October 21, 2014 | 2027 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Caruso Steam Hairsetter

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jen680

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These steam rollers are amazing! I have stick straight, flat Asian hair. In the past I've used curling rods to give my hair some extra oomph, but it took me so long to curl my entire head. Caruso has changed my life! At first I thought it would be a complicated and long-winded process. But these rollers are so easy to apply.. just takes a few seconds for each roller to steam and it's easy to quickly roll your hair in and clip. I had bouncy, shiny, healthy looking waves in no time. On the downside, the packaging isn't the fanciest and it is old school, but I would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a quick and easy way to build volume and get curl in their hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I'm not sure which reviews this one is for since there seems to be more than one model out there. This review is for model #C97958

I love the curlers, and I once owned the old school original back in the very early 90's. It gave great results!

However THIS model, does not produce enough steam, and when turning on the normal "steam" button, it doesn't turn red. And when I click to the "IONIC Steam" button, it makes some sort of disfunctional "clicking" noise (as if something is not working right with the circuit breaker)..perhaps I just got a bad set (I did not buy it used although I did buy it from Amazon).

I probably should have purchased the "travel" set since when watching you tube videos, it looks like there is much more steam coming out and the girls showing tutorials seem to get good results just like my old school setter provided.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I bought a Caruso set because the reviews sounded promising, but I found I only used it a couple of times in the end. I've just ebayed it. It was a real faff to use, too high maintenance for me I'm afraid. It also didn't give my (fine, long, highlighted) hair as much of a curl as I'd hoped - it just left it slightly turned under at the ends, which is nice but not enough of a result after all of that hard work. Thumbs down from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by KDReese23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Iím African American with relaxed hair and like many African American women, Iím on a mission to finally grow my hair long. I have extremely dry hair and have to moisturize it twice a day sometimes so needless to say I desperately need to stay away from heat if I want to retain any length. BUT I love volume and curls so I usually have to wet set my hair to get the volume and moisture that I like. HOWEVER unfortunately that doesn't always give me the body that I like so I was constantly searching for a remedy. I kept hearing about these steam rollers that apparently were no new phenomenon to most people but I myself had never heard of them. I watched several YouTube videos and read countless reviews (Iím kind of fanatic that way) and most of the reviews were favorable so I decided to give them a try.

LOVE THESE ROLLERS!! I try to work out pretty regularly so I subsequently end up washing my hair a lot and who wants to wet set their hair 2-3 times weekly? No one! So what I did was wash/condition my hair, wrapped it wet, let it air dry overnight, then applied the rollers this morning. I let them sit in for about 10 minutes, kinda fingered combed them initially, and then finished it off with a wide-tooth comb. So pretty! I really like a loose curl and thatís exactly what I have. I sprayed a small amount of Pantene Flexible Hold because my hair is super fine and doesnít hold much volume without it. I just checked in the restroom at work and my curls/volume are still intact! Iíd definitely recommend them.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by soccergirl272

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WARNING: One reviewer suggested to add setting lotion into the water of the unit. DO NOT DO THIS! The chemicals made the steam EXTREMELY hot and I got a really bad burn plus it releases TOXINS into the air! I can't find the review saying this right now but I think I saw it on the other page with Caruso reviews.. ANYWAY..

Caruso: Stop making these so crappy! This is completely overpriced..
The quality of this product isn't the same anymore. Plus, the quality isn't consistent meaning some people get a unit that works for a year or two and others get one that works for a week and breaks.

I have fine, thin, curl resistant hair. Regular rollers have never worked for me and curling irons work for a couple hours tops before my hair goes flat and frizzy again.
However, the steam concept is a great one. I just used this for the first time and I was so hopeful and excited but I ended up extremely dissapointed. My hair just came out slightly wavy, not much body. I believe if I experiment more with hairspray and maybe more steam I'll get better results so Im gonna keep trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by blueeyescppw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these! My hair doesn't like to hold a curl but it lasts and lasts with these. And no damage! They're super easy once you get the hang on steaming one while rolling your hair with one...and I am not very good at doing my hair usually. I really recommend these.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by alexia924

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product.it makes your hair curl without damage.actually i feel my hair is softer after using it.i use jumbo and large size for my medium long hair .It gives you a beautiful natural curl all day long,i only put a little bit leave on conditioner on the curls to make it neat.and the second day i can still have the curls on the ends.how nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by MissRoxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used the Caruso steam hair setter for 20 years with absolutely beautiful results. My secret is to;
a.) evenly apply Giovanni mousse into damp or dry hair, allow to air dry (or lightly blow dry on cool)
b.) steam rollers for 5 seconds
c.) roll
d.) let dry completely.
I believe that more than any other step, the 'allow to dry completely' is what locks in the curl.
If I am having a leisurely morning, I just leave the rollers in for an hour or two until dry. Alternately, I sometimes remove the roller, reroll it into shape and use two bobby pins to pin the curl and let dry completely. Unpin, style and finish with a touch of hairspray.
If I am on a schedule, after 15 minutes of set, I blow dry under the roller covers on cool temp. setting. for a few minutes to insure that each is dry. Then remove rollers and style, finishing with just a touch of hairspray.
The steps are actually a lot quicker than they sound.
I leave the curls in for three days before I wash and condition.
Through experience I have found that the first day of steam setting my hair gives me soft curls and just a little body. If I curl again on the second day, the curls are firmer with medium body at the roots. On the third day, I usually wear it in an updo or brush it out into beautiful waves.
I hope that this review helps someone. Love to you all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ShirlynnFusion

Back to the store it goes.

I needed something that wouldnt damage my hair. I have long thick hair. Wendislookbook made me want one so I gave it a go. It curled but only last an hour. It's straight again. Yes, I used hairspray.

Back to the iron I go.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by MEOCISFAB123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this...my hair looks amazing, finally! I've bought practically every hot roller set, foam/velcro rollers, curling irons, round brush (U name it) and this is the best. I actually found out about it on here...so after i read the reviews, i ran out to sally's and got my own. I also purchased the addition jumbo roller set because I only wanted soft curls with volume, not tight curls. The first time i used it, i hated it. My hair was frizzy and flat. But, I figured that i was was using too much steam,I was actually wetting my hair.The key to using these rollers is to only place the rollers under the steam for NO MORE than 4 seconds. Otherwise, they get saturated and they wont work. I also used lottabody setting lotion (another Sally buy) to set the curls, waited 15-20 minutes and then I was good to go. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No