October 25, 2014 | 1149 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Lip Formula SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually feel a little guilty giving this only 4 stars, saying packging was worth 3 stars, and not buying this product again. But I have my reason:
1. There is a HUGE amount of lip treatment here (0.5 oz) which will last me at least 1 year. I cannot imagine it running out of it any earlier.
2. I love how this is nonsticky yet smooth but a tad too liquidy and the slanted applicator tip has a hole that is a little too big so you have to be careful how much product comes out.
3. This conditioned my lips well, although I don't have problems with chapped or dry lips that often.
4. Ultimately would not buy this due to low SPF; I prefer to invest in Avène or La Roche Posay lip treatments with SPF 50.

EDIT: I love the Hawaiian Tropic SPF45 Lip Balm - higher SPF, v. cheap! And it's not as liquidy as this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by peeweewee

This product didn't moisturize at all, it left my lips very dried. I didn't like the texture either...it was too thick and hard to spread. For 8 bucks...this was def. not worth it, although I'll try to use most of them up since I don't like to waste. I'd give this 1 star for the nice, warm smell of the sweet almond oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by xMengox

You know how deodorant (stick) looks when you put on too much? It gets white on your skin and then (if your using a bad kind) leaves white marks on your shirts or when you put on sun screen sometimes and they leave white streaks? This does exactly that but on your lips.
I bought this solely because it has spf and it sucks.
The only upside: It doesn't leave a bitter taste.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by rockgrl12583

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not worth $8 you pay for it. It has the consistency and moisturizing capabilities of vaseline. It has petrolatum, which can be drying on the lips. The one big plus is that it has a nice scent and has SPF 15. However, I don't think you get that much protection from it because it does not last very long and you will be constantly reapplying. It did not make my lips feel better and I get the same result from good ol' vaseline.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Do not like. I was hoping for something balmy out of this and what I got was...was....I don't know how to really describe the texture of this...like Vaseline only more slippery in that it does not melt over my lips and leave them feeling moisturized, it just leaves them feeling slimy and coated. I hate the packaging, since the product does not absorb or at least stick to lips and it doesn't stick to the plastic slant tip it just slowly slides to the back of the tip and gets all gunky and gross. Not matter how much or how often I apply this, it never ever leaves my lips feeling moisturized. It is like it just sits on top of already dry lips. Might be okay if you're lips are in good shape and you're just looking for a shiny balm like product but uh, there are about 1000 better ones out there. Sorry C. O. Bigelow...my $1 ELF balm blows this out of the water.

On the plus side I guess, the scent is nice, but what is a nice scent if the product sucks? continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I stopped by Bath & Body Works on a shopping spree trip because I was in desperate need for lip balm. I have been buying Savannah Bee's lip balm, also found at B&BW, for awhile and wanted to try something new. There was a rack with all the CO Bigelow lip balms for $5. I tested out this one first as I've been searching for a lip balm with SPF since it's summer and all. After applying, my lips felt soft and immediately moisturizing. So I purchased it, and now I apply it at home and while out. I am addicted to the sugar cookie scent and flavor. My lips do feel moisturized. However, this lip balm does not have a high staying power. It wears off after about an hour or so. Oh well. I would purchase it again, but I think I will continue my search of SPF lip balms, that actually stay put for at least 2 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by kristinp825

Love this lip balm! Smells and tastes delicious (cookies/vanilla) and feels smooth, not tacky and sticky like the Mentha lip glosses. It actually felt soothing on my lips and left them moisturized. And the SPF 15 is essential. Only problem is the price ($7.50), but it's still well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by FlirtyinFL

I love the sugar cookie smell, the SPF 15, and the glossy look, but it isn't too good of a lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I bought on a whim while browsing a BBW sale, along with the non-SPF version (see my review). I am still using this, but just to get rid of it, frankly....I can really taste and smell the SPF in it, and it's not moisturizing enough for my lips. It's also very slippery and really shiny -- it melts in the tube in hot weather too, which is unfortunate because I only use it in hot weather for the SPF! I don't particularly care for the packaging either...it seems unsanitary because you have to use your finger. But I digress, it's an okay lipbalm. I just prefer less slippery things. Will use this up, but it's not a repurchase for me. EDIT 9/14/06: Okay, I'm slowly caving. As the weather is cooling down, this lip balm is so much nicer for me! Not as slippery, and seems to have less of an SPF taste too! Will use it on days that are sunny but not hot...which are becoming more common as we get into fall here in the Pacific NW. I'll finish the tube eventually, but am still floundering on repurchasing. EDIT 5/3/07: I finished the tube and won't purchase it again. It didn't moisturize my lips and I could feel the SPF which I found nasty. Didn't like this lip balm. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 11:28:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the smooth texture of this lipgloss as opposed to the stickyness of most glosses, and the fact that it is spf 15. Mine seems like it's gotten grainy over time though like I got sand in it or something, so I'm taking off 1 lippie for that. Other than that though it's great.