November 26, 2014 | 997 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Moisturizing Body Wash - Firming

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this at the flea market for $3.00 CDN.

It smells nice...and it does the job (cleans my body)

Im not sure that it "firms" anything but really...its BODY WASH...and for that i would repurchase it

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by unaversal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this at Big Lots for $2 just to try it. First of all, I can't stand the smell. It smells like grass and outdoorsy- not something you want to smell in your body wash and shower when all you want to do is relax a bit and get clean. My skin felt very dry and tight afterward. I guess I can attribute this to the "firming" property of this body wash. Overall, I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by poofyboot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For a body wash this works pretty well. I found It works better if you leave it on for a couple minutes. I lather it on and then shave my legs before i rinse. i actually noticed a difference.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by PeeWeeScaresMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only bought this because it was on clearance at my local grocery store, and I figured since it's Dove, it has to be at least decent. The scent is not my favorite, but it's pretty light, and this wash really has no firming properties, but I didn't really expect it to. I have read some complaints about this breaking people out, and I, too, experienced a some blemishes around my chest, which happens very rarely, but I am assuming it's because of this. I also noticed this can leave a slight residue behind, maybe that's the cause of the breakouts? In any case, there was nothing about this product that would make me buy it again, but I will finish up the bottle I have; perhaps I will just use the wash for shaving my legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by jehanneisbeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in the minority here. But i love this body wash. I was skeptical that it would have any firming effect at all, but i find that it does significantly enhance my skin firming routine. I use it with a nice big loofah puff and massage very thoroughly into my entire body concentrating on my bum and thighs. I love that it is way more moisturising than any other bodywash i have tried. Even the oil based ones. I genuinely love this. The scent is nice and fresh, but subtle too. I think it's a winner and i buy it regularly.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by faith2006

did not firm me at all, also dont like the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by stephanie32082

Blah. This didn't do anything any other body wash can do. The scent was okay...nothing special. I didn't have any problems with acne/spots with this thankfully and there was no firming at all with this. I would not repurchase this. It's below average for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This along with the firming lotion and other firming treatment thingy gave me spots all over my chest (which I have never had before) I really was hoping this would be great but alas back to Boots I go.
Its a shame because I was happy with the smell, texture and moisturizing quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is your average formula moisturizing body wash. It is very thick and creamy and best for someone with dry skin. The firming bit is absolute rubbish, body wash doesn't firm your skin! Average product. Dove makes some nice staples but overall I have not fallen in love enough to repurchase. ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this did nothing to firm my skin... pity, i expected it to work since the body lotion did some noticeable firming. the scent is fresh and yummy~ its slightly moisturizing and laters up well with a bath lily. i'd probably use something more moisturizing for the winter though. not sure if i will buy again