July 31, 2014 | 1915 users online

Brows - Kevyn Aucoin - The Precision Brow Pencil

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

This is one of the scratchiest, roughest eyebrow pencils I've ever used. I'll stick with MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by SmillaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only brow pencil I use and I think it's great. One of my eyebrows is perfect and the other is a nightmare and I use this to even them out. One tip though, only wind up a tiny but of product or you risk breaking the lead. Yes it's pricey but I think it's worth it. Also, I get it from Snet and the price on there is only a couple of bucks more than the Almay pencil is at my local Priceline.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by stephwong85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do like this eyebrow pencil (I have it in brunette) as it gives a natural finish, but it has a reddish undertone which doesn't really suit my hair color (black- the lady at the store told me that I could build it up to make it darker to suit me; shouldn't have listened!). It also breaks really easily!! I think I will stick to my Chanel one....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

I have pretty thin/sparse eyebrows that need some filling in. I have tried literally dozens of options over the years, and this is the one that I have repurchased the most. I am probably on my 6th or 7th one of these by now.

It gives the most realistic look I've come across. It is indeed precise, the color is pretty spot on (I buy the brunette, it's a touch dark for me but it's still the best I've found) and it wears very well. Lasts all day until I take it off. I have tried the blonde color and it's just too light. I do wish there was a color inbetween - that would be perfect, I think. At least it does not have that bizarre red undertone that so many brow products do. My hair is a warmish light brown, for reference.

The only drawbacks are the price, and the scant amount you get for the price. If the 'lead' inside breaks off, it can fall out and you've just wasted some money. So the packaging could be better. But these drawbacks are not enough to keep me from repurchasing. I'd be bummed if they stopped making these!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have tried many brow pencils. I generally go for the blonde ones however many show up red or gold and look plain weird. This guy just looks natural. I have no idea how it does it but I just go over my brows and they magically appear thicker, more defined yet never drawn on. Serious Dark Arts here.
My only gripe would be the small amount of product comapred to other brow pencils but hey I will always buy 'cause it is so bloody good!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by omamaamansikka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
Ultrafine tip
Natural colour (even on blondes like me)
Excellent consistency for a natural application (not too firm, definitely not too soft)
Luxe packaging (elegant, delicate and classy)
Great brush at the end, which is discreetly capped

CONS:
Most would say the price, but for me I consider this product great value for money

I bought this online from Mecca Cosmetica while living in the Middle East and had a friend post it to me. I am so glad I did, I really love this product and recommend it highly.

Easily the best brow product I have used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Kevyn Aucoin's precision brow pencil in blonde. I have darker hair but the blonde has been very natural looking for my brows and I could apply with more force if I wanted darker color.

I am super, super picky when it comes to brow products. I can't tell why because most of them don't work for me. Right now I have found 3 holy grail brow pencil products and I don't see anytime in the future when I will give any of them up.

This applies really easily, using very little product. I love that it is self sharpening. It looks totally natural. I tend to apply a little brown pencil and then fill in the rest of my somewhat sparse brows with light brown eye shadow.

I will definitely repurchase when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm reluctant to be one of those people who overstates trivial things, but this seriously changed my life. Ok... sorry I just did that. I had my makeup done at Mecca for a night out, and the lady told me how amazing this product was and showed me how to use it. Since that day I cannot live without this pencil. I noticed I was running out (I probably had a good week of pencil left) and I pretty much ran to Mecca to buy a back up. Having never had the dexterity to do my eyebrows before, I just never bothered. I now love them.

As for the product, I think there is one shade, brunette. I used this for an entire year before realising there was a brush at the other end, because I was trying so hard to be careful not to break it. That said, I believe it has come down in price, and is now $39, so I ripped the end off to discover a great little brush.

The colour is fantastic, I think it would suit a lot of people. I just use feathery strokes and it looks really natural, it just frames the face beautifully and there is no powdery look or stencilled on feel either. If you've been contemplating this, all I can say is that I absolutely love it and will repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by madamlasher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Colour: Brown
Purchased: Syd Aus

I really love this brow pencil as it's build-able and natural looking. It really enhances my eye brows and makes them look well manicured. The colour is perfect for my brows, it's a rather neutral cool brown. The brush on the end is handy and helps soften the lines.
But it's rather expensive $50AUD for a small amount so I really only use it for special occasions and use something cheaper for everyday.
It would be ideal if you could get the pencil without the brush for a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Romanybriannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down the best brow pencil on the market. I have been using it for a few years now and it never fails to impress. Last year it was out of stock for a few months and I had to try and compensate with other brow pencils but nothing even came close. My eye brows are blonde but I like them darker so I use the brunette shade. I also have very fine hair due to over plucking when I was younger but this pencil corrects and perfects my eye brows in seconds. I don't know how I lived without it when it went out of stock but I always make sure I have a spare in case that problem ever arises again!