August 29, 2014 | 1729 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - A Few Good Men

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i really love the muffin man. it's got a lovely lemony candy scent, and it's perfectly clear... i don't know what the people who said it's sparkly are talking about. it's just a nice, not too sticky lip shine to go over lipstick, or just by itself. pretty moisturizing too.

the gingerbread man looks the same, it's perfectly clear. maybe the reviewers who got colored versions got some kind of reformulated batch? the ones i have are a couple years old, so its a possibility. anyway, the gingerbread man has a scent that i can not tolerate. it smells great, from the tube.. but once i actually get it on it's really cloying and nauseating, and i can't stand it. it has kind of a clove oil undertone, and it smells REALLY strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by blacklittlepig

I absolutely love this! The packaging is VERY CUTE for girls. and the flavor is tasty. It is not tacky and really moisturizes your lips!. It has a high shine too!.. definetly would buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by kikipur

The packaging is definately intriguing with the cute gingermen on the tubes. However these glosses are nasty. First of all, I hate the texture. It's way too heavy and sticky almost like Lancome's Juicy tubes. My hair sticks to my lips when I wear them. Also the artificial scents are awful. The chocolate and ginger ones make me loose my appetite. The bubble gum one is barable. Unfortunately, I gave all of them away.
I will definately not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased all three of these suitcase sets last holiday and am now just getting around to reviewing them. Sorry about that! Anyway, the only one worth it's salt was the Gingerbread Man, and that was mostly for the lip gloss (YUM!). The other two I either returned or swapped, I forget. The Ice Cream Man was disgustingly bubble-gum flavored which is great if you like that kind of thing. For me it was just too much; too strong. Probably best for little kids since that's exactly what it reminded me of. Something a 10 year old would like. The Muffin Man set smelled like Lemon Pledge, everything in the set. Not exactly lemon custard unless you are a really terrible cook. The other disappointment were the suticases themselves. I was hoping they'd be tin and somewhat collectable, but no, alas they are cardboard. Still cute, but not something that would hold up under any circumstances.
Overall a mediocre product with cute packaging and concepts and I'd buy the Gingerbread Man lipgloss again because it's yummy, but that's it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by piratequeen

I have the set. By far, my favorite is the gingerbread man. It is a great sheer brownish red with a divine scent. Second prize goes to the icecream man which is a sheer pink and smell like bubblegum. Lastly, the milkman smells like chocolate milk and is light brown. This might look good on a deeper complexion, but a brown lip gloss may well be the last thing on earth that I should own. This set is irresistable and I would most like fall into its trap again. Philosophy has such cute products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Commenting on the Ice Cream Man lip gloss. What a pretty, lip gloss this is. It really seems to moisturize my lips. It is a lovely pinky/rose tone and tasts of bubble gum. Lip gloss is my weakness. I love them. But, this one seems to really heal my lips of dryness. Love it and highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for The Ice Cream Man Bubble Gum. I seen this in the trio online and I wanted to try it. I found it on someones swap list, who obviously split up her trio. I LOVE it! It has become my favorite lippie! We're talking HG here! I can't believe it:)) I reach for it every time my lips are a little dry or let's be honest--whenever because it tastes, smells and feels sooooo good! It's very moisturizing and has a great pink color to it. It's a bit sticky, but in a good way because it stays on my lips. I mean, it hangs on there. I love it love it love it. Too bad, 'cause it's probably LE. My luck! Every time I use it, I have to squeeze the tube a little bit harder and I'm dreading the day I have to cut it open. I gotta do what I gotta do! I'm considering buying the whole set, just to get the one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love these glosses. Possibly my fave gloss set ever. And there is so MUCH to like about it. The packaging is cute..hey, who doesn't like cute little guys like the Gingerbread man on a lipgloss tube. They have smth retro about them too, which I quite like. The Ice Cream man comes in a bubble gum pink tube and tastes of...right: bubblegum. Strong scent, but not sickening. The shade is a very fresh pink that goes on sheer yet nicely brightens my face. Kind of the l/g version of Benefit Dandelion. The Gingerbread Man comes in a red tube and has the most delicious yummy Gingerbread scent. I don't know how they did that, but this one doesn't scent or taste the least bit funky or nauseating. The shade is a sheer caramel. The Milk Man comes in a brown tube and tastes and smells of: TADAAA! Chocolate. This is the worst of the three scents. It reminds me of a cheap cake mix before baking, but it is bearable and doesn't last as long as the other fragrances. Now the shade is a real winner. It is a sheer plummy brown with subtle gold sparkle. This looks so subtle yet gorgeous when applied. I use all glosses regularly, and love how they are balms really. Def. moisturizes my lips and when the gloss has worn off, my lips aren't left dry but nice and replenished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a set of three lip glosses - The Gingerbread Man (tastes like gingersnaps), The Milkman (chocolate milk), and The Ice Cream Man (bubble gum). They all taste and smell exactly like they're named and are very, very shiny. The gloss is thick and sticky and stays in place for hours. The tubes are absolutely adorable, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 12:20:00 PM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Chocolate Milk (the Milk Man - brownish tone), Gingerbread (the Gingerbread Man - reddish tone), and Bubble Gum (the Ice Cream Man - pinkish tone)

holidays around the corner, this is one of those whimsy purchases. Kinda funny as a kid i'd try so hard to buy "Real Adult" make up, I become an adult and I lemming all the "Kid again!" stuff =P Well this delivers, it's a good product and it makes you feel whimsical =)

It's only 'slightly' pigmented which works for me because it makes it very versatile. Makes my lips very emollient (I do also make note lean towards 'thicker' style glosses, i like FEELING that they are on my lips because its so pouty-ish then =P

These also deliver amazing high-shine that it looks like your lips are practically glass, omg lurve. The scent/taste is absolutely delish - nothing plasticky which i find so many 'scented' lipglosses in being.

The downside is I wish these were 'wand-style' because I always end up seeming to squeeze out too much =( Also it's a bit pricey imo but if you're going for a 'holiday treat' for yourself I'd say grab one of these for yourself and enjoy continued >>