October 22, 2014 | 921 users online

Lipstick - Kevyn Aucoin - Expert Lip Tint Poppia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by laurajade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As a bold lip colour virgin this was a great introduction. I wanted a bright red lip and i got the perfect one. A true red. Very moisturising and gives a lovely sheen. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not a bold lipstick person at all. In the past I have always gone for the browned-down tones of Bobbi Brown. Lately though I have wanted a bit of clear beautiful color on my lips; nothing bold and bright - just clear, youthful, and pretty. I got this recently and love it. It is a beautiful color and even though at first it seemed very scary in the tube to someone like me who tends to play it very safe I love wearing it. I put it on over lip gloss or balm - I put just a touch on my bottom lip and smoosh it around. It adds a nice bit of color to my face and is certainly not OTT but very pretty and brings out the blue in my eyes. What I particularly like about it is that it is in no way muddy, maroon or orange. It is also not glittery or frosty.

I also have Fallon from this line and while it is nice, it is just that, nice; a good pink for everyday and I might say borderline blah. Poppia is special and I will continue to experiment with it. Maybe one day I'll go full on with it! I would suggest it for any coloring as it doesn't seem to be particularly blue or orange. I have always buffered the color with some other lip product so consider that when you read this. But for someone like me who has always played it safe with l/s, I am very happy to have tried this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Adara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this, best red ever! Very pigmented, yet versatile enough to wear sheer. Anyone, beginner or otherwise, can wear this. It's a true red, neither really cool nor warm. Not too deep either, just bright enough to enhance your complexion. I like to pat this on lightly and blot for a very natural, soft red. I won't be able to judge how well this wears as a bold colour, as I haven't ever worn it bold, though I must say it wears very nicely and evenly throughout the day as a stain. No feathering, which is important in a red, though a lip brush is certainly necessary for application.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2005 7:13:00 AM More reviews by cashmerewhore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, for those of you seeking the perfect red and settled for Dantique, you must go pick this up. It is the pinup girl glam red, the fire engine red that will stop everybody in their tracks. Application: this seemed more moisturizing than many of the original lip tints (YAY, they could be ultra drying). It seems the rose flavoring is less too. I also didn't end up with super dry, slightly peeling lips the day after wearing. It's not a color I would wear everyday, but if I did manage to go through a tube, I'd definitely repurchase, and not because it was Kevyn Aucoin.