Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray

3.7

Water (Aqua); SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.); Dimethyl Ether; Hydrofluorocarbon 152a; VA/Crotonates/Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer; Acrylates/Hydroxyesters Acrylates Copolymer; Fragrance (Parfum); Aminomethyl Propanol; Sodium Benzoate; Cyclohexylamine; Dimethicone Copolyol; Cyclopentasiloxane; Silk Amino Acids (Alanine; Glycine; Serine; Arginine; Isoleucine; Cystine; Histidine; Glutamic Acid; Lysine); Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis) (Palmitic Acid; Stearic Acid; Linoleic Acid; Oleic Acid; Eicosenoic Acid); Glycerin

on 12/22/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I realize this is a great cheap hairspray. My hair can get frizzy and lose its shape easily. After learning about a hair changing tip about taming all my loose hairs (from breakage) by using hairspray and combing it through your hair; I used the only hairspray I had which was this one. And my hair looked instantly better! It calmed down my hair, took out some of the fluff from blowdrying, and tamed all my little flyaways when I combed this hairspray through. My hair looked like a million bucks! The style held up well as well. You can use too much of it and it will cause your hair to look greasy.

on 9/24/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I understand that hairspray with propellant in it is scented to cover the smell of the propellant. But dear Dove, does the scent have to be so overpowering that it lingers from sunup to bedtime? Overpowering your perfume? Blech.

This hairspray also has a dry, powdery finish and a nonexistent working time. Hate it.

on 8/28/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Why oh why did you change a good thing Dove? I used to LOVE the old version of this in the greenish blue/white can. but the new version in the pink/white not so much. if you spray too much on your hair it turns your hair white. this might be good for a quick spray but i need more hold and dont want to walk around w/white hair. Please bring back the old formula!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Yesterday, I was reminded why the Dove Flexible Hold is my favorite hair spray. Here’s the story: I had a hair appointment and purchased a small travel size container of Be Sexy Volume Hair Spray. I got home and was getting ready to go to dinner, used some of my new Be Sexy Spray, and left the house. A little while later, I went to run my fingers through the side of my hair, and I couldn’t. They got about 1 inch away from my scalp and would not budge! The hairspray had formed some kind of ultra-tangled net on my hair, and had frozen it into a voluminous wiry mess.

I’ve used Dove Flexible Hold for the past 3 years, and have never been disappointed. It provides just enough hold but doesn’t feel at all sticky or hard. My hair is coarse, thick, and wavy – but I style it in every form imaginable. Dove has never let me down, and I love the fresh scent of their hair spray. I was looking for a product that would build volume, so that’s why I bought the Be Sexy – uh if I wanted volume like that, I would have just bought a football helmet! The Dove spray doesn’t provide much volume, but it holds your style, prevents frizz, and allows your hair to look naturally pretty without feeling stiff.

on 5/17/2011 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the only hairspray that I use. I've strayed and tried others, but always come back to this one.

I have very thick, multi-texture, wavy hair that I flat iron almost every day. This hairspray goes on light, but has hold that lasts all day. When my hair was short and flippy it held without making it look crispy or dry.

I am very sensitive to scents and I don't find this one to be strong at all, it's of the reasons I keep coming back to this product. The scent also fades quickly and isn't noticeable, even by others, after a couple of minutes.

This really is the best hairspray I've tried...and I've tried a ton.

on 2/2/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite hairspray.

I use it daily, and it holds everything in place, but isn't too "hard", and my hair is still able to move.

I love the way it smells, and I can't imagine switching to another hairspray.

It's regularly $5.99-$7.99 depending on the store, but it goes on sale regularly, so I buy it for $1.99-$2.99. I usually buy 3 or 4 whenever I find it on sale.

on 9/1/2010 4:22:00 PM

The pros are that it doesn't have a ton of superfluous ingredients and has a pleasant scent.

However ... the scent is really overpowering. I'd rather use a hairspray that smells nasty for 10 seconds, then stops, than one that makes me smell soap and powder all day long.

I have thick, straight hair, and this spray does not hold curls in it very long. I have had dramatically better results with Nexxus Comb Thru, which is at least as flexible and soft if not more.

For those who like the scent, don't need holding power, and like the very reasonable price, maybe. Otherwise, there are better choices out there.

on 12/29/2009 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The hold is not flexible, it is more like, a medium hold. No crunchy, helmet hat hair. This is more of a finisher for a non-hairdo. For example, if I wear my hair down, I'll use this to give it somewhat hold without looking like a complete 'do. It is scented, so your hair will have the subtle smell of it.

on 11/2/2009 8:30:00 PM

This hairspray holds ok - but, it doesn't really provide a "flexible" hold, and it takes a long time to dry. I prefer a drier hairspray (like Biolage).

on 6/12/2009 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I wanted to like this but it just didn't work for me. I have a lot of hair, but each strand is very fine. This hairspray seemed way too wet and heavy and it didn't hold at all. In fact it made my hair more limp than before.

Popular Styling Products