BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2072 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

The product is easy to use and the tint is very natural. I think it doesn't clog up my pores like other powder or cream products since it's liquid?

But 1) perhaps where I live, the weather is hot and humid all year round, the product gets cloudy halfway through. I guess I just have to get a new bottle when it gets like that and 2) because of factor no1, it will be nice to have a smaller bottle (now I just buy the travel size but it's hard to find that size) so I don't have to face that problem anymore.

I feel so divided about this product. On the one hand, its cute, quirky (nail polish brush?!) and I actually have fun applying it. It's also made with real roses and smells divine (to me). The color is lovely - nice deep red. But unfortunately, it just doesn't last. I only use it for my cheeks. It's fairly buildable but no matter how many layers I apply, it wears off in no time (and I have dry skin). I only put it on bare skin after moisturising as I only use this stuff when I go to the shops with no foundation on so maybe it lasts better over foundation? But I prefer to use creme blush over foundation so this product doesn't work for my needs.

I don't even bother using it on the lips as its so drying, sits in cracks and just licks off.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product is a new addition to my makeup collection, but I love it already. I don't like heavy blush or lip looks (preferring the focus to be on my eyes instead) and this product is perfect for me. It's natural, but enhances your natural look. I loooove the smell (it smells like roses and I absolutely love roses!) and the colour blended really nicely on top of my foundation, without causing the foundation to clump. The colour was perfect on my lips too. I didn't like the brush applicator however - both my sister and I found it super ticklish!!! But at least it did the job! I am yet to test the longevity but I don't expect overly long wear from lip stains anyway so either way I won't be too disappointed!

In Australia, Benetint is $52. $52!
So no, I will not buy this product when I runout (I have the sample size) and there's other water based tints that offer the same performance as the Benefit for 1/10th of the price.

The main reason why I like this tint so much is due to the packaging. The brush applicator allows for smooth and easy navigation compared to the doe foot applicators on other lip tints but still not worth it for me to shell out $52 (i'll stick to my fingers and lip brush).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this!! Stays all day long on my Indian skin. Tried the tarte stain and it didn't last so replaced it with this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail cheek stain for me but terrible as a lip product - tastes disgusting and barely stains your lips. But I've been using it every day as blush for a couple of years and it gives a perfect, natural rosy red stain to the cheeks. I have trouble with powder blushers drying out or reacting on my sensitive skin, and BeneTint is perfect for me. Plus a bottle lasts forever - I've been using the same bottle for so long it's probably getting unhygienic... I love the rose scent too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

SIZE:i have the 4ml version, and have been using it daily for about a month on my lips (1-3 layers, depending on my mood) and have barely made a dent. also, where i live (Ireland) it's almost 3 times cheaper to buy the small 'sampler' size of 4ml than the larger 'normal' size, ounce for ounce, so i'm getting way more bang for my buck and i'm not going to be crying if it spills or gets lost!

LIPS:love it, as i said i wear it on my lips (1-3 layers) almost daily. perfect for work/school and can be very natural or really give an umph!

CHEEKS:meh :/ nothing special. don't apply after powder or thick/dry foundation. blend fast, and build it slowly or you'll have weird pink patches!

OVERALL:suitable for all skin types/colours, so a great gift, the small lasts ages and only cost 6.50 (euro) and although i don't love it on the cheeks i can make it work there, and i love it for my lips! it's a dream for underneath lipbalm/chapstick

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The color is beautiful - makes your lips look rosy pink and very natural looking as the formula completely absorbs into your lips as opposed to just sitting on top. Very long lasting as it is truly a stain. HOWEVER there is one very significant issue:

-Packaging is AWFUL. It's a lip product in a nail polish bottle with a nail polish brush. The brush is far too thin and unsuitable or its purpose (either for the lips or cheeks)

This is not moisturizing at all - as mentioned, it's a stain that completely absorbs into your skin so you need to layer on top with lip balm or something else if your lips are dry.

I like the product but would not repurchase because of the packaging alone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have all the tints and this is the only one that I use exclusively on my lips.
I use it by itself in layers..refresh with a balm a bit later.
I've layered it under and over existing lipstick..
I don't like the thin brush that it comes with at all.
I pour the Benetint (regular sized bottle) into my mini sample sized version. The mini size has a shorter, thicker brush that works a lot better.
I get why some people wouldn't like this...especially since the formula is so thin/watery compared to all the other tints.
I continue to repurchase but not as regularly as Posie Tint which is as good as it gets (for my cheeks)
I am interested in trying the Benebalm over this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

It's no holy grail product for me, but I really like it!

It gives a gorgeous and gentle bit of colour to the lips, that I think would suit any skin tone, and the staying power is fantastic; even when it does rub off a bit, it does so evenly, so still looks natural, which is great! It can also be built up very easily, which is great.

It does have some faults, though, part of why I've never dared attempt to use it on my cheeks...

•the brush- it's exactly like a nail varnish brush, which is quite hard to work with. The strands of the brush separate, making it very hard to guide the product, so I always have to use a lip liner (which involves blending, and ensuring a natural transition).
•formula- it's got a formula as viscous as water, and it dries very fast, so you have to be careful it doesn't run/is even, or you'll have a very hard time making it look even and non-patchy... Not ideal for on the go.
•moisture- the formula is quite drying, too. If your lips are remotely chapped, it will literally only stay on the chapped areas of your lips, and cling there massively. I have quite dry skin with big pores, so I wouldn't dream of using it on my cheeks.
•Price- it's very expensive for what it is, in my opinion... It doesn't take much product to get the results, so maybe it is good value, but I still struggle to justify paying over £20 for a tint. When I run out, I think I'll buy a gift set in order to get it again!

All in all a lovely product, you just have to be very conscious of the downfalls with it, though!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products