April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Cream Color Base - in general

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I start to get nervous when I'm running low on this. It is wonderful. I have Asian eyes, I don't have a crease, maybe that's why I've never had an issue with it creasing. I don't know. But I know that this is the only thing that gets color to pop and stay on.

I heard the one by E.L.F. is pretty good, I might give that a go next, but only while I still have my pearl cream base. I couldn't risk the gamble of not having my MAC when it's been so reliable.

The only reason I might try another is solely financial. It is just a little pricey. It lasts a good long time, but I'd like to see if I can get a better bargan with a drug store brand. But like I said, I will not try to switch when I am out of my Cream base, that's just asking for trouble.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by TheHannahBeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased MAC ccb in 'fresh morning' from the emanuel ungaro collection at my local outlets. I put it on my lips to make them very pale, as a base for pink lippies (i like a bubblegum pink lip color). This ccb doesnt dry out my lips like a concealor would. i would repurchase, and i would try a different shade

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Cathj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the cream color base in shell makes you look like a glittery pink christmas ball. Pearl has shimmer and no glitter, I'm sticking to that color and returning this. Pearl was out at three different mac stores I went to so the lady suggested shell. Horrible suggestion...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by vmotis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had Pearl in this line of cosmetics for a few years now, and it's lasted for a -long- time. I'm only now just starting to hit the bottom of the container.

For a highlighter, this doesn't offer too much shimmer. There aren't huge sparkles in it or anything unflattering. It offers a slight, subtle shimmer that makes it easy to use as a highlighter for your entire face, and not just the corners of your eyes and brow bone. (I'd actually recommend something with a little more of a pearlized finish for your eyes to be honest).

For lazy days, I just swipe on some tinted moisturizer, put some of this on my eyelids, brow bone, upper bridge of my nose, tops of my cheek bones, top of my upper lip, and a little on my chin - put on some mascara and blush and I'm good to go. Not a lot of product swipes out of the container easily, so I find it easier to use my fingers.

It brightens my entire face. It's not too oily looking. it hasn't broken me out! - which I was expecting, as most MAC products seem to have that downfall.

I haven't really paid attention to it as a base, just as a highlighter. And for how I use it, it's a pretty decent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fawntastic and I use it as an eyeshadow or shadow base. It is a nice neutral shimmer color which you can use to highlight on the face and cheeks. However, you are NOT supposed to use this on your lips. It was not designed to be used as such. I generally listen to those kinds of instructions or warnings when the manufacturer says so.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ohsoglam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!! I have 2: one in Bronze and 1 in Improper Copper and I use them as a bronzer and the look is AMAZING!! Dewy and glowy and not harsh at all. I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The CCB in pearl is perfect for an e/s base, if you have trouble finding a good base for pigments. Pigments really stick to this!! I always make sure I apply a good amount (don't be skimpy) of e/s and/or pigments on top of the Cream Color Base, and I rarely have problems with creasing. Another tip: make sure you don't use too much of the CCB. Just pat enough on to give a nice base for the e/s and/or pigments to stick onto.

Just play around with the amount of CCB, and the amount of pigment and e/s you need, and it's pretty easy to find the perfect combo.

Sometimes I will pat the tiniest bit right below my brow area for a little extra glow :-) I absolutely love putting something so silky and smooth onto my eyelid.

This stuff is also a great cheek highlighter. Just the tiniest dab on the cheek bone gives a fresh glow. This is such a fun and useful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rysskayaprincess

This is my first colour base from mac makeup line, I bought it in Hush and I apply it on my cheeks just under my blush to give it a simple healthy look. The cream base applies well with my fingers and would look best on well moisturized skin that is not to dry as it will apply patchy and wouldnt show up the colour well. I like the product due to the fact that it is a multi purpose product and could be used as a brow highlighter, lipstain and cupid bow highlight and many more uses that you could play around with. I have tried colour base as a shadow just to brighten up my eyes but I have noticed that it creases and pretty much fades away very quickly. Overall it is a good product to have as it can really brighten up anyones face and make it look glowy in a healthy way. The price is not the cheapeast but it seems like the product would last me quiet abit as you only have to use a tiny bit to make the colour show up. I wouldnt purchase Hush again as I would like to explore other products mac has to offer but for my first purchase it is definitely thumbs up for me and would be an ideal purchase for any other girls out there that enjoy making their face look dewy and healthy. For reference I have combination to oily skin and it doesnt make my skin look greasy or more oily which means it is suitable for any skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kimchee80

Love it
It acts as a great base for eyeshadows
It glides on really smoothly as well

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After using these for a few years, I'm still on the fence about them. I've managed to collect Blue (a discontinued Pro colour), Fabulush, Fantastic Plastic, Bat Black, Shell, Fuchsia Perfect, Improper Copper, White, Black & Pink Shock.
Sometimes, I can use them as a shadow base (I always use something like UDPP underneath) and they stay where I put them. Other times; hello Crease City! I've also found that the staying power seems to vary amongst these, some feel a little drier than others & they are the ones that hold up the best.
The appropriate colours can make for nice cream blushes with a light hand, too much & they start to feel heavy. Shell also makes a good highlight colour.
It's a shame about the creasing because these are fabulous to hold glitter & products like my Illamasqua pigment in Android which is a pain when it comes to getting it to stay on. For that purpose though, I may have to layer over UDPP & maybe a greasestick, as Android really needs the stickiness.