August 28, 2014 | 1673 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Baked Collection - Baked Berries

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by thatbub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this one along with baked sugar and baked sand. The other two are amazing, very blendable and good pigmentation. But this one has a weak ability to show its colors. Plus, the light purple one even dropped off from the palette. and I bought this from Kmart in Sydney. Cost me $20. Not cheap. I don't think I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

I received these eyeshadows in a swap and had forgotten about them until recently. These colors are perfect for my brown eyes - I've been using the pink shade as an all-over base color/highlighter, the lighter brown on my lid and the dark brown in the crease and sometimes as eyeliner. The colors are so pretty and natural for daytime when used dry. They just give my eyes a really put together look for work. The texture is really nice and I love how they have a shimmer without being overly sparkly. I haven't applied them wet but will update if I do. I think these are great coordinating colors that would work well for most eyecolors.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great trio, I love to wear it for a mellow day to day look, and do so often. Then if you need a little more drama you can just get them wet! It's nice to be able to build from nearly sheer to quite dark.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would give this a 3.5 if I could. I think used dry this eyeshadow is pretty useless, unless you want a super sheer almost nonexistant look. If applied wet I love how these look. The colors are go together great and I like the metallic shine without actual shimmer. Lasting power isn't bad but not wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this product. It comes with three shadows, that look a bit metallic. One shade is about a taupe color with a hint of purple kicked in. The whiteish shade, looks a bit pinkish and looks very metallic. The last shade is very plum/purple and is the darkest of the three. Sorry about the descriptions of the colours, I'm not so good at describing. Anyways, the colors are so-so pigmented. Not very much pigment, but enough that it still shows up--a little. So it's good if your looking for a very subtle look. I tend to like pigmented eyeshadows, like MUFE, MAC or Urban Decay, so I always look at pigmentation. If you place this on dry, it's VERY subtle and looks almost barely there, but again better pigmentation then other drugstore brand shadows. Putting a primer underneath, you get a getter color pay off and if using it dry I highly recommend that you use a primer, since this doesn't have very good lasting power. Putting on wet, it looks great! BUT, I noticed that the colors start to fade within a couple of hours and after a about 9 hours, it's barely there. So yes, it looks great applied wet, right after you do it, but it doesn't last. And the eyeshadows breaks like crazy! *sigh* so, I'm not very happy about this purchase. It's been sitting in my makeup chest without being touched for along time, but I'll try it again and if there's anything that I can add about it later, I will update. But for now, this is something I won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this product. When you apply the eye shadow wet, it looks absolutely amazing. I will always have one of this compacts in my purse depending on the season. The only issue that I have had is that the shadows tend to come apart. But that does not keep me from buying the shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

Maybe it's just me, but I looove the packaging of this product. It's just so cute! Love how 3D it is. :)
3 really metallicy looking colors, not very glittery, but definitely is luminous looking.
I love the lightest cream color, great for highlighting or just an all over color, it is a cream with a pinkish purpley sheen. The middle color, is a warm taupe with a copper sheen, and the darkest color is REALLY pigmented so a little will go a long way. This color is a mauvy plum with a dark reddish/brick sheen to it.
These look really cute dry, but you turn up the drama a lot when these are wet, and I love it, they look really dramatic but the colors don't make it too over the top.
I uploaded some pictures and swatches.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I've tried several of the shades from the Baked Collection and the quality can be inconsistent. Some are readily blendable and pigmented but others seem to give off hardly any pigment. I've discovered that with some of them, you either have to use them wet for color payoff, or rough up the outer layer of the dome to get to the soft useable stuff underneath. Don't know why that is--maybye some of these "baked" too long, lol. Interestingly enough, the "luminous matte" version of these baked shadows (pyramid shapes instead of domes) have incredible pigment and are very finely milled. I prefer the matte ones dry, and the shimmer ones wet.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah--Baked Berries. I have these in the shimmer formula and it comes with a medium silvery/ taupey plum, a light iridescent pink that reminds me of MAC's Shimmertime pigment, and the deepest color is a gorgeous silvery deep plum. I bought the trio for this color, and ironically this is the color that immediately fell out of it's package--more on packaging flaws later. . .
I use them wet so the staying power is pretty great--color goes on strong and stays true for most of the day. I find them easy to blend, even wet, and I like how these purpley colors look on my brown eyes.
I won't buy Baked Berries again because the colors are just a little too cool for me to want to wear very often, but I will check out other shades in this line because they're a pretty good drugstore find.
One lippy off for the ridiculous packaging though. The domes of shadow tend to fall out--at one store nearly every package I looked at had 1 or 2 free-floating domes. That being the case I have to treat this with kid gloves--making sure I don't drop it, invert it, be too rough, etc. You can't stack the stupid domed compact and it won't travel well in a makeup bag due to the loose domes you have to be extra careful not to pulverize. All of that is highly annoying and PF would be smart to re-think this eccentric design. Sometimes different is not better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by RW28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was actually a gift, so these colors aren't something I'd usually pick out for myself. I like the quality of the shadows, but I'm just not a huge fan of shimmery purple (which is what it turns too when it's "wet", since it's a wet/dry shadow). Something to wear when you're going out. I rarely wear the darkest one, the lightest color is nice for an all-over shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by lucky7597

I just bought this product and in 2 days have had about 6 compliments on how pretty my eyes look. I have dark brown w/gold glints in eyes and these really compliment my eyes I guess! The darkest color omes out a bronzy, purply color; the next one is a silvery purply color and the lightest is a silvery color. Gorgeous! The staying power is fantastic. I even worked out in it and it stayed on! I have only used them dry and they go on smooth as silk! Also no creasing! I will try them wet as I have not done that but am anxious to see how that comes out. I would repurchase this and again what a steal for about $8.00!!!!!!:)