Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30

3.6

AVOBENZONE 3%, OCTISALATE 5%, OCTOCRYLENE 7%, COSMETIC INGREDIENTS: WATER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, SUCROSE TRISTEARATE, POLYSORBATE 61, RIBES NIGRUM (BLACK CURRANT) SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, THERMUS THERMOPHILLUS FERMENT, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, EUGENOL, ETHYLPARABEN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, DIMETHICONOL, PANTHENOL, XANTHAN GUM, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, LINALOOL, OXOTHIAZOLIDINECARBOXYLIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, METHYLPARABEN, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, FRAGRANCE

on 4/5/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, I really do not understand companies who still use jar-packaging for a ''high-potency'' product. The ingredients do not stay stable in a jar packaging, it's not hygienic, it's really just a mess. Why, oh why do they still use that ?

With that said, this was not my favorite product from Lancôme. I like the fact that it's a SPF 30, but that's really the only thing I really like from this product. It's not hydrating enough for my taste, it's greasy on my skin and it's burning my eyes if I apply to near around this area. Unfortunately, it's a miss for me. I found that I only used it for a real day in the sun, like on the beach or something like that when I do not mind being greasy from sunscreen.

on 3/21/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

A little dab gies along way.I find it is best for winter. one thing that im concerened about is the ingredients. I found the listing very disappointing as the first ingredients should be the natural oils. I probably will finish it. It's on the less expensive moisturizer of lancome. Maybe I'll save my money and give their other line a go

on 1/16/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Beware sensitive skin sufferers! Either the fragrance or sunscreen actives (or both) severely irritated my skin. Background: I have dry, sensitive skin which seems to get more sensitive with each passing year...

I had received a couple of samples as GWP over the span of several months. I really, really liked it at first: great texture, absorbed well, left a nice finish on skin, felt hydrating, etc. However, I wasn't using it daily and instead was using it (because they were sample sizes) when I was travelling or ran out of something else.

So I purchased a full size because I really liked it and thought it was a good SPF option. Alas, after a few days of daily use, my skin got very irritated. Red, itchy, visible flakes, angry looking, and it stung upon application. Even though it should have been obvious that it was this (fragranced) product, silly me thought it must be something else and so it took a while to figure out. I also re-tried it a few times because I wanted to like it so much but had to abandon it.

Overall it gets 3 lippies for the following reasons:
1. for Lancome it's not a bad price
2. it has a high SPF
3. I really liked the texture and consistency
4. made makeup application a breeze (until the dry flaking occurred, that is)
4. boo to the jar packaging
5. irritating

It may be an okay option for people with normal to oily (and not sensitive) skin, although there are better options out there.

on 1/12/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this with the purchase of another product. I like the smooth silky way it makes my skin feel. The smell is a bit of a turn-off. However, I have decided to only purchase products that do not test on animals. So I wont be buying anything from this company until things change.

on 10/8/2014 12:50:00 PM

I received a sample size of this a while back and was amazed at how wonderful it made my skin feel. I used the sample up completely and purchased the full size. I have very oily and acne prone skin and this has never been too greasy for me nor broke me out. I wear this on a daily basis underneath my makeup and have not experienced any issues. I like how moisturizing it is without feeling or looking heavy. The smell I could do with out; also the packaging is not very sanitary, but other than that, it's a great product.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So far I really like this. I have combo skin which HATES any sort of suncreen. I was using Derm Exclusive's sunscreen and ended up with clogged pores everywhere.

This is a really light cream and it works well. My only slight gripe is the scent which I think smells a bit 'rich old lady'. But I received it in my gift with purchase and I like it. It's not greasy or heavy and so far no issues with breakouts.

on 8/17/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE 9/22/2014: After using this for awhile, I find it so heavy (even with just a dab). I think the scent is over powering as well, my eyes always water when I use this, sadly. I still adore using the Bienfait night cream though... one of my favs! Also, will never give up the Tonique Confort either... just this day cream doesn't work for me.

Wow! This is an amazing moisturizer! I usually use drugstore brands, but decided to splurge. This makes my skin so soft and doesn't seem to make my skin greasy. And there is spf 30! I did purchase the cream version (there is the one available with a pump and is lighter). I love layering this over my Olay Renerist serum. Since this is only hydration and protection, I wanted to layer it over a serum that has anti-aging benefits as well. I think my favorite moisturizers are Olay and Lancome now:) For a department store brand, this is $46, and the next jump is $95 in the Lancome line! Big difference! You only need a teeny tiny bit, so I can imagine this lasting quite awhile. So creamy!

I purchased this towards the end of February and by the first week of April, my face was covered in deeply imbedded pimples. I immediately discontinued use, as I've never broken out like this before in my life, not even in my teen years! Like many others, I tend to have a problem with the ingredients used in physical sunscreen (Ti02 and Zn0), yet I invested in this moisturizer assuming that the "experts" at Lancome would have kept this in consideration during the design and development phase of this product. Although I cannot find a full ingredient list online, the strong odor, burning sensation, and white paste left after application confirms that this product has the properties of physical sunscreen IMO. It literally made my eyes water, itch, and burn even though I avoided the orbital area. I will review the ingredients listed on the container and/or box when I get home. It’s been over 6 weeks since I stopped usage, and I’m still stuck with a cluster of pimples on both cheeks and my chin. I am currently using retina micro to treat the reaction caused by this product.

on 4/30/2014 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been trying the Lancome samples that I received in a gift with purchase for a week now. While I don't mind the scent of this moisturizer, I was hoping that the stinging/burning feeling when I apply it would go away in time, but it happens every morning when I put it on. That is a little disturbing to me. I will use up the sample, but will definitely not be purchasing this.

on 3/18/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love this product, it's perfect for lazy people like me who doesn't like to wear sunscreens. This moisturizer is nice and rich but not too oily for my combo skin. It leaves my face nice and hydrated for the whole day and most of all I don't have to worry about applying sunscreen when I am rushing out the door in the morning. Will def. restock when I ran out.