September 1, 2014 | 1038 users online

Mascara - Kanebo - Kate Doll Lash mascara - Black

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by loveling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on the prowl for a WP mascara and came across this one on ebay. The price was good @ $12 incl. intl.shipping. I've only tried it once but it smeared on my eyelids ( have heavy Asian eyelids). Thus, I'm only giving it 3 of 5. I have to admit I was disappointed because I've read rave reviews about this brand. Packaging is ok. Simple design no frilly stuff here. The good part is that it does elongate your eyelashes and the brush is fairly easy to work with as it's not as thick as most conventional mascara brushes are here in Europe. So if your main issue is short lashes (only) I'd give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by dupatinaglace

It makes your lashes long and dollish, just as it advertises, and it doesn't smudge. I really like the product itself but the packaging can be a little annoying. The mascara wand tends to extract too much from inside the tube (I guess it's because its bristles are thick and fat?) so there's always the risk of applying too much at once. Also, the wand tends to cause a bit of a spillover at the opening. Overall, though, the product is great for the price. If I can't find a better packaged product at the same reasonable price and quality, I'll definitely purchase this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this mascara definitely lengthen your lashes but doesnt curl or volumise at all.. so this mascara really fits the name because it says 'Kate Dollish Long mascara'.. and i think its ok because it does what its supposed to do.. i have long & thick lashes & this mascara really lengthens them and its waterproof.. the brush is really small so you can get all the lashes at the corner of the eyes.. i will not buy this again as i'm looking for a better mascara..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is the same product as the Kate Dollish Long mascara? Anyway, if it is, it's awesome -- one of two mascaras I've found that don't smudge on me. (The other is Lancome Definicils.) It definitely lengthens, thickens, etc., more than Definicils, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by christallef

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this mascara. I bought it from a trip to Japan in Sept. 2005. It is the best mascara I have found so far. The thin, small brush wand allows you to apply the mascara precisely. It doesn't smudge and is easy to be removed with cleasing oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2005 12:21:00 AM More reviews by benjapa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my best drugstore mascara I have discovered so far. Kate is a Kanebo's line, sold in drugstores. I really love this mascara. It makes my lash appearing longer and thicker. You could imagine that my lash looks really like doll lash! I love the fact that it does not smudge but easy to remove. Fasico mascara does not smudge either but it takes forever to remove it out off your lash. Kate Doll Lash has a unique small brush that look very odd at first. However, it really works applying the mascara. I think this is the best mascara not just only in the drugstore range but also in the whole market. The price is really cheap too. It costs a little bit less than $7. So, Lady if you have any way to get your hand on this mascara (on Ebay or whatever), don't let it gets away.

Edit: Be aware that it drys out pretty fast (about a month after opening)