August 30, 2014 | 1835 users online

Treatments - Essie - All in One 3-Way Glaze - Base, Strengthener, and Top Coat

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Midtownmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I meant to grab the other top coat Essie has called Good To Go, but accidentally grabbed this box. I thought no big deal as I love my base coat by Essie. Normally I use Sally Hansen Insta Dri topcoat, but after a second goopy bottle, I decided to try something different. If I hadn't thrown away the receipt, I'd return this. 3 in 1 doesn't even cover how useless this product is. For one, as a base coat, I didn't find it to be long lasting or strengthen my nails as does the other Essie base coat. Instead my nails chipped after three days, no strain. Secondly, as a top coat, its really thin. I like to do nail art and find one coat still makes for an uneven, prone to chipping nail that took forever to dry. I mean really, for a thin polish it takes a super long time to dry. I timed an hour before it was non tacky. Plus it smeared my nail art design which doesn't usually happen. Overall I'd not buy this again and am stuck with a full bottle that I don't even like as a base coat. My nail splintered today and I'm annoyed the strengthener in this is useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rosebud222

As a base coat, this product works great. It protects my nails from staining and seems to help nails grow as well. As for a top coat, I didn't like it for some reasons and I did like it for other reasons. At the beginning of the bottle, used as a top coat I had no issues at all. The 3 way glaze left a great shine and I really noticed that it protected my polish from chipping quite well, especially once I compared it to Essie's good to go top coat. # way glaze left my manicute chip free for a good 5-7 days, compared to Essie's good to go top coat with 2-4 days. However, once the bottle got closer to the bottom, the consistency got a lot thicker and goopier and I noticed that once it got to that point as a top coat it created lots of little bubbles which basically ruins the manicure. Still I'd buy again for the way it keeps nails from chipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Capri6719

I used to use this a lot, but stopped when I starting using other brands of nail and glittery polishes. It works really great with other essie polishes as a base coat and top coat. I think my recent great success with this product is improved application technique. My bottle is 2 years old and I just used it the other day like it was brand new (I really take care of my stuff like, make sure caps on tightly, no nail color contamination on brush, ect). It is very spreadable and the brush distributed very evenly. Overall, good for a quick easy application with other essie polishes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by trackypup

Amazing Product. I wasn't really expecting much from a product that claims to be both a base, top and strengthener but this is amazing. I did my nails 5 days ago and not a single chip or tip wear. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Stefanied6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail nail product! I use it as a base coat after I have buffed my nails. Then I add two coats of nail color and then two coats of 3 way glaze on top. I can get my polish to last for at least five days. This product leaves my nails feeling strong and looking very shiny! I have gone through 3 bottles and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is perfect as a base coat because it protects my nails, I noticed difference since I've been using it, the strengthener in it works very well too, the top coat is very shiny but according to me it does not protect the nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This is my first ever Essie purchase. I got on sale at shoppers drugmart for $7.99 so thought I'd give it a try.
I use as base coat then I polish my nails two coats with colour then I put this on again then seche vite. The colour definitely stays on a day or so longer then other ones I've tried. But it's not a week or anything. However it really does a great job strengthing my nails. They are like glass. Normally my nails bend still reguardless of top coat. Not this one!
So for that alone I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by merrymurderess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really fantastic top coat. Usually, I paint my nails and the polish chips the very next day (and no amount of top coat helps). However, I painted my nails on Sunday and applied two coats of Essie 3-Way Glaze. It is now Friday and my color has remained shiny and completely chip-free! This is almost unheard of for me! I am very impressed and will definitely be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by prettyandsweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product! really shiny as a top coat and sure does extend the wear of my polish. my nails are thin/weak, short/medium length that are prone to of course chipping and peeling; that being said, without this top/base coat my polish lasts to my next shower (the next day) which is not ideal because its all chipped and well for lack of a better term, ugly! however, with this top/base coat my polish lasts at least 3 days which does say something about this product.
also looks great by itself
i will re-buy :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was great, until I got to about half-way on the bottle. Then, somehow, it started to get extremely gloopy all the time. I would thin it, and it would work fine, but then next time I went to use it, it would be gloopy again! So annoying! It is very hard to thin out, I use like 10 drops of thinner each time (usually only have to use 2) and it is still too thick. Something must be wrong with it.

I gave it a 2 because it worked well for the first half of the bottle
Off to find something better...