December 19, 2014 | 1664 users online

Lotions/ Creams - C.O. Bigelow - Superb Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I bought this in Unscented...it was on clearance and I needed a decent body lotion that wouldn't compete with my perfumes. Funny thing is, it definitely smells like...something I'm not crazy about (stale paper?? If that makes any sense...). Anyway, as a lotion, I find it makes my skin somewhat soft and silky, but it's blah, even for an "unscented" lotion. I think I want something a little thicker/emollient. There is definitely better stuff out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kawaiicindy

watery consistency, not very moisturizing, it's just another ok lotion. the only thing I like about it is its smell. will not purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Jennipooh74

I got this lotion, the 2 oz size, at the BBW sale for $2.50. It smells really nice, definitely a better scent than other almond scents I have sniffed. It is a pretty lightweight lotion, so if you need something creamier, this one wouldn't be for you. That being said, it is not sticky and gross and works for normal/oily bodies :). I would buy it again, but right now I'm doing Perlier Honey after bath moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2006 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Maggie79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in grapefruit and buy bottles of this at a time. I love anything that smells like grapefruit, and this is by far and away THE best smelling grapefruit product ever. I love the scent because it's a very subtle and real scent; it doesn't smell like an artificial grapefruit scent. My skin can get very dry, especially in winter, and this lotion keeps my skin soft and supple for hours. I also like that this is a lighter lotion and it absorbs easily, so your skin doesn't feel so greasy all day. This is so good that I have a bottle for home and keep one of the travel size bottles at work.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 1:02:00 AM More reviews by HelloKiki

I'm really kind split on this one. I bought a trial when BBW had 4 for $10 samples a while back, and just got around to using it. It's a really nice lotion, but it kinda smells like Play-dough!! Not that it's a bad smell, it's just not what I was expecting. It's really subtle, and you put your nose really close to where you have it on. I might buy it again if it was on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 1:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetpixie1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought the almond superb lotion at bath and body works for $5, original $15. I love it! it's lightweight and it absorbs quickly! It's not like other lotions that leaves a shiny film on you or gets really sticky. I think it leaves my skin very supple. I think I'll go back and buy the rosemary mint and grapefruit lotion too! It's good if you're looking for something lightweight but if your skin is really dry, try The Body Shop body butters.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, the scent is strong on this. I have never been a rosemary-mint smell fan, but this came in a sample bag that my dear sweet boyfriend got me at Bath and Body Works. I really use this product as a hand creme, since its small in size (being a sample bottle) and I can keep it on my nightstand. I have used it on the rest of my body, and I just didn't find it as moisturizing as it should be. For me, after 30 min, my skin didn't feel like I put on anything at all. And if I am going to go through the trouble of putting on moisturizer, I want it to leave my skin super soft. I will use it up or either give this to my mom. I don't think I will be purchasing a bottle of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 9:27:00 AM More reviews by jan0124

I recently picked up the Bigelow Rosemary Mint at the Bath & Body Works sale. I could shoot myself for not buying more. The Rosemary Mint is incredible. Not only does it smell divine,but it makes my skin smooth & supple for hours.It may even be better than the Tutti Dolce body butters I purchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion. I have the unscented version. This is exactly what I was looking for: a mid-weight unscented lotion that is soothing on my sensitive skin. I thought I had found that in Olay Body sensitive quench lotion, but that turned out to be (unexpectedly) sparkly! I love Eucerin calming creme, but it's too heavy for everyday use. A lot of other lotions that claim to be unscented still have a smell to me, and I don't need that. This lotion sinks in but provides all day hydration, especially good for my legs in winter! It's not a heavy duty cream. But it's perfect for me for everyday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 10:42:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried the Lavender variety.

I figure that there are two reasons overall that people use lotions: (1) for moisture/hydration of your skin and/or (2) for light fragrance that's not drying or as extreme as a perfume.

I use lotion for hydration, and my preference is that it hydrates enough that I don't have to reapply it constantly. With that in mind, I also prefer my hands and body to not feel greasy or oily after application or at least not for very long since that limits the use of my hands freely and how long until I can get dressed without my clothes sticking to me.

This lotion does say on the front of the bottle that it's a lightweight lotion but it also claims to be long-lasting and easily absorbed. I agree that it's lightweight. My hands felt dry again soon after using, like I'd chalked them before gymnastics. However, my fingers were still shiny with an oily residue.

Sadly, while I didn't hate this lotion (I have tried one that made my skin drier than before use), it doesn't justify $15. It wasn't hydrating for even 30 minutes and was grossy shiny for over an hour. I also didn't like the fragrance on my skin.

While I liked the fragrance of the lotion in the bottle very much (and love lavender), but once I applied it on my skin, it smelt powdery-fake (which is surprising with the 5% lavender extract) on me. Oddly enough, when I returned it to B&BW, the SA said that she didn't like how it smelt on either.

Ingreds:
water, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, stearic acid, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, butylene glycol, dimethicone, methyl gluceth-20, cetyl phosphate, cetyl ethylhexanoate, [sweet almond oil, lavender oil, bergamot fruit oil, palmarosa oil, patchouli oil, clary oil, vetiveria zizanoides root oil, juniper berry fruit oil, rosemary leaf oil, and other aromatic ingredients (scary, huh...the vagueness)], cetyl esters, sunflower seed oil, lavender extract 5%, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, borago officinalis seed oil, olive fruit oil, sweet almond oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, wheat germ oil, sodium hyaluronate, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopheryl linoleate, tocopherol, panthenol, bht, carbomer, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, diazolidinyl urea continued >>