Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Ethyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentyl Diisobutyrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Benzophenone-1, Cl 26100 (Red 17), Cl 60725 (Violet 2), Cl 47000 (Yellow 11).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this base! I have pathetic excuses for nails. They're so thin and constantly bend that polish usually flakes off them in meet hours along the bend points. This stuff actually allows me to have nicely polished nails for a couple days. When topped with my HG top coat SV or OTD they last a full week. I will always have a bottle of this at home for my DIY mani/pedis

This base coat turned out to be the culprit that was causing the horribly peeling nails that I've suffered from for over a year now. I tried everything under the sun to stop my nails peeling, they were so weak and would bend and tear at the slightest thing. I stopped using Bonder about a month ago and my nails have completely stopped peeling and are actually getting reasonably long!

So yeah if you have any trouble with weak/peeling nails and are using this product, try giving it a rest for a month and see what happens. I can't believe I suffered for so long thinking it was just a fact of life that my nails were weak when it was Bonder all along :(

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This stuff is awesome! It's the only base coat I will use as it makes ANY polish last at least a week chip free. It even works with ELF or Wet & Wild, which are among the cheapest brands out there. I never get more than a week out of my manicures as my nails grow too fast, but using this keeps them looking perfect until I remove my polish. Can't say enough good things! Love it.

I've been using this stuff for years. Does it really work in extending your manicure? Well I'm not sure, at the end of the day I think its your polish and your top coat.

Pros:
1. It does make your nails smooth, as it covers the ridges and your polish looks smooth.
2. my nails don't stain because i use this.
3. Nail polish sticks better to this than you nail bed, therefore you mani looks alot better.

I'll keep buying this :)

Pros: Good product. Easy to spread. Manicure last longer (five days, used with Gelous and SV). Didn't noticed any orange tint in my nails.

Cons: I get the same good results with CG Strong Adhesion Base for a fraction of the cost (Orly Bonder cost me US $ 20).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this after reading raving reviews about it. I had high hopes for this product but sadly I am disappointed. It seems like nothing makes my nails chip faster than this. I wipe my nails with alcohol and apply as directed and use a topcoat and it fails me everytime. Last time I used it my nails chipped in less than 12 hours - that includes about 6 hours of sleep. My Pure Ice base coat for $2 lasts longer. I would not repurchase.

This stuff is THE BOMB! Nail polish usually chips off of me the second day I wear it, like big ol flakes no matter what brand, no matter how high quality. I finally got fed up and bought The Bonder, tested it out last week with a mid range $14 polish on the left hand and a cheap $1 polish on the right, no chips at all for two days. On day three the cheapo stuff was coming off, but the mid range polish was still going strong. I don't even know how long it would have lasted because I got bored and changed my polish. Tried it the next time with a drugstore brand in the $5 range, one that usually doesn't stay put that long on me. That was Monday, today is Thursday of the same week, and aside from some damage to my right thumb that I am sure is user error, my manicure is more or less undisturbed. This is a miracle for me. I cannot wait to try some really good polishes with this base coat. I might even splurge on some Chanel or Dior polish now that I know it's actually going to wear well on me.

If I could only find a top coat that worked this well, I'd be the happiest girl in the world.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Darn... This product is a bust for me. It actually allows my polish to chip more and sooner than other base coats I've tried! Had high hopes, but I'm gonna have to keep looking.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is an OK product. I found that when I used it as directed it did not work. However, when I poured some of the bonder into my Avon nail polish it worked very well. my nail polish lasted for 10 days vs. the 2 days that it normally would. Based on that I would recommend this bonder. it's a little pricey, but it works.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Orly Bonder is the first real base coat I decided to buy, and to this day it's still the only one I use. It definitely makes my polish wear for a longer time with, than without. It still depends on the polish I choose to pair it with and the top coat for actual wear time, but it's gone up to two weeks without chips and probably could have made it even longer if I hadn't decided to remove it. It is a bit thin but I don't mind, I also don't like the Orly brush, but it's doable with this product. The dry time is also incredible with this base coat, by the time I paint my tenth nail, my first is already completely dry. The orange tint doesn't really transfer to your nails either, so there's no need to be put off by that. It also seems kind of expensive but I've been using the same bottle for more than a year now and I still have half of it (I polish my nails regularly), plus the formula is still as good as new. The only bad thing about this is that it doesn't really protect your nails against stains, but double coat it, and you should be fine. I would definitely repurchase this and I highly recommend it.

Top Rated Orly Products