July 29, 2014 | 1216 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Professional X-Tra Lift Browns

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by TheresaK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Did not love this product.
My hair is medium to dark brown with no red in it. Applied product to all the ends of my hair and did the roots with the last 10 min left.
Hair came out with really patchy results, with some parts getting pretty lifted (like the roots which I expected, and some parts of the hair) and the ends and other parts of my hir are just as dark as the beginning. Not a big deal as I can still be seen in public until I put another colour over top, but annoying none the less.
Also, this product REALLY irritated my scalp. Had some pretty intense burning, so if you have a sensitive scalp I wouldn't recommend this.
I've used Feria lots in the past, but this Hi LIft was a miss for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jessiboo27

I just bought this hair dye yesterday, I do not die my hair very often with store bought hairdyes but I thought I would try something different. I followed all of the directions correctly and I left the hair dye on my head for 15 minutes longer then what the box had said so I left it on for a total of 45 minutes. After rinsing out the die i blow dryed my hair & I couldnt even tell a difference. I always take a picture of my hair before I die it so that i can see the difference & there was absolutly no difference at all. I must say this was a waste of money most deffinatly & i was a little bummed because i normally love most of L'oreals products.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by megnmosmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Results are not as described. It specifically states on the package ' No Brassiness" and ' Specifically formulated to reduce and minimize red/orange tones'.
My brother used this tonight and his hair turned out AWFUL , it is a light red ( lighter at the roots) He had to run out to Wal Mart with that hideous hair color and buy a Revlon product in Medium Brown with much better results.
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by j3nn3y

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always want to love Feria, but this product reminded me why I don't. It does leave my hair very straw-like and my hair is normally normal.

This product does state that it is for those with natural hair, i.e. not previously dyed. And they are true to their word. It did lift my hair almost 3 levels, but only the two inches close to the roots. Though I think the heat from my scalp had something to do with that too. Possibly recommend bagging your hair.

There was absolutely no colour change on the rest of my hair. ZERO. But now it is dry. I'm not sure if it's the colouring or the conditioner that is different in Feria, but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kbalzart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sally's in Mahogany Brown. I used Preference (box) Mahogany Brown and liked the color, but it wasn't quite bright enough. I have been in the red spectrum for over a year now and wanted more of a plum color for the winter.

Five minutes in, I began to really panic when I saw my bright pink roots and almost ran for the sink. But, I stuck it out and was momentarily hopeful when I began rinsing.

Overall, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, but not my favorite either. After conditioning the crap out of my hair, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

I can live with it for the next month until I decide what to move onto next. Maybe Revlon, which I would never have considered, but with all the good reviews - who knows...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had hoped to achieve a golden brown hue on my dark brown hair. This lifted my hair just a teeny bit... not even worth the effort. Very disappointed. Not sure about damage... I did a deep condition two days ago, and again this morning (used product last night).

Just not a fan of the Feria lines... the Preference is SO much better!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by AnnP30

This product definitely lightens even the darkest of hair, but there was more brassiness than I had expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2005 1:17:00 PM More reviews by commercesd

I just used this product in Beige Brown for the first time with very nice results. A little history: I've been using the hi-lift brown hair color products -- both store bought and beauty supply, for the past year with very good results. I have dark brown hair that has been reddish brown, dark reddish blonde, golden brownish blonde, etc., which I used to go to a salon to do. Fed up with paying such high costs for what seemed to be a very easy process, after my stylist told me to just use the Clairol Beautiful Browns to refresh color (it doesn't lift, just adds color, shine, body -- great product and very cheap at the beauty supply), and after a stylist told me she was using blonde shades to get the lighter brown I wanted, I took the dive and tried it myself, with pretty good results, before the hi-lift lines came out. Once those came out, I decided to just try the L'Oreal Les Trues Brunettes in Lightest Ash Brown and - the color came out exactly as it was on the box! I long since learned that you can never go by the color on the box, because it depends on what your own base color is, what kind of products you last used, etc., so it really is tricky when you buy stuff at the drug store. Next, I decided to try a warmer color, since the Ash wasn't quite right for my skin tone (I am very fair, but have yellow in my skin and the Ash tended to wash me out). So I tried the Light Golden Brown next and it was awesome! After that, I couldn't find the Light Golden Brown (that's one of the problems; it's a great product, but there usually is a limited supply of what's available and there are very few colors to choose from), so I decided to try the Garnier hi-lift golden brown and it too, turned out fantastic. Then I got bored in summer, wanted to redden up my hair a bit, but couldn't find any shade of hi-lift that did that. I'd tried the reddish blonde - L'Oreal, and it worked pretty well, but since I had such great success with the hi-lifts, I wanted to stay with those products. Then I went to the beauty supply and was pleased to find that they, too, carried the hi-lift products and had WAY more colors to choose from, including reds! So I got the L'Oreal Hi-Lift in Soft Auburn and again got great results, but as it washed out, I didn't like the gold tones. So now that it's winter, I decided to go back to a more basic light-medium brown and chose Feria's X-tra lift beige brown for the first time and it is really nice. There is still some red in my hair, and I processed it like a touch-up so that I wouldn't damage my hair... I really like the result a lot. To keep it fresh, I'll use a color-depositing brown shampoo and John Frieda's brunette washing products. The color is not quite as shiny as it was in the store, but that's probably just my hair. The multi-tonal aspect is definitely there, looks very natural, not flat. Very nice color. Highly recommend! got the It truly doesn't damage my hair any more than the other products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently used this product for the second time with pretty good sucess. I must be one of the rare people that get pretty good results from Feria, so, I am not afraid to use it over and again. It truly doesn't damage my hair any more than the other products.

Well, I purchased this product from Sally's in Mohogany Brown. I wanted to try a reddish color and this did deliver. The highlights in this color are red and gold. The product is supposed to lift the color up to 3 levels, but, I got about 1 level lift. I am trying to get used to the color. It is different for me. The application technique is good so you don't develop the "hot roots" as you apply the hair color to the roots for the last 10 minutes. I have to say that I don't see any brass, I just am not sure that I like the color. Oh, well!