September 2, 2014 | 1701 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Handy Buki Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by NARSaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this brush to apply contour powder (Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Medium). It works pretty well! The shape of this brush is ideal for applying color under the cheek bone to make the cheek bone pop and give the face more angular structure. I recommend it if you like a sculpted look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

I have it about 2yr,wash everyother week, it was shedding at first, after a couple wash and condition its done shedding, and soften a bit. I like to use goat hair brushes on mineral compact, it pick up product better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by HannahTheScribe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Handy Buki Brush is wonderfully soft and provides even, buildable coverage with mineral makeup. I use it with my BareEscentuals Fair, and it fills in all of the pores between my brows, on the apples of my cheeks, and on my nose. Mine doesn't shed, but it did when I first got it. If yours sheds, try washing it with a brush shampoo, buff it on a soft towel to dry it and get rid of excess hairs, and it should be fine. This brush is the best IMO for applying mineral foundation when you want fuller, buildable coverage, but it also works very well when you want to apply the perfect amount of color to your cheeks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

Hmm...I think shedding problems may be inherent within certain batches, while hardly a problem within others. This brush actually shed on my face while the SA was matching me for a Bare Minerals foundation, but I ended up taking the brush home anyway. I haven't had a shedding problem at all with my own, and it definitely does the job to apply my Bare Minerals Matte foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by music

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to replace a shedding Sonia Kashuk brush from Target. Initially, I was hesitant to spend so much money, but I have had no problems with it being scratchy or shedding. Very good quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by logatome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm. Well, if you're thinking about going to buy this brush, I figured I'd better put in my two cents before you drop 20 bills on this product. I used to use the Medium Matte foundation before I switched over to Mac NC35. This brush of course, used to come with the kit. Don't know if it still does, as I haven't been spending much time in that store, but I thought I read somewhere that it didn't come with the kit anymore. To make a long story short, when I purchased the brush shampoo for it, the SA told me that the bristles of these brushes are glued to the handle, so she informed me not to get that part wet, otherwise, I will have shedding problems. Well. If I'm washing my brushes once a week, water is everywhere. After the first wash, I noticed that the bristles seemed to get shorter. Turns out they were slipping into the handle and after I gave it a gentle tug, I noticed a green color where it had slipped into the handle. You know that's never good. After the second wash, I gave it a gentle tug because I had that same handle issue, and then all of the bristles came out.

Yay. Not to mention, it scratched and irritated the crap out of my skin. And nobody needs to feel like they've got knives running across their cheeks as they put on their make up every morning.

Lucky it came with the kit. If I had bought this alone, I would've been severely disappointed. I ended up buying a similar brush from Sephora, the one with the black handle and the white and grey-tipped bristles which, in my opinion, have much softer and better quality bristles and I have never felt a scratch from it, ever. Also, because they're white, you can actually tell when they're clean after a wash. I've already washed them 3-4 times and it's still as soft as when I bought it. I strictly use the Mac Studio Fix foundation now but with this Sephora brush, application is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kahoo58

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The perfect brush for applying contour powder, haven't had issues of shedding. I use it with MAC Strada or MAC Personal style blush. This brush puts on the right amount on my very fair skin without making the contour color too dark or heavy looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The brushes from this line could be THE best IF they didn't shed like crazy !
It's decent for buffing on any mineral powder for a nice, dewy, sheen. What is nice about the brush is that it makes my powder go on light, with build able and blended coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by he11ogorgeous

If I could give a product a 0 ever in my life it would be for this brush!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I bought the whole collection of brushes. I love that the sales associates admit that you need to replace the brushes every year.... If a brush is of GOOD or even DECENT quality... you don't need to replace a brush! So super scratchy and irritated my skin. The body shop makes far superior brushes... I would have never known without make up alley reviews. the brush bristles literally look like they smushed and melted into one bristle over time. And I wash my brushes with brush soap weekly and dry them appropriately. Horrible products. My derm. who is number one in the state of NJ says not to use their brushes because the bristles they use are off cheap quality and irritate the skin. It keeps SOOOO much product in the bristles too!!! SO you use MORE product then needed!!!!!! I literally see half my product go down the drain every week. Might as well throw my dollars down the drain.. with this quality its the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush has been in my collection for 8 years. I use it every day to set my makeup with translucent powder. It's fluffy enough to apply just a light dusting of powder yet dense enough to use for blending or buffing. The bristles in my brush are very soft and I do not have a problem with them scratching or irritating my skin. I take very good care of my brushes and this one has been washed and conditioned more times than I can count, however, I have never had a problem with shedding and once dry, it's as good as new. I love the longer handle on this brush because I feel like I have better control with it rather than the short, stumpy handles that most kabuki brushes have. If I were to ever lose mine, I would replace it again in a heartbeat. Spending $20 for a quality brush that can literally last for years seems like a no-brainer to me.