September 30, 2014 | 1806 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - Cheekers Blush in Natural Shimmer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

I bought this thinking it was going to be a great neutral blush and it went on way to shimmery and I shunned this product for a year or two. Then I suddenly I looked at the name and realized it is probably for highlighting! Those who are really pale would like this, but for those who have color should just this as a highlighter.
Well anyway, I started using this as a highlighter and I love this way more than my other two highlighters (HC Glow All the Way and Maybelline Dream Lumi).
I use a foundation brush to put it on since the brush is smaller than the one it came with and it gave me more of a precise hand. I use this on my on top my cheekbones, my nose, my cupid's bow, and my chin. This stayed on longer than my other top and I didn't have to blend it as much! It went on like a blush and not like a concealer or foundation.
This really did live up to its name, Natural Shimmer! It gives you a great shimmer without looking you packed on glitter! Will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a super cute highlighter shade and works well alongside a blush. I love using this in the summer months when I only need to use a little amount of makeup. It is light and adds a pop of shimmer. I wish the staying power was better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blush is almost a cross between and pressed powder and a bronzer. It gives any skin tone a lovely glow without being too fake-tan looking. Great for easy summer makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

This is similar to Snow Plum, except it's more neutral toned. It makes a good highlighter, or a very light blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I'm a MAC NC30 and this works well on me. It's a bit too light, but it works wonderfully and adds a nice healthy glow to your look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read on MUA that this blush is good for people who already have rosy cheeks so I thought I'd check it out. I'm not a blush person at all - I usually just use bronzer as a blush. I have alot of redness on my face from rosacea and I find it difficult to find a nice balance between covering the redness and not looking too ghostly and washed out. This blush did such a nice job of blending in my red cheeks while giving me a little bit of a soft glow.
On my pale skin 'd say that this acts like something between a highlighter and a blush. On people who aren't so pale, I'd imagine that this would be more like a highlighter. I've been looking for something like this for such a long time that I'd given up hope that it existed! I was usually looking in the highlighters rather than the blushes though.

The powder itself is not very high quality and is not very pigmented so I had to swipe my brush over and over to pick up enough color. I really wish that there was a higher quality version of this blush, but I will definitely repurchase this cheap CG blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by yummykeylimepie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After experimenting with many different blush shades I think I may have hit on the right one for me.
I have a lot of redness in my cheeks and every color seemed to make me look like a clown or just enhanced my redness.
This blush doesn't really have a colour ( if that makes any sense) but it does give a nice 'natural glow' to my cheeks, ( I'm an nw20 for reference), and makes the redness in my cheeks look like a natural and pretty blush.
If I feel I need more colour then I have tried using a light bronzer underneath and that seems to work.
For the price it can't be beat and I actually like the brush that comes with it.
I did take off one lippie for the fragrance though. It does fade out but it would be better if it were unscented. However, I wouldn't not purchase it because of that.
I would recommend that any ladies who are afraid of blush due to redness try this. At this price, under $5.00 CAD, what have you got to lose.
A great find and will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This is very pretty! Its a great highlighter, but works as a cheek color when you want a lit from within look. Many, many highlighters have an iridescence which is flattering at times, but not always. Some are so shimmery with light reflected on them you barely see skin. This is much more subtle, a pale peach more on the cool side than now, no frost per se, nor shimmer, but a "gleam." Very pretty.

Yeah the brush stinks, the scent is old school Noxema which dissipates upon wearing, but you know the drill by now, ditch most any DS brush that comes with a compact and get on with it already!;) Cheap, long lasting, both in the amt you get and on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jldroz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ill first say its not that I wouldnt buy a cheekers blush again, I wouldnt buy this shade again. I own other cheekers shades and have no complaints about the blush - it provides great color, lasts, and is affordable.

In the pan this looks like a light peach/nude color (definitly not peachy pink - which is what I was trying to avoid) and I was looking for a light peach blush. However, once I started applying it I saw absolutely no color on my face. It did leave a bit of shimmer (maybe thats why its called natural shimmer) and made my skin look slightly lit up, but I woudlnt even go as far as to call it a highlighter. Overall it was a big fail.

I'm contemplating returning it and getting Hard Candy's baked blush in Honeymoon Peach.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Not sure what I was thinking when I got this. I'm an NC35, and this does NOT show up on me at all. Invisible, making it pretty much useless as a blush for me. I like Cover Girl blushes a lot but they have to be pigmented and a little deeper to work. I can't use this to highlight anything either. Probably works for other skin tones (obviously people like it on here) but it's too light to do much of anything. Maybe if I want a realllly natural look for daytime...:/