December 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Lip Treatments - Sephora - Most complete lip balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by hollyr27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, I'm a lip balm junkie. I have tried everything from Vaseline and Bonne Bell to La Mer. I'm not sure what it is about Sephora's lip balm but it really works at keeping my lips moisturized! I'm not a huge fan of the pot that you have to dig your fingers into but the product itself seems to work really well. The consistency isn't greasy or sticky, just right and it has a very mild fragrance. Definitely worth a re-purchase. I mainly like to use this at night before I go to bed, I wake up with super soft lips, no more flaking, even in cold weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by snowpetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all, I think the pot packaging is adorable. The price currently is $4 (was $8). TOTALLY worth every penny. I put this on every night and it stays on, makes my lips so smooth and soft, is very moisturizing, and has a very light minty yummy taste and smell to it. It feels nothing like vaseline to me, its nowhere near as greasy and thick feeling. Try it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lah1313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure why people are complaining about the price. It lasts forever. And if you use it under your lipglosses, they last longer as well. I love this stuff. I put it on before bed to wake up with soft lips. I use it under lipglosses and lip plumpers which would normally dry out my lips, and they look and feel great and I don't have to reapply as often. Soft beautiful lips all day and night for $8 bucks. Sounds good to me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I would give this product 5 lippies if it weren't so expensive. It is unscented and does not feel waxy, and keeps even the most dry and cracked lips moist. However, considering the fact that the texture, feel, color, consistency and moisturizing effects is the exact same as Vaseline it is not worth the price (it is slightly thicker and less oily than Vaseline). I might as well buy a big tub of Vaseline for $4 because this is almost the exact same thing, although I must say I absolutely love the packaging. It looks so luxurious.

Presently, this costs $10 CAD at Sephora which is not too expensive for a lip balm, but since it is so similar to Vaseline, it is considered expensive to me. If this were sold for $2, like the others have bought it for, then I would highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by meredithmeeks

This is my new HG lip balm.. It is super moisturizing, with a soft, buttery texture. The pot packaging isn't the best, but it's a small price to pay for what's inside. At $2, this is a HUGE bargain buy. It makes my lips super soft, and it even has a very slight plumping effect. I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by rastaxcore

This is a great all-purpose lip balm. I got it on sale for fairly cheap. It's like a less sticky version of Carmex -- super hydrating, slightly cooling, not at all gooey. Great winter lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an impulse buy and one I am glad I made. I am a lip balm junkie and I absolutely HATE waxy balms that I can't spread and just sit on top of my lips. I bought a balm from Whole Foods and it was like applying dried wax to my mouth and I threw it out.

I love the smell of this (like Carmex), but what I love most is how soft and rich it is. It spreads easily and gives my lips a little tingle, but it also makes them incredibly soft.

I am not jazzed over the pot container- so this isn't a balm you can swipe on in a hurry. I prefer my balms in a tube, but I like the product so much that I am willing to live with the pot.

I would definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by heatheru

Makes a good lipstick or gloss primer. It moisturizes well, and has surprising stay-power. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow this stuff really works wekk. It's so moisturizing. If I put it on at night there's still some left on my lips in the morning. It tastes a bit strange when I first put it on but the smell is nice. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 8:38:00 AM More reviews by idyllick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this stuff. i would not say it plumps whatsoever tho. it smells really good, doesnt tingle to me, but it leaves my lips very soft and moisterized. i dont really go for the dab your fingers in lip stuff cuz they get nasty, but i like that i accidentally left this one in the dryer so it melted and redried right to the top and i can just apply directly to my lips from the container. if i had to dab my finger in it and apply, i might not find it as hot.
i do keep it by my bed. not a going out lip product, but its a real go anywhere one. love the smell, love the texture. it is also a good primer for other lip products. since its only $5 i will probably keep one of these on me aat.