April 16, 2014 | 773 users online

Eye Shadow - The Body Shop - Shimmer cubes palette 06

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I've used this palette and I have to say, the coppery/bronze shades are a nice change from plain brown. I used the two lighter shades and my brown eyes look much brighter!! These palettes are a bit pricey but the packaging is cool, you can remove each cube and each one also has its own lid. The shadows are quite soft, and the shimmer is subtle, not too glittery so good for daytime. I am impressed with this and love the colors, so yes I would buy it again or it would make a nice stocking stuffer for someone also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by SMaj

My holy grail eyeshadows! Love the colours, especially the marshmallow shade (pinky one in the quad) as an all over shadow look, the shadows are super soft and so easy to apply with a blending brush or with fingers. This is the 2nd one I bought and the first one lasted me well over a year and I will definitely be repurchasing in future. Pros: Easy to apply, super soft, colours are stunning, Cons: expensive and a little dense

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by BeckyFluckanizm

good quality eyeshadows but veryyyy overpriced
you can get eyeshadows just as good for a cheaper price at the drugtore

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by katieewbyy

I was walking around looking for a good eyeshadow and I spotted this one in The Body Shop. It looked it really nice and the shimmer made me buy it, as well as the colours because I was looking for more serious colours (if you get me). The price shocked me alot but I decided to buy it anyway, just to try out something different. The packaging is really small but there is alot of eyeshadow in one single cube, which can be handy. When I got back home, I put the eyeshadow on straight away because I was going out, the colours looked a bit dark but I blended it nicely. When I got back home from going out, my eye lids were smudged and all there was on my eyelids was shimmer - no colour. I excpected it to stay on my eyes for a long time because of the price and the pigmintation, but no. After a long time of not using the product, the colours seemed to get darker and I don't know why, I put it on again and my eyes looked tired/like someone smacked me in the eye, so I stopped using it.
I would recommend this if you suit dark eyeshadow shades :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Nohinsara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The neutral colours in palette 6 are lovely, but I find these shadows no where near pigmented enough. The cake is very densely packed and loading the brush takes ages. Even with a fully loaded brush I don't get a lot of pigment, and my skin is quite fair, so usually it doesn't take much. For subtle looks this shadow works, but I am quite disappointed in the lack of pigmentation. Won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a gift from a friend and love it. Palette #06 has four flattering, warm-toned natural (browns family) shades that can be pulled out individually. The pigmentation is great on the darker shades and decent on the lighter ones. I thought, before opening, that these were going to be loose shadows and a total mess. However, they are compact like little sugar cubes, making them fun and totally convenient. The shadow is the SOFTEST in texture I've ever used (and I mean that as a compliment) yet thankfully there is little-to-no fallout. Goes on evenly, blends easily and then stays put. Despite having shimmer in the name, these aren't overwhelmingly glittery - the shimmer is very subtle (and quite pretty).

This is a great palette and I'm very pleased by the shades and the quality. Recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JoyaJay

I got this when it was on sale a looong time ago, and I'm still not even half way through. They're kinda expensive but they last you a lifetime. I use the taupe colour on a daily basis, it's just gorgeous. Not much of a fan of the orange/golden and rose colour though. They apply quite evenly and stay on all day long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have recently bought this product and can safely say I am in love. I am a huge lover of smokey eyes and this shimmer cube is amazing for achieving that. Although it was a little pricey, I love the colours, they are incredibly pigmented and you can literally do just about any kind of look with them, weather you want to go light or dark and sultry this will help you to achieve that. I also love the packaging, because on first glancing you would think that you won't get very much product for how much you are paying, but I can see these lasting me forever, because you get a lot in one pot and you don't need much product to make a really full on impact. I also really like how they are separated into little indivdual pots each, because they get less messy and don't end up mixing into each other like other palettes I own. The one thing I would say is that I'm not a huge fan of the orangey/gold colour, I think its the honeycomb one, just purely because I'm not a lover of that shade of eyeshadow, it looks okay when put into the inner corner of my eye, but I would say it is the wrong colour for my skin tone to be used all over the eye. However the other three I completely love. Would definitely recommend and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

This is hands down my FAVOURITE make up item of ALL TIME.

I've had my palette for YEARS, use it every time I apply make up (2 - 4 times a week) and still have so much product left. I honestly can't speak highly enough of the quality of these shadows. These are PERFECT for an every day neutral look, and can easily be used for a statement nighttime look. These colours suit EVERYONE! Here they are..

Honeycomb - the orangey copper colour. Amazing on blue eyes. So pigmented. Use it all over the lid and smoke it out, as it's not a dark colour it's perfectly appropriate for day time.
Marshmallow - the lightest champagney, peachy colour. I use this not only to highlight my brow bones but also to highlight my cheek bones and cupid's bow. For an understated look with a little shimmer I'll apply this all over my lid and use the next colour, Choc Chip, in my socket line for subtle definition.
Choc chip - beautiful silvery, muted brown.
Dark chocolate - deep, rich chocolatey brown. My FAVOURITE! It's SO pigmented and looks great on everyone! I've used this for filling in my brows for years.

WET YOUR BRUSH SLIGHTLY AND WATCH THE PIGMENT INTENSIFY!

The only thing I don't like about this product is that the plastic packaging is easily breakable.

Please note: all the shades have shimmer in them, so if you're looking for a matte palette this is not for you. But if you are... go buy this. NOW.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

These cubes are really something! Really easy to apply and blend, and the lasting power is really good, this looks great the entire day! Also, you get so much product, I've had mine for years now. Also I think this is the only palette I have that I actually use every color, they are so natural and chic and goes with everything! I can't seem to find anything bad to say about this palette, except that the small lids breaks quite easily, but I did lose them to the floor so I guess that ones on me.