September 16, 2014 | 1990 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by kearro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although it claims "It prevents nail lacquer from wearing off for up to two weeks" I have not found that to be true in my experience. However, I am very neglectful of my hands and nails - it certainly does seem to do a better job than other basecoats I have used in the past. At $8.00 CAN for 18 ml it seemed like a good value. I will definitely be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after reading several reviews online and let me tell you, I am glad that I did! I have a tendency to do things that are not conducive to nail polish longevity like gardening, crafting, refinishing furniture, typing, petting my dobermans, etc. and I can't usually keep a manicure longer than a day before chipping. Luckily, I discovered this product and it has helped maintain a chip-free polish job much longer! The polish looks sort of beige-y in the bottle but is completely clear and adheres well to a bare nail that is clean and unbuffed. I like to clean my nails with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover after washing my hands to make sure there isn't any residue from lotion or soap on my nails. I usually apply 2 thin coats of Orly Bonder, letting dry in between, and then do 1-2 coats of my nail polish color, depending on the color payoff I want, then set with a clear topcoat (thin coats and letting each dry in between). The bonder label says "rubberized basecoat" and it really does have a rubbery, grippy feel to it so that you can feel your color polish adhere to it. This has been a great product for keeping my nail polish around for longer, and it works wonders on a pedicure since toenail polish typically lasts much longer to begin with! I would recommend this to anyone who paints their nails at home on a regular basis, this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is the BEST basecoat out there. I have been using this for years and years and nothing else comes close to how well this works. I keep trying new things but nope. This will keep the polish on the nail for a week or more without chipping. It adheres any polish and also seems to help with streaky nail polishes.

Great stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot live without this product. I will NEVER do my nails without it. Makes my manicure last longer than when I get it done professionally. A MUST HAVE.

I buy it at Sally's and it lasts a long time. I think it's $7 or $8.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by scrapstitcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a bottle of Orly Bonder last week at Sally's. The bottle says it's supposed to make your nail polish last up to two weeks. I would be happy if it lasted without chipping at least five days. But just like any other base coat I've ever tried (Essie all-in-one, OPI, Sally Hansen), my polish only lasted two to three days at the most. (I used Essie with Poshe top coat). Oh well...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by anncraig23

This is the best base coat that I've ever owned, and I highly recommend it. It helps the polish stay on much longer. I like that it isn't very thick like other base coats I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by linergirl16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this bonder/base coat for nail polish. Really makes nail polish stick for a while and dries extremely fast so you don't have to wait long to put a first coat of nail polish. I also like that the cap now is made out of rubber itself...nice to grip and doesn't slip!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was stubborn about not using basecoats because of time constraint. I would just use nail polish straight onto the nail then some Seche Vite. My polish would peel off & chip by the next day. After using Bonder it has kept my polish in place for several days. What a nice thing to not have to redo my nails daily. :) Yes this stuff does work!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Atellez

This stuff makes my nail polish last at least five days. I use this, a colored nail polish, and my Essie fast drying top coat to get my results.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Lee999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what most of the reviewers here were talking about, but this did absolutely nothing for me. Not only did it have zero effect, it bubbled up my nail polish, even when I used the thinnest coats possible.

Waste of money. My nail polish was getting little chips the same day, not to mention that unpleasant bubbly consistency.

I have lost all hope in base coats. So far, I haven't found one that works.