe conditioner. The aloe one does what this one's supposed to do, but better, and more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by yeshailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this conditioner. My hair feels like silk when I wash it out and feels healthy when it's dry. The smell is great, it's not really girly, but it's not manly either -- smells like Jungle conditioner by Lush. I will definitely repurchase and try other Jason conditioners.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this mostly as a leave-in conditioner. It's very light and gives good texture and shine to my hair without pulling down my curls or making it frizzy. It also has a decent smell that doesn't clash with the perfumes I am wearing. As a regular conditioner, it isn't as moisturizing as I would like it to be but it has great ingredients and can make a good choice for those who co-wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

For the price this stuff is great! It works better than the Arbonne one I forked out $22 for!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This worked surprisingly well! My hair seemed more manageable afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

Wonderful product!

I have blonde, highlighted fine hair. This product leaves it silky soft and shiny, without being weighted down. I honestly can't stop running my fingers through my hair after I use this. I don't remember it having a pleasant or unpleasant arome, I'm kind of neutral about it. Don't think it leaves much of a smell in my hair either, but thats good because I don't like when the smell of my hair mixes with the smell of my perfume :)

I do not lile the design of the bottle at all, however this is my only gripe with it. Its good value for a lot of product and I will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by kate38

This is a brilliant conditioner - it deeply moisturizes and repairs the hair, and is eco-friendly too! I love this and the Sea Kelp Shampoo - by far my favourite natural hair products. I have thick, long hair and this is the best conditioner I have tried.