IL Profumo Chocolate

2.0

on 10/19/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased a sample & am very glad I didn't blind buy this one.

It's lovely but imho it smells absolutely nothing like chocolate. I don't even sense a hint of cocoa. :(

Yes, it is very reminiscent of a TM's Angel, maybe a teeniest bit creamier & no sharp patchouli hit. If you already have Angel or Chopard's Wish, you don't need to buy this.

on 8/1/2010 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Over-priced Old Spice..Period!! YUCK!!!

on 10/24/2009 8:26:00 PM

While there is a vague undertone of chocolate, itís like an ultra-cheap .99 cent store chocolate. Overwhelms me with a mishmash of spices, none of which I was able to single out. I had to look up the notes to try and figure out what exactly this was made of. According to the notes, it contains: mandarin, nutmeg, sandalwood, galbanum, cocoa, jasmine, yellow rose, and vanilla. Iíd say it has a vague resemblance to a mandarin stuck with cloves, then dusted with nutmeg and cheap cocoa powder and sprayed with alcohol. Despite everything this perfume has going on, itís remarkably lacking in depth. Several reviewers have compared Chocolat to Angel, and even though I *really* dislike Angel, it beats out Chocolat with both hands tied behind its back. Thank goodness I got a sample first!

on 4/3/2008 7:58:00 AM

No chocolate here, ladies! It has a boring, one-dimensional warm-sweet-fruity dry-down. No vanilla, no chocolate, not yummy. Sorry, the name "Chocolate" for this concoction is simply wrong!!! No lippie if I could!!!

on 12/10/2007 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this in Harvey Nichols. It definitely has an Angel-ness to it, the first blast after spraying it on really does have that Angel type caramel note. So initially I was disappointed by this as it felt like an imitation.

So it dried down, didn't have too much throw but ended up really quite amber-like and sweet, and stayed like this for about three hours, not unpleasant, but all a bit meh. And then, it threw the final twist at me. I sniffed at my wrist and it really smelled skanky, like there was a little bit of civit in this which was really very bizarre and totally unexpected.

So, it was good to try this, but it's really not for me.

Wow! Normally the only fragrances that I have a STRONG adverse reaction to are strong florals. But this is the exception. I put it on and sniffed....my eyes watered up, my stomach turned, a heavy feeling made it's way up my throat...omg.....I ran to the bathroom and scrubbed, and I mean SCRUBBED - with a strongly scented sugar scrub. I have not normally been one of those people with major patchouli issues, but in this case it is almost all I could decipher, and it was definitely an issue. I don't know what happened here. Maybe my chemistry, but definitely a no go. I don't think i can even bear to keep this around for a potential swap. Just the memory of it... continued >>

on 8/2/2006 2:26:00 AM

Unfortunateley this is no the fragrance equivalent of CHOCOLAT the movie.This is more on the average side although i find it well made and pretty balanced.Of course is an angel offspring so you'll be able very easily to figure if it works for you.It starts rather dry and intense and i'm more than sure that i smell the galbanum giving a green note that freshens the sweetness (the most original away from ANGEL note of the perfume)and something that reminds me of a rich summer peach that is not anywhere in the notes.Still i actualy think that if you have a crave of a choco gourmand this maybe has a place on your fragrance wardrobe.

on 4/14/2006 1:19:00 AM

Yuk, no chocolate here, just a weird, Angel type scent. It's an Angel-alike, need I say more? Angel type perfumes are a no-no for me (my cryptonite?) and I avoid them at all costs. This is one is no exception. Thank goodness it's a sample and off to the swap list it goes!

on 2/2/2006 7:22:00 PM

What in the world? Where is the chocolate? No, seriously, where is it? There's not a trace of chocolate in Chocolat, and I'm incredibly annoyed by that. This is a sour mess.

on 12/8/2005 8:51:00 AM

This is absolutely disgusting and I strongly urge people not to buy this. I am currently on a chocolate fragrance search and saw this on ebay and bought unsniffed. I figured I couldnt really go wrong as the name says chocolat! Well, firstly this smells NOTHING like chocolate and to add insult to injury its a hideous fragrance anyway. Its so overly perfumy it will choke anyone within half a mile of you and smells absolutley foul and sour. I am gutted with the purchase and will throw away. I could not inflict this perfume on anyone else.

Popular Fragrances