October 25, 2014 | 1148 users online

Treatments (Face) - Yves Saint Laurent - YSL Instant Pur Gommage sans grain

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't get 5 bc of the exorbitant price, but fabulous stuff! I use it once a month. Clears out impurities and helps with dry patches. Skin feels baby soft. I love the way it melts into the skin and you can just tissue it off. European wax center has a comparable exfoliant at 1/3 the price, but this is still the better product. I just wish it weren't so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Nice luxury exfoliator to have. Smells great, extremely gentle exfoliation of the skin and leaves the face moisturized. I like the smell and ingredients. The gel to oil transformation on the face is a pretty nifty process.

As for continually repurchasing this, it won't happen. It's a nice luxury to have, but definitely for people with extremely sensitive skin or who just need the absolute minimum in exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Kati3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favourite skin products. I think it may be discontinued though - does anyone know? Luckily I bought two last time so I think that will last me for years.
Leaves my skin soft, moisturised and glowing, removes loose flaky skin but doesn't deeply exfoliate.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by vic2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great little product but I have to agree with previous reviews.While it feels luxurious and will leave your skin soft as silk, the exfoliating power is close to zero.
I am lucky, I have pretty good skin , I don't need much exfoliation- and when I do I use my dermalogica or clarins anyway- so this is just for when I feel lazy and don't want my face covered in white.
I just use 2 sized peas and hop in the shower with it. I like that I have it in small tube, so it help getting the right amount out, which incidently is very small for the whole face and neck.
In terms of texture, this remind me strongly of another product I use- the Annayake creme de massage, but this one has its own league entirely for its benefits.
I hear the price is quite expensive, but can't comment since I got my supply ( 20 tubes of 15 ml) for a mere $10.
And since one of these 15 ml tube last quite a while ( still using tube #1, and it's been 5 months@once a week) I suspect I will never have to buy it ever again.
It is nice, and won't irritate your skin, will leave it soft and glowing, but I'll only recommend it to people who don't need deep exfoliation, becaue then you'd be wasting your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by bliss09

Great exfoliator which left my face so smooth and glowing after using. However, took away a lippie cuz I do not like the strong fragrant, felt that I could taste it on my lips after washing it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sofi786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP, but id been uoset if i spent any money on this item. It feels good, I love using it, but not for what it does, just how it feels. Its a very gentle exfo, but really there is no exfo going on! lol

Its not worth the money, cheaper drug store is way better and effective.

If you have the money to spare then its a treat, don't expect it to work wonders

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me tell you the truth. This product definitely isn't scrub of any kind, just thick oil cleanser. We all know how oil cleansers are effective at removing makeup, debris and stuff, but they certainly can't exfoliate.
So if you think you need to spend so much for beautiful packed oil cleanser that is rather thick than runny, then go for it. But still you won't convince this is a scrub, because it is not. :-)
Hope I have helped someone to spare some valuable earned money:-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

How it feels on the skin: luxurious
How it smells: amazing
How innovative the product is: 5 out of 5
How it exfoliates: zero!

it is more of a treatment for people who have barely any need for exfoliation. Will not work on dry patches, and on dry areas around the nose. If you have very dry and fine skin though, you might give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by elfe99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only exfoliator that doesn't irritate my super dry, eczema-prone skin. Leaves my skin smooth but not stripped, and does the same for my friend whose complection is quite oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use a stronger scrub once a week, especially when my skin is dry, and I use this once a week. It is really gentle and does not irritate my skin at all. It's great for the summer or when on vacation and I don't feel like I need a heavy duty scrubbing. When I first purchased this I thought it was kind of expensive for the size tube but mine has lasted me for what feel like forever so it was worth the price. I will buy it again when I'm out.