The Body Shop Shimmer cubes palette 06

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/20/2014 5:06:00 PM

the only thing good about this product is the packaging. the rests are terrible. .not pigmented and doesn't stay long..even i used eye primer...i like the bodyshop soap n perfume. .but no for skin treatment and make up..as most of it makes my skin dry..i dunno maybe its just my skin

on 5/13/2014 11:28:00 PM

I loved the concept of this palette...especially the fact that each "block" is packaged separately to avoid everything getting muddy. I also loved the colors...just what I was looking for to use for a summer look. I was sadly disappointed. I used eye shadow primer, and gently applied like I usually do. The color payoff wasn't what I expected, but I was willing to live with that. What I can't live with is the fallout. After wearing the shadows for only a couple hours, my partner commented that I had "sparkles" all over my face. I looked in the mirror, and my eyes looked bare...but my cheeks were full of shimmer and looked like I had used too much of the wrong color bronzer. I returned this, and exchanged or a couple of their regular eye shadows. Maybe this won't be an issue for some, but for $22, I expect eye shadow to stay on my eyes, at least for a couple hours. Sadly, I can't recommend.

on 5/7/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Pros:
- very nice colors
- it easy to apply
- last for several years eventhough I used it often

on 11/19/2013 11:54:00 AM

This is the first time I've used this palette and I have to say, the coppery/bronze shades are a nice change from plain brown. I used the two lighter shades and my brown eyes look much brighter!! These palettes are a bit pricey but the packaging is cool, you can remove each cube and each one also has its own lid. The shadows are quite soft, and the shimmer is subtle, not too glittery so good for daytime. I am impressed with this and love the colors, so yes I would buy it again or it would make a nice stocking stuffer for someone also.

on 10/19/2013 7:45:00 AM

My holy grail eyeshadows! Love the colours, especially the marshmallow shade (pinky one in the quad) as an all over shadow look, the shadows are super soft and so easy to apply with a blending brush or with fingers. This is the 2nd one I bought and the first one lasted me well over a year and I will definitely be repurchasing in future. Pros: Easy to apply, super soft, colours are stunning, Cons: expensive and a little dense

good quality eyeshadows but veryyyy overpriced
you can get eyeshadows just as good for a cheaper price at the drugtore

on 9/2/2013 1:07:00 PM

I was walking around looking for a good eyeshadow and I spotted this one in The Body Shop. It looked it really nice and the shimmer made me buy it, as well as the colours because I was looking for more serious colours (if you get me). The price shocked me alot but I decided to buy it anyway, just to try out something different. The packaging is really small but there is alot of eyeshadow in one single cube, which can be handy. When I got back home, I put the eyeshadow on straight away because I was going out, the colours looked a bit dark but I blended it nicely. When I got back home from going out, my eye lids were smudged and all there was on my eyelids was shimmer - no colour. I excpected it to stay on my eyes for a long time because of the price and the pigmintation, but no. After a long time of not using the product, the colours seemed to get darker and I don't know why, I put it on again and my eyes looked tired/like someone smacked me in the eye, so I stopped using it.
I would recommend this if you suit dark eyeshadow shades :-)

on 8/30/2013 4:08:00 PM

The neutral colours in palette 6 are lovely, but I find these shadows no where near pigmented enough. The cake is very densely packed and loading the brush takes ages. Even with a fully loaded brush I don't get a lot of pigment, and my skin is quite fair, so usually it doesn't take much. For subtle looks this shadow works, but I am quite disappointed in the lack of pigmentation. Won't buy it again.

on 12/16/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Got this as a gift from a friend and love it. Palette #06 has four flattering, warm-toned natural (browns family) shades that can be pulled out individually. The pigmentation is great on the darker shades and decent on the lighter ones. I thought, before opening, that these were going to be loose shadows and a total mess. However, they are compact like little sugar cubes, making them fun and totally convenient. The shadow is the SOFTEST in texture I've ever used (and I mean that as a compliment) yet thankfully there is little-to-no fallout. Goes on evenly, blends easily and then stays put. Despite having shimmer in the name, these aren't overwhelmingly glittery - the shimmer is very subtle (and quite pretty).

This is a great palette and I'm very pleased by the shades and the quality. Recommend!

on 10/26/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I got this when it was on sale a looong time ago, and I'm still not even half way through. They're kinda expensive but they last you a lifetime. I use the taupe colour on a daily basis, it's just gorgeous. Not much of a fan of the orange/golden and rose colour though. They apply quite evenly and stay on all day long.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products