Blistex Blistex Medicated Mint Balm

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/25/2015 4:10:00 PM

I love this lip balm. Especially for the price. A lot of lip balms are waxy and leave a thick layer on your lips but I like how this is lighter and blends well. I actually prefer this to Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm because it's medicated and actually DOES something. A lot of the natural brands are great for everyday moisturizing but when you have chapped lips or even in winter to prevent chapped lips you need something a little more. Plus this also contains SPF 15.

on 12/19/2014 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite lip balm. Not just drugstore favorite but ALL TIME favorite. I use it every day, every 2-3 hours. It leaves my lips tingly, soft, and minty. Doesn't have that waxy feel and doesn't leave a weird glaze over my lips. It goes on and blends in nicely. Easy little tube and a great price for such an effective lip balm. Definitely worth getting, it's great quality for good value.

on 11/3/2014 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have been using this lip balm off and on for years. I have a couple more expensive brands that I really like but since I have a bad habit of misplacing my lip balms, this is the one I always go back to.

I keep 1 in my purse, 1 in my desk drawer, 1 in my bathroom drawer and 1 on my night stand. I used to keep 1 in my car but had a bad experience when it warmed up and the lip balm melted all over my center console. Ewww!

I always make sure to use this right before bed and wake up with baby soft lips. My (ex)husband used to comment about how soft my lips always were and when I mentioned that I used this at night he started using it to protect his lips from cold outdoor weather.

This is so reasonably priced that I have no problem buying several tubes at once. Like I mentioned, I'm always losing my lip balms but at less than $1.50 each I have no problem replacing the lost ones. I have tried the non mint one but I find I like the slight tingle that the mint gives me. Plus it smells so good!

on 2/21/2014 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It has been snowing everyday in New York and my lips have been peeling and chapping!

on 10/20/2013 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! My lips were so dry and chapped but in only a few days they were healed. My HG lip balm . I do have to keep reapplying it but that is the case no matter what I use. I definitely recommend it!

on 10/3/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Even though it's peppermint, it doesn't burn my lips when they're winter chapped. It's smooth and soft and I love it more than Chapstick or Burt's Bees or anything else. My HG lip balm - there's one in my purse, in my car, on my key chain and next to my computer.

on 10/3/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my go to lip balm <3 I have tried burts bees, Chapstick, EOS, Carmex, etc... And this is my absolute favorite! I have the non minty one and have tried the minty one and it seems to be the same but I was recovering my lips from terrible EOS and needed a super hydrating lip balm and this did it in no more than 2 days. They also sell it at my local dollar tree so it cost literally a dollar and works better than the $4 EOS ever will. My lips don't peel or get chapped anymore and I love it <3 my lip balm until death.

on 6/20/2013 10:08:00 PM

this is my HG lip balm! moisturizing, protects lips from the sun, nice cooling minty scent and only $1.25 at dollarama. I choose this over burt's bees, lobello's, chapstick, eos, etc.

on 6/18/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this, minus the mint flavor. It is just a dark teal colored tube.

I tend to chew/bite my lips alot and wanted to get that,healed smooth look. So I went to my target and found this in the lip care aisle. And upon seeing it had the word ”medicated” on it, and was only $1, I decided to try it out!

It doesn't have any particular taste, and has just a slight mediciney smell.

After the first few days of using it, I noticed the center of my bottom lip began peeling. And what did peel was white.I'm not sure if this is part of my lips' healing process, because before it can go away, I chew a bit of it off! Each time! So yes, this happens after each couple uses. So I'll have to stop chewing and see what happens.

But overall, it's a good product. Though I will not be repurchasing because I want to try something new. But do give it a shot!

I really like this product, it works for me. I tend to have very dry lips a lot of the time, so I need a lip balm that effectively hydrates my lips (quickly). I often apply it before bed so when I wake up my lips are not dry and I usually still have some on in the morning! When you first apply it you immediately feel a cooling effect because it is medicated. This to me shows it is working on my lips, I like it. I have tried other brands but seem to like this one most of all. The minty smell is nice and not too overpowering. My local dollar store carries the product so it is quite inexpensive.

Popular Lip Treatments