MAC Cream Color Base - in general

3.5

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Synthetic Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Jojoba Esters, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocophernol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid
May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxycholride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)

on 6/10/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the cream color bases! My favorite shade is in hush and I apply it everyday under my eyes over my concealer and then I take a synthetic tapered kabuki and put it on my cheek bones and it just gives you a beautiful glow. I also apply it on my cupid's bow and looks so natural and beautiful. Definitely worth the purchase!

on 10/22/2011 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I start to get nervous when I'm running low on this. It is wonderful. I have Asian eyes, I don't have a crease, maybe that's why I've never had an issue with it creasing. I don't know. But I know that this is the only thing that gets color to pop and stay on.

I heard the one by E.L.F. is pretty good, I might give that a go next, but only while I still have my pearl cream base. I couldn't risk the gamble of not having my MAC when it's been so reliable.

The only reason I might try another is solely financial. It is just a little pricey. It lasts a good long time, but I'd like to see if I can get a better bargan with a drug store brand. But like I said, I will not try to switch when I am out of my Cream base, that's just asking for trouble.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased MAC ccb in 'fresh morning' from the emanuel ungaro collection at my local outlets. I put it on my lips to make them very pale, as a base for pink lippies (i like a bubblegum pink lip color). This ccb doesnt dry out my lips like a concealor would. i would repurchase, and i would try a different shade

on 4/11/2010 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

the cream color base in shell makes you look like a glittery pink christmas ball. Pearl has shimmer and no glitter, I'm sticking to that color and returning this. Pearl was out at three different mac stores I went to so the lady suggested shell. Horrible suggestion...

on 3/19/2010 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've had Pearl in this line of cosmetics for a few years now, and it's lasted for a -long- time. I'm only now just starting to hit the bottom of the container.

For a highlighter, this doesn't offer too much shimmer. There aren't huge sparkles in it or anything unflattering. It offers a slight, subtle shimmer that makes it easy to use as a highlighter for your entire face, and not just the corners of your eyes and brow bone. (I'd actually recommend something with a little more of a pearlized finish for your eyes to be honest).

For lazy days, I just swipe on some tinted moisturizer, put some of this on my eyelids, brow bone, upper bridge of my nose, tops of my cheek bones, top of my upper lip, and a little on my chin - put on some mascara and blush and I'm good to go. Not a lot of product swipes out of the container easily, so I find it easier to use my fingers.

It brightens my entire face. It's not too oily looking. it hasn't broken me out! - which I was expecting, as most MAC products seem to have that downfall.

I haven't really paid attention to it as a base, just as a highlighter. And for how I use it, it's a pretty decent product.

on 3/15/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have fawntastic and I use it as an eyeshadow or shadow base. It is a nice neutral shimmer color which you can use to highlight on the face and cheeks. However, you are NOT supposed to use this on your lips. It was not designed to be used as such. I generally listen to those kinds of instructions or warnings when the manufacturer says so.

on 2/8/2010 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Great product!! I have 2: one in Bronze and 1 in Improper Copper and I use them as a bronzer and the look is AMAZING!! Dewy and glowy and not harsh at all. I would purchase again.

on 1/18/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The CCB in pearl is perfect for an e/s base, if you have trouble finding a good base for pigments. Pigments really stick to this!! I always make sure I apply a good amount (don't be skimpy) of e/s and/or pigments on top of the Cream Color Base, and I rarely have problems with creasing. Another tip: make sure you don't use too much of the CCB. Just pat enough on to give a nice base for the e/s and/or pigments to stick onto.

Just play around with the amount of CCB, and the amount of pigment and e/s you need, and it's pretty easy to find the perfect combo.

Sometimes I will pat the tiniest bit right below my brow area for a little extra glow :-) I absolutely love putting something so silky and smooth onto my eyelid.

This stuff is also a great cheek highlighter. Just the tiniest dab on the cheek bone gives a fresh glow. This is such a fun and useful product.

This is my first colour base from mac makeup line, I bought it in Hush and I apply it on my cheeks just under my blush to give it a simple healthy look. The cream base applies well with my fingers and would look best on well moisturized skin that is not to dry as it will apply patchy and wouldnt show up the colour well. I like the product due to the fact that it is a multi purpose product and could be used as a brow highlighter, lipstain and cupid bow highlight and many more uses that you could play around with. I have tried colour base as a shadow just to brighten up my eyes but I have noticed that it creases and pretty much fades away very quickly. Overall it is a good product to have as it can really brighten up anyones face and make it look glowy in a healthy way. The price is not the cheapeast but it seems like the product would last me quiet abit as you only have to use a tiny bit to make the colour show up. I wouldnt purchase Hush again as I would like to explore other products mac has to offer but for my first purchase it is definitely thumbs up for me and would be an ideal purchase for any other girls out there that enjoy making their face look dewy and healthy. For reference I have combination to oily skin and it doesnt make my skin look greasy or more oily which means it is suitable for any skin type.

on 11/19/2009 11:47:00 AM

Love it
It acts as a great base for eyeshadows
It glides on really smoothly as well

Top Rated MAC Products