October 31, 2014 | 1432 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tourmaline Featherweight/Travel Hair Dryer (Original and Bespoke versions)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Momababyrn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this dryer but it just fries my hair. My conair never left my hair this damaged so back to the Conair I go. Sad waste of money for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by msmaura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So. Much. Hype. I bought the Featherweight a year ago, and honestly find myself reaching for my much less expensive Conair one more often than not. Why?
- There are two heat settings (no cool shot) and the lower setting is almost as hot as the high setting on my other dryer.
- The nozzle attaches to the dryer but not in a fixed position, so it often spins while I'm drying my hair
- It makes my hair fluffy. Not the best description but somehow I'm not able to style my hair as well with this dryer. May be less damaging that way though?
- So many stories about how fragile it is. I made sure to get my warranty registered (which you only have 21 days to do upon buying it!) but still wince every time I set it down.

Perks are that it DOES dry your hair in a short amount of time (see above point about the heat though), and the volume of the Featherweight dryer is like a kitten mewing compared to the jet engine roar my Conair makes. All in all though, you can probably find something better for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the t3 featherweight journey travel dryer that purchased for $130 at sephora.

It comes with the dryer, travel bag, and a 'concentrator nozzle' but no diffuser attachment.

I have used this when I travel and periodically at the gym. It's a nice small size and the handle folds which makes it easier to pack.

I love love love the dual voltage functionality. There's a little switch where you can pick 220 or 110 voltage for when you travel. You just need an adapter (to make the plug fit into the outlet). But you dont need a converter (which tends to be larger, heavier, and more expensive). This is especially great for me because when I travel overseas I don't take anything that requires a converter. Just an adapter for my laptop.

So, what's missing? Well obviously it's not as powerful as a full dryer. There are 2 powers. On high it takes 5-10 minutes longer than a full-sized dryer (on my long, fine hair which takes about 10 minutes normally). There's no 'cool' button, which I do miss.

In terms of performance, not as goood as a full sized tourmaline, but definitely better than the dryers that are available at most hotels. Unfortunately, since owning this dryer I now take my own dryer with me on every trip. Someone accused me of being high maintenance, but my hair looks good in the photos!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by alyria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was terribly disappointed with this hairdryer. I have the T3 Featherweight. For the promises it made at the price I paid, I expected more. Compared to the 8+ year old inexpensive Conair 1600 watt hairdryer I'd been using, they were comparable in drying time, weight, sleekness and airspeed. The only difference is the T3 gets way hotter - to the point where my scalp feels like it's being burned. At least my Conair had heat settings, while the T3 does not - just a cool shot switch. I didn't notice particularly shinier and sleeker hair, which the technology in the T3 promised. I also didn't see any improved drying time, even with the higher temperature.

Overall, I would not recommend this hairdryer. You can get the same performance for a fraction of the price. There may be better performing expensive hairdryers out there, but don't spend your money on the T3 Featherweight.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really got taken in by the hype on this product. My bad. I purchased it about a year ago, and this past week, it started blowing lukewarm air. I read several reviews and noticed that most of the people who bought this dryer noticed it stopped blowing hot hair almost if not exactly one year after purchase. There was one review written by someone who said it lasted 2 years. The dryer blows at half-power. This is an expected behavior because of the technology. Supposedly, the tourmaline-infused insides are supposed to help dry hair faster and with less frizz. I still saw frizz most of the time. The drying time was average. Not worst or better than other dryers I've had but it was quite costly. It felt like I had to put my hair through quite a bit of pulling with the round brush to make it somewhat straight. This isn't good for anyone's hair. Most of the hairdryers I've owned have lasted 5 years or more - seriously. Sure, they were cheapies, but they kept on ticking. I went back to my backup dryer for a few days, and noticed poor results because it fries my hair and is way too loud. So, yesterday I bought a Babyliss Ceramic Extreme dryer. I used it for the first time today and absolutely love it. It's the most powerful dryer I've ever had, and it reminds me very much of the ones they use at the salon, which is something I've wanted for a long time and thought I was getting when I bought the T3. I got great results with the Babyliss model. Since it's new, I'll wait awhile before reviewing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by LoTuS_23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased the T3 Featherweight blow dryer for my mother's birthday for $200. It's been a little over two years now and the hair dryer now will only blow cold air. I'm very disappointed that such an expensive blow dryer would stop working properly only after 2 years. I have an inexpensive Hot Tools blow dryer that has lasted me for over four years with daily use. The warranty for this product is only for two years so I am out of luck. I will never buy their products again nor will I recommend their products to anyone. When you purchase a blow dryer for $200, you expect the product to outlive its cheaper competitors. I'm really pissed off that I purchased my mother such a crappy product for her birthday. Please learn from my mistake and do not purchase this blow dryer. BUYER BEWARE!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by PurpleElephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure where to put my review, but I actually own the T3 Featherweight Luxe.

Honestly, I really wanted to love this hair dryer, but I unfortunately don't like it at all. It doesn't seem to have much power to it, so it takes a long time to dry my hair and doesn't do anything to help style it and/or control frizz.

When I first bought it, I just assumed that I didn't know what I was doing, and that's why my hair kept coming out a mess. I used it a few times, and then put it away for awhile. Then, after an amazing blowout by my stylist, I decided to try again. This time, when I realized that my hairstyle was not turning out well, I switched to my old Babyliss Pro TT. The results were so much better, and my Babyliss didn't even cost 1/4 the price!

I have since also bought a Rusk Speed Freak, which I also like a lot more than the T3 Featherweight Luxe. I wish that I had realized how bad it was while it was still within the return period.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a fan. I was a little dissapointed when I first got this (full sized Featherweight), but tried to convince myself that it was worth the money. I've been using it for YEARS and its finally starting to wear. I have Thick wavy/curly hair that I wear natural, I dont style it straight... that was never a good look on me.
It takes a LONG time to diffuse my shoulder length hair with this dryer, it gets way too hot as well. My diffuser (Conair from Sallys... I'll be damned if I'm spending more money on this brand!) gets *incredibly* hot, even on the 'low' setting. If I almost burn my skin when I touch the diffuser, whats it doing to my poor hair?? Forget the cool shot button which is on a spring switch and can't stay down, your thumb may as well fall off trying to constantly hold it down. All in all I'm not loving the dryer even though I paid far too much for it. I'm not sad that its finally dying, I'm looking forward to replacing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I own both the t3 featherweight regular size and the REVLON RV544. I bout the RV544 first because it was a supposed dupe for the t3 featherweight. My hair dried really fast and didn't feel like straw BUT it had alot of frizzies and fuzzies! so I ordered the t3 and it actually dries a little bit slower but drastically reduced the frizzies and fuzzies and my hair felt softer so unfortunately the more expensive dryer is the better of the two IMO. btw I like my babyliss pro TT even better than the T3

BTW my hair is coarse, wavy and poofy naturally.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this blow dryer off of QVC a little over a year ago. I paid close to 250 dollars for it. I got the big one, not the travel. Was a great dryer and I loved it and babied it. I was using it about a week ago and it just died. Its not under warranty anymore, so I am screwed. I will never buy from this company again. For paying clost to 250 for a blow dryer, I would think it would last a little longer than mine did!!! Total Crap!!!!!!