Sephora Sephora waterproof mascara

2.4

on 10/10/2013 10:15:00 PM

This mascara IS waterproof; this is definitely a true statement. I have never had this mascara run for me. That is a plus. However, it is an absolute pain to get off, which makes it almost not worth getting this waterproof formula. I feel like I use half a bottle of makeup remover every time I try to take it off. It does last all day, and I have never got those "feathers" on my top eyelids that can happen with your cheaper mascaras. It is not worth the $12 it costs, though. I'm not dissatisfied with the mascara, but a drugstore waterproof mascara will do just as well.

I have really dk under eye circles, which require a lot of concealer set with powder. I'm always trying different mascaras in hopes of finding one that doesn't give me racoon eyes (smearing on all that under eye concealer). This is yet another tossed in the bottom of my make up drawer. It did however make my lashes really look long and dark. But it also took two days and a lot of scrubbing to get off (not good for the delicate eye area). Back to CG professional!

on 6/1/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hate this!! Smears & is not waterproof at all :( wont be returning it, will use it up with other mascaras but upset about it :(

on 4/4/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Worst. Mascara. Ever.
Ever ever ever.
Oh wow.
Crispy, thin, spidery, brittle lashes.
A nightmare to remove, even with olive oil.
Horribly bulky package.
Just no, Sephora. No.
Worst part? I bought this specifically for my father's wedding because I knew I'd be crying and I ended up having to make an emergency pit-stop at Ulta to get some far superior (and far less expensive) NYX waterproof mascara, which only added to the stress of the day.
Thank goodness Sephora has a bangin' return policy because it is going BACK and I'm putting it toward another NARS lipstick because I need the cosmetic retail therapy.
So again, no no no no no. Big fat sacks of no. Ugh.

on 4/3/2013 12:41:00 PM

I hate this mascara. I only wear WP to hold the curl and this is the first WP mascara I've tried that doesn't do that. It doesn't give length or volume and gives me spiderlashes. I have long and pretty full lashes and this makes them look like crap. It disappears from the tips of my lashes during the day and settles under my eyebrows instead. I only bought this because I read somewhere that it was easier to remove than other WP mascaras, but even if it isn't waterproof and smudges like nothing else it's still hard to remove, don't really think it has any redeeming features.

on 1/8/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It gave me good length and volume and didn't clump or flake. It did smudge a bit throughout the day which disappointed me. I got it as a present so I don't know how much it cost, but since it's Sephora I'd say it's too expensive for me.

on 12/14/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Horrible dry clumpy irritated my eyes horribly. Nightmare to remove made my lashes fall out really hard to remove.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a TERRIBLE mascara. Here's a little rant lol:
First, it's not even waterproof and it's the only reason why I bought it. It leaves terrible dark raccoon like smudges all over your eyes when it touches water.
Second, it does absolutely nothing for my lashes. It doesn't curl, lengthen, volumize, nothing. It just coats them in some weird black formula which doesn't even work.
Third, the price is not even right for this kind of product. This should be at the most, $2. At the most.
I'm really disappointed and I also layered it with some other waterproof mascaras, but this just ruins everything and I will absolutely never in my life repurchase this product.

on 8/16/2011 9:33:00 PM

this product is crap!
it's not waterproof..i went swimming and it clumped my lashes together and then fell off in clumps! and it really does nothing for your lashes.. it's super dry.. definitely not worth any amount of money!

* I usually like Sephora brand products ! Their eyeshadow palettes are great and pigmented and same with their eyeliners.. This was such a disappointment to me, especially since I loved their "atomic volume" and "lash plumper" mascaras...*

*EDIT* okay, i've found a way to make this mascara work, curl your lashes, apply one layer of mascara, curl your lashes again, apply 2 layers of mascara on after. works well, not excellent, but nicely enough to wear throughout the day and it holds my curl.

on 8/5/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My first mascara -- looking for something not too high end but not dirt quality either. First of all some of the mascara seemed to already have dried out a bit :( Then when I used it, it didn't add that much to my short, stick straight lashes and the applicator was awful. Plus it will look smudgy on your lower lashes after a few hours. It's waterproof enough to wash off easily, but not enough to stop from smudging.

Popular Mascaras