C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint No 1138

4.6

This is one of my staples. I love how refreshing it feels when you apply this product on the lips, yet it is very soothing and moisturizing at the same time. I have permanently chapped lips, so I love to carry this balm around for just a bit of shininess.
I wish the packaging could be improved, while I like the shape and size of the applicator, the outside tube is just a magnet for dirt. If you remove the price sticker the goo doesn't quite come off, and if you're used to just throw this kind of item in your bag (like me), you'll soon find out where all the lint, dust and dirt in your purse will end up. That's right on the tube of your C.O. Bigelow Mentha lip tint.
Overall, I will buy again and would recommend to anyone with chapped lips.

This gloss is ok. I have it in a bunch of colors. I like its minty flavor. It smells nice. The sheer color is fine, they're all fine. It's kind of slimy and runny and the color separates in the tube sometimes.

on 5/18/2010 5:11:00 PM

I love C.O. Bigelow's lip products. So it was no surprise I fell in love with this one too(:

In the tube, the product is REDREDRED. But on lips, it's a lot more mild. It's got the classic minty scent, and it tingles when you put it on. The gloss is shiny, smooth, unsticky.

I would deffinetly buy this again... after I use up my other 2343 tubes of Mentha Lip Tint & Gloss.

C.O. Bigelow is my favorite lip gloss brand. It smells, feels and tastes great, it's my favorite kind out of the bunch. I wouldn't buy any other gloss.

i am writing the same review for all the mentha lip tints that i have (i have all but the bare mint). same review applies to all...

only Pro's, NO cons!
- extreme shine, almost liquid-like. more shine than juicy tubes, lipglass, etc
- not sticky
- fresh taste. some glosses are scented but have no taste/taste awful. this has much less taste than the ultra mentha/cinnament mentha etc, but if you do get a taste, it is pleasant
- thick, smooth applicator fills out lips beautifully. not streaky or uneven
- applicator stays clean
- relatively long wearing
- gentle tingle
- the color payoff varies from tube to tube. all are universally flattering, soft, and juicy
- i do not believe in "plumpers" (the only thing that will plump your lips is lip injections, period), but these definitely have an enhancing effect. your lips will look juicy
- i ALWAYS get compliments on these glosses. always.
- very reasonable price
- large size
- often on sale/special!

on 11/13/2008 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Omg!! This is like liquid candy cane! It smells like it, tastes like it and even has the same color! I bought it on a whim on ebay after reading the reviews here and i got paranoid while waiting for the package. I was sure that it would be dark opaque red and i really thought that my fears were confirmed when i squeeze it out of the the tube for the first time. But boy I was wrong! It's a a sheer red gloss that makes your lip tingles and tastes yummy! Very hydrating too, although I find that when you put too much gloss it is icy-shiny so you'll have to have a light hand. Ahhhh a new love is born!!!

This is my favorite everyday lipgloss and I also use it to touch up my lips when my lipsticks fade and my lips need a hint of color. I always carry this at parties, weddings, actually just everywhere! It gives the perfect hint of red. Not too dramatic. It's perfectly glossy and so moisturizing. It also tastes yummy (guys love it!).
I'm very sad it's been discountinued.
I know they replaced it with something they claim is the same but i swear to you it isn't!! Firstly, they don't have this color. Second, it has glitter or shimmer which I hate. Thirdly, it doesn't taste or feel as good!
I'm telling you, I wear this everyday and the new ones are NOT the same!! =[

I've tried many versions of the mentha lip shines, and just like the other ones, I love it!
It has the nice cooling sensation that I love, has a nice sugary taste to it so that if I accidentally eat a bit, it doesn't taste like burnt plastic, and this is the first tinted one I've tried, and I love it! I usually look awful in bright reds, so when I initially saw the color on the package I thought it would be too much (but hey, I got it for only $2...)
but when I applied it it was a sheer red that I loved!
Subtle and sweet.
I love it!

on 6/7/2008 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i love the sheer-ness of this gloss. the color looked dark in the tube, but perfect on my lips. the gloss feels great when you apply it, and it isnt thick or sticky, which is a huge plus for me

on 3/24/2008 1:30:00 PM

Love this...it's the perfect sheer peachy red color, and is super shiny. Also tastes great and tingles :) Paired with my stila convertible color in peony, I look healthy and fresh in under 5 minutes. Will definitely repurchase!

Recommended for Medium Skin