December 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Sun Smackers SPF 24

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in lemon lime rush, and a couple other smells I forgot the names of. It doesn't seem to moisturize as well as the regular lip smackers products. Smells awesome though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

From the looks of the earlier reviews on this product, the SPF version has been around for quite sometime. However, I just found it this past spring. Perhaps I had been looking in the wrong place. I had avoided buying Bonne Bell Lipsmackers for a long time because I kept saying that they needed to come out with an SPF version. I won't wear lip balm outdoors or in the office (flourescent lights can damage skin, too) unless it contains an SPF.

I've long been a fan of these little gems. My cousin bought me my first full size Lipsmacker in Dr. Pepper when I was 14. It was one of the huge containers that you could hang around your neck. It tasted and smelled yummy and lasted forever. I eventually graduated to the smaller sizes, delighting in each and every one.

Sadly, this particular version comes with tons of flaws. Instead of having a flat cap like the regular version, Bonne Bell decided to make the inside of the cap pointed so that the top outside portion can hang on a necklace. When the product is pushed up even slightly, something about the opening and closing mechanism of the unit creates a strange airlock, and the exposed product gets stuck and 'molded' inside the weird cap. When I open the unit to get more product, the airlock breaks the product inside the cap, leaving it a mushy mess for me to fish out with either my little finger, nail, paperclip, etc. I don't like pot lipglosses, so I'm not about to take the whole thing and squash it into a container. I like being able to apply on a whim, and I keep a stash of lippies in a basket at my desk at work. Grab and go is how I work. Also, when I actually get the top back on the container, what's left around the edge of the cap squirts out the underside of the cap. I have to wipe it off with a tissue every time. This wastes product. Also, for some reason, the formula for this particular SPF version tends to crumble into pieces really easily, thus creating an even further mess. Perhaps I just bought a really old package - I don't know. This is mostly happening with the Power Punch flavor, but it is also happening with the Strawberry Splash flavor. I gave my friend the 3rd one in the pack so that when she went on her cruise, she would have sun protection for her lips. I think that one was Kiwi Berry. I hope she had better luck with it.

I don't plan to buy more of the SPF Bonne Bell products. I think that in designing the SPF formula, they had to compromise on quality and softness. Also, the cap's design needs to be thought out a little better. I will probably throw out what remains of the ones I have. If I do buy anymore Bonne Bell, it will be the ones without SPF and I will use at bedtime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I finally found the SPF trio. I have been looking everywhere for them in stores. I got the Kiwi Berry Crush, Cool Strawberry Orange, Lemon Lime Rush trio. I think they are the newest flavors. Strawberry Orange and Kiwi Berry are my favorites, but they are all quite nice. They have a soft texture, which combined with sun protection makes them perfect to wear under glosses and lipsticks. Its hard to beat the scent and price for what you're getting. Not to mention, SPF 24 is pretty hard to find for lip products. As everyone knows, you definitely should wear lip protection year around, especially if you are a lip gloss afficionado. So, turns out I was way ahead of myself in third grade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Tristessa20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these, but I can't seem to find them around anymore. I love the texture. These seem even smoother than regular lip smackers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by KittyScritches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mmm, Mountain Berry... :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 9:08:00 PM More reviews by VoteForPedro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do they still sell these? I used to own a few, and I didn't really like any of them, except the watermelon one, which I lost. Oh, well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by bebeqirl

I love this chapstick! I have this in Strawberry Icicle and it smells divine! Everytime I put this on, the person next to me in class always wonders what the wonderful smell is and I tell them its my chapstick. I love how this has sunscreen in it too. I've got my friends hooked on this stuff too. I can't wait to try the other flavors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2004 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

Its being summer and all, your neighborhood lip-gunk junkie had to try this cute li'l set of three flavors: Strawberry Icicle, Bubble Gum Ice Cream, and Mountain Berry. Comes with a clip/keyring combo. The strawberry is my fave strawberry balm of all; the flavor is very intense and not artificial. You can smell it on yourself for several minutes after application. The other flavors are pretty nice, too. I like this Bubble Gum lots better than the original BG Smacker, which to me smells more like Ben-Gay. Sun protection without a whitish look: yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2004 5:20:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just got these in strawberry icicle, mountain berry and bubblegum ice cream. They came in a triple pack with a turquoise clip for the cap(s). Cool. I really like the scents, and the flavors aren't obtrusive. Nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2004 3:14:00 AM More reviews by jmar8176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the idea of SPF in this gloss.I have the Bubblegum Ice Cream gloss.I gave the other ones in the package away to my sister.I can't stand the smell or taste of this.This actually dries out my lips though the regular smackers doesn't.Looks like it's back to my Dr.Pepper smacker.