Philosophy Toasted coconut marshmallow 3 in 1

2.7

on 4/26/2008 2:46:00 PM

Hm, I didn't smell any marshmallows in here--just coconut. It was a little too coconutty for my taste, but it's definitely one of the stronger scents in the 3 in 1 collection. It also seems to "linger" a little bit longer after you take a shower. I also wouldn't recommend it as a shampoo though because it really dried out my hair... and if I used conditioner after I used it as a shampoo, the smell would be gone from my hair anyway... So this is only good as a shower gel. Also, the flip tops seem to always break off on me when I pack them in suitcases...

on 10/4/2006 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This does smell like 'Toasted Coconut Marshmallows' to me, exactly as advertised (although I haven't tried the other coconut scents for comparison). I can actually smell the 'toasted marshmallow' along with the plain old coconut...and I like it, it's a nice foody fragrance. It's a decent shower gel, doesn't over-dry my skin, I don't use it as a shampoo, and it's disappointing as a bubble bath...lots of bubbles, but the scent COMPLETELY disappears (very disappointing). All in all, it's a nice product, but extremely overpriced, and I would not repurchase. The only other three-in-one that I'm interested in trying is the Lavender Pound Cake.

on 12/29/2005 10:23:00 AM

To me, this smells almost exactly like the Cocunut Cream Pie 3-in-1, maybe a little sweeter. But the smell seems very faint. I would never have bought if it was for sale in the store.

on 11/4/2005 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a nice scent, though that is considering the fact I don't own any other Philosophy coconut-themed scents. Having sniffed various bottles at Sephora, I really can't figure what separates this particular coconut-wash from their others. It does seem like a very sweet coconut, which I suppose is their attempt to bring in the "marshmallow" aspect. Unfortunately, it just makes it smell overly sweet and generic. I will definitely use it up, but being that I'm not a die-hard coconut fan to begin with, I don't see myself repurchasing this particular bottle. As a Philosophy 3-in-1, it is a great body wash that lathers well & leaves my skin nice and soft. I mark it down based on the fact the fragrance is unoriginal--you can't kid us, Philosophy, by repackaging the same old scent with a different name. I expect more from the company.

on 10/26/2005 5:24:00 PM

I'm not happy that 2 of the three 3-in-1s I just got in my qvc auto-ship actually are scents I already have, but under different names. Feels like I'm really getting ripped off here. Philosophy needs to stop recycling scents. I don't smell the marshmallow or "toasted" coconut - just the same scent as coconut milk or pina colada, but with a tiny bit of a wierd, very plastic smell. Skip this one - get coconut milk or pina instead.

on 10/24/2005 3:20:00 PM

I love this scent but it looks and smells exactly like Sweet Coconut Milk. I have them both and compared them side by side. I love coconut and since I already had SCM, I was hoping this would be a little different. I still love the scent and would probably but it again, I just wish they would stop recycling products and calling them different names. I got this from QVC auto delivery so I was not able to sample it ahead of time.