April 19, 2014 | 1872 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clarins - Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the past couple of years I've had problems with my corners of my eye being dry to the point of peeling. That made applying eye shadow very difficult. I was told that I may have psoriasis! So I got rid of all my darker MAC e/s which seem to exacerbate the problem.

So for two years, I've tried many, and none worked at all. I went to the Clarin's counter at Macy's in December and the SA gave me a sample which lasted about two weeks. I found that this actually worked better than all the others I had tried in the past. I was pleased that my eyelids have gotten much better! It still get a bit dry on occasion but I am able to apply my eye shadow without problems.

That said, the price is crazy expensive so I'll try to find another product that works. If I can find something more reasonably priced, I will switch.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by ysic2

I bought this product thanks to the reviews from Makeupalley. I was in a store and wanted a product that would would be good. I found this product which had some great reviews and even though the sales assistant told me this product was more for older women, I was like nope this is what I want. It has been great so far. I was getting worried about bags under the eyes, looking tired, etc.
Its only been a week and feel great. I had one lady thought I was 10 yearss younger today. The eye cream certainly helped that. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Hallola

I don't think i'll be buying products based on reviews any more this is my second product that i bought based on MUA reviews and it's really disappointing yes it did moisturize my eye area but it actually made my dark circles WORSE,there's a 100$ im not seeing again 😩

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I was advised that this product is geared more for woman in their 40's and 50's but i decided to give it a try since i take such pride in my skin and have heard such rave reviews about Clarins products. So far i have been using it for 3 weeks and this is what i have experienced:

When applied, it feels very smooth on my skin and absorbs well. It is not greasy or sticky, nor does it leave a residue. My eye area feels very soft and does not dry it out. I have not seen a significant difference in the way my under eye area looks but i like the face that my eyes are not irritated, i have not seen any bumps or rashes, and it has a very refreshing feel to it. Will use and update my results.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Freyamarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very, very effective eye treatment. That is, if you're the right age for it.

I tried this for a while when I was about 22. Right away, it made my eyes puffy and gave me milia. Nothing weird about that - my skin was just way too young for it. Now, at 26, I used it for a week as an intensive treatment, and my fine lines vanished. I was stunned.

I'm seeing reviews on here complaining about puffiness or about the product not doing anything. This is how most anti-aging creams work: If you start using them too early, they're way too strong for you, so they will most definitely break you out and puff up your eye area. If you wait too long to start using them, nothing will reverse the wrinkles you already have. But if you use this cream on recently formed wrinkles, eg. in your early thirties, you will probably get pretty good results.

The cream is expensive and fairly strongly scented, but did not irritate my sensitive skin. I saw great results regarding both dryness and fine lines. But once again - don't start using it too early.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am totally in love with this product on my first application. I noticed a significant reduction in my deep wrinkles around my temples. Like what the SA told me, I guess this product is more suitable for elderly women about 50.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The everlasting quest for a great eye cream continues. This was one of the eye creams on my list and I've been using it for about 4 months now. It was the most expensive eye cream I've tried at $80-something bux.
Pros:
-Texture: smooth, creamy, non-sticky, absorbs well
-How it looks: NOT shiny or greasy - can wear during the day with no problem
-Doesn't leave my eye area feeling dry (but I wouldn't say it is hydrating)

Cons:
-NO RESULTS. Didn't change the look of my eye area at all. No reduction of fine lines. Even the tiny lines.
-Doesn't seem to hydrate. I had a dermascope analysis of my skin which showed the areas around my eyes were not hydrated. I had been using this eye cream for a while at that time and was wearing it at the time of the analysis.
-A couple of mornings I woke up with extremely puffy eyes, like an allergic reaction.

If I'm going to pay so much for an eye cream, I expect at least a little results. I still gave this 3 stars because of the Pros I mentioned and because it didn't make my eyes look/feel worse, like many other eye creams have done.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by maggamin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my second container of this product and while it does work great as a moisturizer, does not irritate my eyes, and can be worn under makeup...it has actually made my upper eyelids look more crepey and saggy and my dark circles have gotten darker since I began using it about 5 months ago. If you're like me and need a cream that will help firm and also diminish your dark circles, this is not the cream for you. I love Clarins, but this is one product of theirs I will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Nebula123

This is the first time I'm reviewing any product, just bcos I've never felt this terribly angry abt any other product I've ever used! I bought this last night at Macy's, first I had already been to clarins counter asking for a sample for this product since its crazy pricey n you need to try it to avoid going through the hassle of returning it. But the salesperson told me they don't give samples cos you won't see the results your looking for with a sample. So next time I went back n bought the darn thing. I applied it last night n this morn woke up with puffed eyes! My upper eyelid drooping down n puffy bags under my eyes!!! I felt like crying! I bought the product for dark circles n a fine line I just noticed under my left eye. I am using Nimue Eye Treatment for so long n its a wonderful product that gives great moisturization protection n keeps dark circles light, but since this product is exclusive to salons in few European salons n I can't find it in US I had to resort to this awful product. I am returning it today n will give clarins a piece of my mind!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the only eye products I can use around my sensitive eyes and that says a lot. It is a little pricey, but to me worth it. Very effective in moisturizing the eye area, does not cause milia, which occurs on me very easily. No strong vapors to cause eyes to water either. On my second bottle, and can notice a difference with daily use on my fine lines and under eye puffiness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No