Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought the shade 086 Sugar Plum, which can be best described as a sheer pink with a touch of violet with a cool undertone.
The colour is really beautiful on the lips, and I imagine it would look very nice on anyone with pale skin.
But um, the smell.
Overpowering is one way of putting it.
Off-putting is another.
I love this lipstick, but did they have to put so much perfume in it? It smells like they just decided to throw an entire vat of perfume into the mix just for the sake of us poor fragrance-loving consumers and didn't measure it. I could probably dot this on my wrists and people would be convinced that I was just wearing some kind of strong, old-lady type of perfume. I don't want to eat this, and I have to make sure not to breathe when putting this on. I don't have a problem with floral smells and makeup usually - I have a lot of Korean cosmetics at home, and goodness knows the Koreans love their faces to smell like a freshly cut bouquet - but this one errs slightly on the sickly side.
Fortunately the smell does fade (at least to my nose) in about 10 minutes, but I wouldn't really recommend carrying this around, as opening it up and reapplying in a public bathroom is sure to leave a few people looking around and wondering what the source of that awful scent is.
If Rimmel ever decided to reformulate this and just do away with the smell, I would probably buy this again, but I prefer my lips relatively scent-free, thanks.

I have the satin finish lipstick (black tube) in the color 30 which I would describe as a true orchid purple. Extremely flattering on tan skin tones. These lipsticks are comfortable to wear and almost feel weightless like theres nothing on, not sticky/tacky atall, last a good while unless you eat or wipe them off and very true to color. They do transfer but if you are worried the color will change after drinking water etc, it usually seems same even after transfer since it is so pigmented. I love this lipstick, it is literally the type of formula you would imagine on a good old school lip stick. The scent is that classic lipstick scent with a hint of something floral. Overall worth the money and for the price these are a bargain. I would say I have tried the black packaging and red ones by Kate Moss and I prefer the black ones as they just feel like comfortable creamy lipsticks while the red ones feel more silicone-like or wet powder-like (odd!). Definitely go and get yourself these, 100% opacity, not drying and very comfortable, worth the money and lots of colours to choose from.

on 4/27/2015 2:00:00 PM

I really like the rich, creamy texture of this lipstick. Feels like a prestige brand lipstick on the mouth. I have this in Jet Set Red, which is a rich, orange-based red. It does last long time on my lips and does not dry them out. Contains parabens.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I own three of these; Frosted, Crush, and Airy Fairy. I've had them for a long time and I really don't know why I don't wear them more. I really love them!

Today I wore Frosted and this stuff really does last all day. I went to work, ate lunch with it on, and 8 hours later it's still going strong, although it has faded a tad. Frosted is a very unique, gold shimmer. There's no gloss to it; just beautiful golden shimmer. It's not opaque, your natural lip colour will show through. For some it might be a weird shade, but I love it! It looks like something a runway model would wear in a fantasy themed fashion show. Just lovely. It doesn't dry out my lips either, and the other shades seem to be good for this too.

Crush is a coral/orange shade that I originally bought just for the sake of trying out. Unfortunately, I can't make it work with my pale, neutral skin and dark features.

Airy Fairy is an absolutely lovely muted pinky mauve shade. It's been a while since I've worn it, so I don't have much to say about it right now, but I remember it being one of my favorites!

The formula for these gets a 5/5 from me! I also really like the packaging; no problems whatsoever with the twist-up mechanism and the aesthetic is very classy for the price.

Next time I go shopping I'm definitely going to be picking up more shades.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pretty decent lipstick by Rimmel. Easy to apply, well pigmented and good color selection. This lipstick does transfer like most. The lipstick has a nice sheen to it. Lasting ability is a few hours (without eating, drinking, or kissing). Overall a good product.

on 4/18/2014 5:08:00 AM

I received this from my ever loving dad as a gift in shades Firecracker, which is a shimmery, orangey coral on me, and Guestlist, a frosty medium pink. I absolutely freakin' LOVE this product. It's all I wish for in a lipstick. First, it smells delicious. I love sweet smelling lippies, and this has a candy-ish/cookie scent which I can't stop smelling. Second, it's surprisingly very long lasting. It lasted 5 hours on me with one meal and minimal drinking. I came home and it's still there, and it never dried my lips! Well for the record I don't have super dry lips, but the texture is creamy and non drying. The only thing I didn't love are the shimmers in it, but it's workable and not over the top. Will try the other shades without the frost.

on 2/8/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick has the exact shade (036 Kiss) and texture I'm looking for BUT IT STINKS. Just trying it on gives me nausea.

on 11/17/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked up the color Bordeaux on a whim looking for a deep red color. This IS SO pigmented. and cheap. very cheap. Doesn't dry out my lips. It is so pigmented that I just dab it on-not swipe-over chapstick and it looks awesome. Same color as the Lip Butter red velvet. Really impressed with Rimmel's lipsticks.

on 8/6/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love these lipsticks! They smell good and if you have smooth lips they look great and seem to last a while when I would eat or drink especially the red one! They're always on sale in Priceline!

on 5/19/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have this in the shade 'Cutting Edge', which is a deep berry-plum shade, perfect for that vampy look in the colder seasons. Rimmel's range of lasting finish lipsticks all smell like chai latte to me which is awesome too! Highly recommend these as they're affordable and have great pigmentation & lasting power.

Recommended for Medium Skin