November 20, 2014 | 2036 users online

Polishes - Orly - Opal Hope

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with georgiasweety: Orly makes better quality polishes than OPI. Quality of formula is easier to apply, dries faster and lasts much longer. This color is very unusual, and more duochromatic than peachy depending on the angle and lighting. It is a nice color for warmer months, and as a top coat for corals and warm-tone pinks

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This metallic pink is beautiful in the bottle. I found this goes on kind of funny though. It changes color when I move. That may be a plus for some, but for me I did not like it. It went on smoothly and seems to be lasting pretty well. For me the only problem is the way the color changes. Sometimes it looks green and sometimes like a blue. Not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by wotstaterseh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this at ULTA when they had a Orly polish sale, its a very sheer and pretty pale pink that shimmers blue-green in the light, which I like a lot but some people hate. Very flattering color on my olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by msrae2966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchase this off of the clearance counter at Sally's today and planned to wear it on top of my Orlon basecoat for a shimmery pale look...but since I've just did my mani in Daddy's the King, I decided to put one coat on top of my mani ... this created some king of pearlized effect and the salmon color I'm already wearing makes it kinda look like a peachy bronze color...

needless to say, I'm heading to another Sally's to see if they have anymore of these so that I can stock up.

As soon as I figure out where to upload pics of my reviews, I'll do just that.

This would be beautiful for a bridal look!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by sophiecl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this color!! It's a great summer color. It's a gorgeous soft golden pink with a spunky green duochrome. It's on the sheer side so I find it takes a few coats to get it opaque. I've used it on friends with different skin tones and it looks wonderful on all of them. A universally flattering color. Like most Orly polishes, the formula's nice and easy to work with, but nothing exceptional. Drying time's around half an hour with a coat of Seche Vite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by desden

This is one of my favourite shades for my tips. It looks lovely with 1, 2 or even 3 coats. Such a pretty shimmering colour, soft peachy pink and flashes of green, it makes my nails look like they glow, and it lasts really well. However I do find it takes quite a long time to dry. I have to leave hours between coats or it stays soft and dents, even with a coat of SV over the top. However the colour is so lovely that its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

I love this color! Looks great with my skin tone and definitely shimmers and flashes like an opal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful warm toned peachy pink color in the bottle. Im a nail tech, and I agree with the reviewer below me, Orly polishes are better than OPI. I find Orly polishes have the same consistancy as you get to the last drops as the first day of purchasing. I was highly disappointed with this color on my nails. I was not expecting this color to look so sheer on. Be careful with light shimmery Orly's, while they are beautiful in the bottle, they look much difference on the nails. I would have to do 3-4 coats of this to get the color I want, but that would never dry! Gorgeous baby doll pink with the green based sparkles. This color def stands out on the Orly rack, but dont purchase without seeing pics of this on nails first. It is frosty, with TONS of shimmer for reference. Its called "Opal Hope" Orly's polish for the month of October. If you want a cool toned pink similar to this , check out Orly's " Catch the bouquet"

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jandewng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This colour is pink with green shimmer. Like wat many reviewers mentioned, it could be good if there is no green shimmer. Perhaps because of the fine glitter in the polish, it does not go on that smoothly. Good thing abt this is that it seems to give off a 3D effect.

Update: the colour lasted for 1 whole week. Even better than most of the OPI polishes I used. Would try out other colours soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C_home

This is a beautiful shade! Its a sheer pink with a very slight green flash and pink micro-glitter. Yes, it really is as pretty as it sounds! I got good coverage for a sheer in two coats. I'm a sucker for sheer pinks and this is a winner for me. Its a great color for everyday wear, great for the work-place, and great for the more conservative person that wants a little flash, but not too much flash.