September 22, 2014 | 2043 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Heather Silk

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Too bright
I like a natural flush to my cheeks not hey look at me I'm wearing makeup.
I wish they would make some new shades because I do love the quality of the product and appreciate the pigmentation but it was just too much for me and I really don't want a bright fuschia cheek.
I have tried the other shades as well which are also great products just none of shades are something I would use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only Wet'n'Wild product that I've tried, as you can't get them easily here in NZ. However, I spotted this at a makeup sale a while ago, and snapped it up immediately as I remembered hearing really good things about W'n'W blushes. Unfortunately, this particular shade isn't one that I've got much use out of, and I wouldn't repurchase it if I ever did (somehow) finish it.

To start with, the good things about this blush:
-It's *extremely* pigmented. Not even the fussiest person could complain about any lack of colour payoff here.
-Lasts all day. Granted, I don't have in any way oily cheeks, but even so, some blushes wear off during the day. Not this one!
-You get a large amount of product, which means that this isn't something you're going to have to be shelling out big bucks for on a regular basis. That leads me to my last point....
-This is incredibly cheap. Obviously all makeup costs more here than it does in basically any other country in the world (are you picking up on the tone of bitterness here?), but you can get this blush for less than $10 online, and I believe even at the makeup sale it was only about $8.

However, despite all the points above, here are the reasons I don't really like this blush that much:

-Although I dislike non-pigmented products as much as the next person, I personally find this blush to be TOO pigmented to work with easily. I don't like having to spend 5 minutes on applying my blush alone in the morning, but this blush does require lots of time to make it work. I literally barely touch the product with my brush and it picks up WAY too much product to apply straight away -- I have to work some of it off onto my wrist and then spend ages buffing it out and sometimes even applying more regular face powder on top to get it toned down enough to wear out in public.
-The colour just has too strong a blue undertone for me to be able to pull off with my fair, warm skin. I'm sure that this colour would work amazingly on people with cooler undertones - I can picture it as being the perfect just-in-from-the-snow flush of colour on some people, just definitely not on me. It really doesn't look flattering, and therefore I rarely wear it.

All that being said, I think this is a beautiful colour, and if it actually looked good on me I would probably be more willing to expend the time it requires to apply it nicely. I'm definitely keen to try out some of the eyeshadows, if the pigmentation anywhere near matches that of this blush. Overall, for the price, I think this blush definitely worth a try. :) Hope that helps some of you!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I really like Wet n Wild blush. They are the most pigmented and long lasting (at least on my face and I do live in a tropical country where the heat can be too much, almost all year round, with no four season, here we only have rain or sunny day). I don't need to use a lot to show the color on my face although it is not easily available in my country, I order it online and had to wait till a month to get it but still, it is worth for it price and got the work done very well. Usually I save them for outing when I need to spend more than 6 hours outside and I know they won't fade or disappear easily on my face. Why I gave this blush 3 lippies is because of its color. I love Mellow Wine and I intend to get other two and see how it goes since it is cheap, there isn't any harm anyway right? But for Heather Silk, the color just isn't suitable for me. It is sort of a blue pink mauve on me and I don't look right, healthy or even fresh. No matter how light or slightly heavy, with different application way I applied this blush, it is just not appealing at all to me. I feel like I overdone it every time. Like one reviewer who mention that the color look like she has been smacked, I feel and think the same way when I saw this color on my face. With Mellow Wine and a light tap, it makes me look sophisticated and can be elegant. Too bad this color just don't work for me. I really like how it look in the pan but like Nars Desire, this just doesn't work. Probably it will work for someone with cooler skin tone. Needless to say, I won't repurchase. Will check out the other colors though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by SPerk

Love the color. Very pigmented! Good texture, smooth and not chalky. I really like that this is a matte color bc wnw always seems to put shimmer in everything. Can't beat the price. I've done a lot of drugstore hauls lately and this was definitely one of the more mention worthy products I've brought home. Deducted this brand again for the packaging. It is light a convenient but no mirror so applying on the go would require another compact. And the product is such a thin layer that I would be afraid it would break in my purse or travel bag. Over all a good buy and I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried the Heathersilk blush and was not impressed. I had been searching for a dark pink that would compliment my skin and give me a sultry, night-on-the-town look. This was not the blush for me. It was streaky on my face and didn't blend well. It was dark, but it was a dark/bright combination and upon application it had looked as if I had been smacked. I toned it down with light face powder to blend some of the brightness. I threw it away because I just couldn't work with it. femme couture had a similar looking shade in their loose blush (sweet blush) that was more agreeable in terms of shade. I love Wet-n-Wild, but I personally did not like this blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Josefigne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Has a really nice pigmentation and is quite soft/buttery. I just broke mine, but will def. buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

True dark pink and stays that way. It takes a few tries to not overdo it very pigmented!!! I needed this one and will use it a lot. Very happy. I think I will make a custom palette and depot this because the packaging is the cheapest ugliest thing I ever purchased.Good quality !

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by nsemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Good bargain blush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Unless they've changed this formula, I have to disagree with one of the reviewers below....there is ZERO shimmer in this blush. It is truly a gorgeous, but absolutely MATTE pink blush. One of my faves to be sure. The color brings my sallow complextion to life, does NOT show pores due to no glitter or shine, and makes my green eyes pop. Love this for that healthy, winter wind flushed glow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Lolat81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This blush is fantastic! Very saturated in color. Cheap but quality! It's lasted so long so far. A little goes a long way. It's great and I holy recommend it!