Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil

4.6

Stearic Acid, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, Mineral Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Tocopherol, Talc, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.

on 6/28/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very good retractable brow pencil, albeit expensive. As someone else mentioned, the lead is thin, much like Dior's universal brow pencil, but this comes in more colors. It lasts well and it's easy to draw short feathery strokes that mimic the natural look of eyebrow hair. I didn't notice the scratchiness others complained of, but I admit that there are softer pencils. (Hourglass, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown.)

Unfortunately, because of the horrible lighting at Bloomingdales, I bought the wrong damn color.

I really regret buying Warm Blonde, which should really be called Strawberry Blonde, because it's the perfect color for redheads. This would have been great for me 4 years ago before I started bleaching my hair. But now it's the wrong color, way too orange, and I wish I had bought something else instead. Ash Blonde is actually not ashy green, so it probably would have been the right thing to buy to match my hair. However, if you have red hair, I can heartily recommend Warm Blonde as your color.

I might be willing to buy again but I would buy a different color next time. And with blonde hair, I am better off with MAC Fling (which is a lot cheaper) or Mally Beauty 24/7 Brow Express in Taupe (which is also cheaper).

on 6/3/2015 9:03:00 AM

I have this pencil in brunette and, unlike what some other reviewers have found, I think it's probably the only brown eyebrow pencil I've tried that hasn't been too warm-toned. On me, this is an ashy, almost grey-brown colour, which is exactly what I need to make them look as natural as possible after my unfortunate bout of intense over-plucking when I was about thirteen.
I couldn't survive without this because my brows have always been something I'm self-conscious about, so it pains me that such an expensive brow pencil is one I know I'll have to keep repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great brow pencil but runs out so quickly!!Super thin lead, looks like real hair once applied. Perfect for filling tiny gaps without looking overdone. Very fine packaging, lead breaks easily if you carry it around, runs out quickly also. I'd love to see this with a cap or tiny travel case, also needs to be sold with a refill or in a double pack as it's just too expensive to keep re purchasing. If I use it everyday I'd be out within a month- not to mention using it in my kit. Personally I use the brunette colour on almost everyone, it adjusts beautifully and looks natural with almost any hair colour.
Shame about packaging and running out so fast because it really is the best brow pencil I've ever used- no competition.

on 10/3/2014 5:39:00 AM

Can someone please do the swatch for me of KA eye brow pencil ash blonde? Or does anyone knows any dupes? Maybe shiseido BR704 is the closest? I love KA pencil however they face the same problem. i got two pencils: amount of product is TINY. It will last for a month or so. Application though and colour is just so so natural and perfect. Big problem- two times the inside of pencil just felt out and i could not be able to find it. As i reading lots are facing the same problem. But the pencil is excellent. Nr1 in market for blondes

on 8/19/2014 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

This may be a mean-spirited review, but I loved this brow product and it let me down...THREE TIMES. I love most Kevyn Aucoin products I have tried, and the same went for this when I first bought it, in Brunette. A couple of weeks after purchasing, I was out and about with my makeup bag with me. The next morning when I got it out to apply this product, I found it had mysteriously broken. I couldn't wind any product up no matter how much I tried - it had completely broken, for no reason I could think of other than being gently carried around. I took it back to the store (Space NK), they replaced it, and a couple of months later, it happened again with the new one. As I didn't have the original receipt and I had been using it for a while (although it hadn't run out before) I couldn't get it replaced. I did repurchase this one more time, this time in Blonde, and this one was so hard and scratchy I could hardly get any colour to show on my brows and applying it actually hurt!

The reasons I liked this product enough to go through three, despite it being very expensive, is that the application (with the exception of my dodgy Blonde one) was fantastic. It's a fairly hard formula meaning you get the right amount of colour for very natural, non-drawn-on brows. I also really liked the colours. I'm blonde and fair but actually preferred Brunette as it wasn't too dark, just gave great definition. I also hate warm-toned brow products which I think usually look unnatural, and both Brunette and Blonde were lovely and taupey and neutral - even a little ashy. They looked great.

If you are considering this pencil I would recommend the Shu Uemura brow liner which also has great application and a similar wind-up mechanism.I think the Kevyn Aucoin Brunette colour is similar to Shu's famous Seal Brown shade, and I used the Shu liner up completely without it breaking! I have discovered you can get a refill for the Shu brow liner which is obviously better than having to throw it out. So I will definitely not be repurchasing this KA product.

on 8/9/2014 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Omg best eyebrow pencil EVER!
Everyone need this in their life!!
Each stroke drawn with the pencil with the fin tip looks like a single strand of hair!!

Seriously amazing and highly recommend!!!

on 7/22/2014 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the scratchiest, roughest eyebrow pencils I've ever used. I'll stick with MAC!

on 7/6/2014 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the only brow pencil I use and I think it's great. One of my eyebrows is perfect and the other is a nightmare and I use this to even them out. One tip though, only wind up a tiny but of product or you risk breaking the lead. Yes it's pricey but I think it's worth it. Also, I get it from Snet and the price on there is only a couple of bucks more than the Almay pencil is at my local Priceline.

on 5/13/2014 7:45:00 AM

I do like this eyebrow pencil (I have it in brunette) as it gives a natural finish, but it has a reddish undertone which doesn't really suit my hair color (black- the lady at the store told me that I could build it up to make it darker to suit me; shouldn't have listened!). It also breaks really easily!! I think I will stick to my Chanel one....

I have pretty thin/sparse eyebrows that need some filling in. I have tried literally dozens of options over the years, and this is the one that I have repurchased the most. I am probably on my 6th or 7th one of these by now.

It gives the most realistic look I've come across. It is indeed precise, the color is pretty spot on (I buy the brunette, it's a touch dark for me but it's still the best I've found) and it wears very well. Lasts all day until I take it off. I have tried the blonde color and it's just too light. I do wish there was a color inbetween - that would be perfect, I think. At least it does not have that bizarre red undertone that so many brow products do. My hair is a warmish light brown, for reference.

The only drawbacks are the price, and the scant amount you get for the price. If the 'lead' inside breaks off, it can fall out and you've just wasted some money. So the packaging could be better. But these drawbacks are not enough to keep me from repurchasing. I'd be bummed if they stopped making these!

Popular Brows Products